7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 1:29PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
Welcome. Please tell us about yourself.
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 1:54PM #2
qtbabe
Hi,

I'm 36 female, 105lbs and 5ft. I go to the gym everyday, 2hr/day.  I do 1hr on the treadmill and 1hr on weight lift.  I don't like dieting.  I eat almost everything that I like, and I don't like sodas or snack or junk foods.  I like dinner and main course.  I want to loose 5lbs.  But whatever I do...I never get there......any advice to loose this 5 stubborned weight??? well, I refused to be on diet! :)

Cheers!
QT:)
P.S Any runners here???
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 4:48AM #3
dentroilcuore
Hi,

I'm actually just getting back into yoga . . . and to be honest, when I first got introduced to yoga years ago, it was merely for fulfilling a requirement for theatre movement.  A few months ago, I decided to reintroduce the practice back into my routine and in consciously choosing to go back to square one, I enrolled in a basic Hatha Yoga Class where I'm properly learning the philosophy and history of the practice.  Eight weeks today, I am appreciating  my slow yet apparent progression towards flexibility and over all mental clarity.  Anyway, I didn't want to over-exert my body, so I'm hoping that come month's end, I can start attending more classes and perhaps re-introduce a pilates mat class in conjunction to yoga.  I think the hardest part is actually getting over my sometimes lazy tendencies, and making it to class on a more regular basis.  And my goal is to be motivated enough to start practicing at home every morning, even if it's just the doing a series of sun salutes.  Btw, during a conversation with a friend, he started talking about a set of "Tibetan Exercises" where some poses are similar to yoga.  Is anyone else on here familiar with this? 

Well, I look forward to future discussions and reading inspiring stories from you folks.

Ciao . . .
<3 Dentro <3
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 2:47PM #4
Bailey5963
Hello, I have done yoga in the past, and would like to start again.  Suggestions on finding safe groups in Northern California.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 9:18PM #5
milk_of_amnesia
Hello Bailey5963,

Try looking through Yoga Journal's Yoga Directory.

Hopefully, you will be able to find something close by.

Regards,

moa
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2008 - 8:02AM #6
marap
Hatha Yoga (the form of Hinduism/Yoga you mean here) is truly profound. Like all the Hindu/Yogas, Hatha Yoga is a great tool for harmonizing body, mind, emotions to ultimately get in touch with the Atmana (Soul). Of course, Atmana Darsana (Spiritual-Insight) is the goal of all forms of Yoga; i.e., "to yoke Atmana and Brahaman." It is nice to see so many people appreciating the Hindu/Yogic religion.

Swami Param
Classical Yoga Hindu Academy
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 11:53AM #7
forMel
Hello.

I have never attended a yoga class but I have done yoga dvds.  I felt good when I did yoga  so I would like to introduce yoga back  into my life...the only yog dvd I have with me is from beachbody's power90x exercise dvds...I will be going to the local library later this afternoon to check out a yoga book(if they have any)  Our library is small.

I would appreciate any suggestions...thanks.

have a great day!!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook