Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What time of day do you do yoga?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 10:34PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you feel is the best time of day to do yoga?
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 3:14PM #2
Shihulud
I do about 10 minutes in the morning with my son (he's 3), and then I do about 20 minutes by myself in the evening.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 5:24PM #3
Maireaine
I love to begin and end my day with yoga.  Ideally, I do some energizing poses first thing in the morning (to help me fight the temptation to go back to bed, lol) and then some calming/relaxing poses in the evening.  I wish I could get myself out of bed to do yoga while the sun rises, but it's so early!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 9:04PM #4
milk_of_amnesia
Post 3: I wish I could get myself out of bed to do yoga while the sun rises, but it's so early!

[SIZE=3]I get up at 5:00 am to do yoga and meditation before going to work. In the summertime the sun is already beginning to rise, but now it starts out pitch black and then the sun rises as my yoga session progresses. No one else is up and it is incredibly peaceful and quiet. Doing yoga first thing in the morning prevents me from procrastinating with my practice and ensures that my day at work always starts off on a positive note - though it doesn
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 12:35AM #5
Maireaine
There was a time when I could get up early...that time was before I got married, lol.  I love to go to bed early and get up early, but my husband is such a night owl.  I've gotten used to staying up late with him.  I think I'm about ready to stop that and go back to my early to bed/early to rise habits.  My days always seemed to go much better!  I admire you for getting up at 5:00 a.m. 

That's it.  You have inspired me to get up 20 minutes earlier each week until I'm getting up!  Thanks!  :-D
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 9:16AM #6
Shihulud
I can barely walk until after I do at least a sun salutation in the morning. My legs are all stiff and cracky when I get out of bed. Then after yoga I feel 100% better. I often wonder if I would go all day feelign miserable without it.
I was reading in this yoga book that you don't make a decision every day to get up and do yoga, you make ONE decision to do it every day. That's what I did, so I just get  up and do it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2007 - 12:41AM #7
Maireaine
Yesterday and today I got out of bed and did some Sun Salutations and then a short sequence for my back.  I definitely noticed that I didn't get as tired in the afternoon and my back and hips didn't ache so much!  Even more motivation to just get up and do it!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2007 - 7:35PM #8
KARD9000
[QUOTE=Shihulud;56179]I can barely walk until after I do at least a sun salutation in the morning. My legs are all stiff and cracky when I get out of bed. Then after yoga I feel 100% better. I often wonder if I would go all day feelign miserable without it.
I was reading in this yoga book that you don't make a decision every day to get up and do yoga, you make ONE decision to do it every day. That's what I did, so I just get  up and do it.[/QUOTE]

Shihulud, 

I can relate to your post.  I have a real problem with extreme joint stiffness in the morning.  Stairs can be difficult. 

I stopped in here because my yoga practice is really suffering right now and I was looking for motivation.  The part about making one decision to do it every day has inspired me, thank you. 

Yoga - tomorrow.  :)  Then maybe back to the gym....:o

btw:  hi to all!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2007 - 9:02AM #9
Discodumpling
I would do it all day everyday if I could!
I attend classes 3 evenings per week at my local ashram but I tape every episode of INHALE just so I can have yoga at my disposal!

I also have exercise tv on demand and they have some pretty cool yoga programs that keep me limber and my 3 yr old occupied...he's too cute and is learning the names of new poses daily.

When i'm in the office I often step away from my desk for a stretch or pose here and there....I do what it takes to stay peaceful throughout the day.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2007 - 9:19PM #10
change
I go to yoga classes only once a week but I love it! I feel so peaceful when I am done. I hope to start teacher training next fall. I am 50 and I really feel like I could help seniors do yoga. I try to do yoga each evening, it relaxes me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook