Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What time of day do you do yoga?
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2008 - 3:23PM #11
MatisyahuSk8er
I like to do it in the morning, on an empty stomach that way I can do rapid exhalation. I usually do it also before starting my martial arts practice.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 8:07PM #12
cswalters
I haven't done it recently, but I usually try to do at Night at least for 20 minutes.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2008 - 5:20PM #13
kismit
I prefer to do it in the evenings.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2009 - 12:14AM #14
Sampatrick

The ancient yogies in India says, "The best time to do yoga is early morning, Especially, practice  yoga at  sunrise time." Because morning sun rays have the healing power. Another think is that most yoga postures should be practiced in empty stomach. Since early morning the stomach is empty, it is convenient for the practice of yoga.

Sam

Yoga-Dhama.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2009 - 8:10PM #15
Patriciamccallum

I work at home so I do bit and pieces of yoga about 4 times a day!

patricia

www.tibetanlife.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 9:03AM #16
Mary Contrary

Whenever my son is asleep. That means two short segments, sometime after lunch and in the evening.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 9:13AM #17
Lovey-Dovey

Yes, I think the yogi's advice above is probably the best advise.....however I end up doing yoga in the evening as my day is winding down and so am I...and know what is most beneficial for me, is to do it any time I am able.

Attention all 30 year olds....start practicing yoga NOW and you will be one happy/healthy 50 year old!!!

Love, Peace and Wellness for all

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2009 - 11:23AM #18
Silverada

Oct 12, 2009 -- 9:13AM, Lovey-Dovey wrote:

Yes, I think the yogi's advice above is probably the best advise.....however I end up doing yoga in the evening as my day is winding down and so am I...and know what is most beneficial for me, is to do it any time I am able.

Attention all 30 year olds....start practicing yoga NOW and you will be one happy/healthy 50 year old!!!

Love, Peace and Wellness for all

Hi Lovey Doubey

I´ll do my yoga exercises three times a week, in the morning on my open terrace that look to my tiny garden, around 6AM. I Started yoga in my late 50ths 10 years ago.  I used to exercise before, doing static bycicle and others gym exercises machines, but yoga is something else, after you do it for a while you feel you don´t have a body,,  You know is in there but you don´t feel it.  Nothing hurt, my every year health  checkouts   look perfectly  fine, not cholestorol, no hight pressure, not diabetes, and mentally and spiritually I feel well balance.

I Am very sorry I did not start yoga imuch younger because I can´t now  do extreme yoga exercises, but just with what I can do, the results I have are amazing.   I think is never  to late to start doing yoga..

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2009 - 5:57PM #19
AnonymousCatholic

80 minutes, twice a week, yoga class at my school.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2010 - 9:28AM #20
Lisa

Personally, I do yoga at 11 in the morning.  Mostly because that's when the class is.  Smile

But I have noticed, the more "awake" I am (yes, I am not a morning person) the "better" the session is.  I kind of want to try it earlier though, just to see how it would go.

Lisa

Yoga Thailand

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook