Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View When you feel Prayers aren't answered
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 8:10AM #1
reverendsandie1
It's OK to feel upset and angry when someone you have been praying for passes anyway's. This is a natural human emotion, and God knows we suffer from anguish and frustration at the idea that we prayed and prayed and nothing changed, he knows we will even possibly lash out at him for the despair we feel at the loss and our inability to change the outcome through prayer. God is pure love and he knows how we feel. We are here to get the lessons out of this life that we charted to experience and that is going to include death as the natural process of returning home. It only matters to us how the death occurred not to God because he is happy to have us home regardless of the process of the event. We are born to die, and it is what we add to this world and its inhabitant's while we are here that are left behind when we cross, no matter what the cause of our crossing home is.  Once you embrace the love of Mother God and Father God it will be easier to accept what is the inevitable. Trust that our most loving all knowing creator loves us and that Christ has our back and can be your soft place to fall and ask for clarity and resolve to get the lesson needed out of each and every life event including death. You can come to such a wonderful acceptance of birth, the life we will live to perfect for God and death the continuation of our life with God back home where we came from. Prayer is such a wonderful way to communicate with God however you have a direct line to him and can and should talk with him often. I hope this helps and I hope that you will continue to pray and speak with God often.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 9:25PM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Placing [COLOR="Red"]hang-ups[/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"]guilt trips[/COLOR] upon deities, just [COLOR="Red"]expands[/COLOR] disappointment!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 10:30PM #3
noseington
Prayer is just another letter to Santa; it is a win-win situation if prayers are "answered" it is proof prayer works. if prayers are not answered it is "God's will".
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 1:32AM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Wanting is a big mistake; give up wanting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2007 - 1:58AM #5
Stardove
IMO. Prayers are answered and sometimes the answer is no.

The night my first husband was killed in an auto collision, I knew it with ever fiber of my being. For two hours I prayed for him not to be dead. I even told God I could take care of a hurt man over and over, but please don't let him be dead. At around 4:00 AM the police came to tell me he was DOA.

Fast forward through the grief with all it's stages. I married a Vietnam Vet who did multiple tours over there. Talk about a wounded (hurt) man. God heard my prayers, and my husband isn't as wounded today as he was 29 years ago.

I believe that sometimes death is the ultimate healing for those that are going through dis-ease. I've been with friends and family as they crossed over and returned Home. It is birthing in reverse and when the spirit is ready they let go.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 3:30AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje
[QUOTE]I married a Vietnam Vet[/QUOTE]

I employ a member of the Communist Party of Vietnam.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 3:13PM #7
dlh3337@yahoo.com
I believe that God has a plan for each one of us and knows what we are in need of before we even ask. Sometimes we don't get the answers we want and have to realize that God is still in control and trust him to do what is best for us regardless of how we feel. We grow closer to him through our trials and suffering. He loves us and his will will be done in our lives whether we understand or not. We have to believe that we are all special and unique in his eyes and go through life as a journey through faith. Deb
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 3:39PM #8
VBallR
I agree with Stardove and dlh.  Praying to God is to get closer to him and develop an on-going relationship with him.  Ultimately, HIS will be done and we have to trust HIM.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 5:31PM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Talking to God is prayer--God talking to you is schizophrenia.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 5:37PM #10
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Talking to God is prayer--God talking to you is schizophrenia.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook