Switch to Forum Live View Gangster's Anonymous?
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 8:20PM #1
paradox47
Ok, not passing any judgement here.  whatever.
But check this one out. I will never cease to be amazed at the problems in the world that seem to be solved by "anonymous" related groups.  This one is for gansters.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/homicid … erspe.html

I guess you have to cut an paste unless Cherubino can make it "live".
Paradox.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:34PM #2
mikeincolorado
The idea is to change the thinking, and that's what the 12 steps seem to do to people...
Mike

"When I've learned enough to really live, I'll be old enough to die" - Johnny Cash
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 9:40AM #3
cherubino
paradox,

With this new software all you have to do is paste a URL into your post and it's automatically a hyperlink. Try clicking on the one you just posted and see what happens.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2007 - 10:28PM #4
paradox47
Thanks Cherubino.  I see now that it did work.  It just didn't appear to when I pasted it.  This site really has made some improvements.
Still not sure what I think about Gangsta's anonymous.  Not sure I'd like to run into their hard core 'nazis"!!   But whatever works.  The hard core AA guys were enough for me.  Ha.
Take care.
liking the new thing here alot...and guess what?  it keeps me coming back. 
paradox
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 4:13AM #5
proserpina
I *don't* like the new site.There is so much I don't understand, and it's more confusing, not less.
Maybe it's better for posting a link, but I dislike all the stupid pictures of members --as a matter of fact, I don't like any of it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 7:36PM #6
AKwinters
Gangsters Anonymous is hip. For any certain group of suffering individuals, it is important that they meet with others who fall into the same bracket. That was the idea behind AA, no? Working with another? The groups I don't really understand are the groups that don't rely on utter abstinence. OA? How does one abstain from eating? SA? How does one abstain from sex? Well, I mean beside virtuous little me, haha.:D

Proser,
This is B-net's way of getting with the times. I'm a member of 2 other boards, and when I got to the old discussion board at Bnet, while I thought the subject matter was interesting, the board features we're cumbersome. After a while though, I actually grew to like it over there. It was basic and to the point. But the growing need to conform with the new "Internet Way" is why they did this. It's an utter fad among the IT world. If anything, over time, you'll be a little more tech savy once you've gone through motions long enough over here.

The only bugging me is Cherub gets an Avatar, and I don't. I still can't get mine to work. But oh well, I'll take that up in my 4th step.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 9:04PM #7
cherubino
And I keep trying to disable mine and can't.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2007 - 6:03PM #8
jonesg
Theres a group in Boston called  Ex-murderers , they aren't listed though.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 8:11AM #9
proserpina
Thanks AK.Yes, I probably will get to learn more tech stuff.I just find it awfully hard to navigate, and the pictures and all that seem ..well..silly.
It seems more 'lala' now.But whatever, right.? Accept what I can't change and all that.
;-)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook