Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Thank you for the thorns
7 years ago  ::  Jul 31, 2010 - 5:23PM #1
Stardove

I believe most people will say thank you for the roses, but how many remember to say thank you for the thorns?  To me the thorns are the challenges we face sometimes on a daily basis.  I've learned some of my biggest thorns did happen for a reason.  Peace.

From my journal titled:  Thank you for the thorns

My God I  have never thanked you for my thorns.  I have thanked you a thousand  time for my roses, but never once for my thorns.  Teach me the glory of  the cross I bear, teach me the value of my thorns.  Show me that I have  climbed closer to you along the path of pain.  Show me that through the  tears, the colors of Your rainbow look much more brilliant.  I praise  you for the roses and thank you for the thorns.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2011 - 5:06PM #2
Stardove

Feb 18, 2011 -- 4:39PM, Uneva wrote:

I am so grateful...for the rough, naive, isolated childhood I had, that has taught me, as an adult, to find something worthwhile to stand for, and the strength to do so; for the sexual assaults I experienced, the recovery from which has taught me self-respect and a deep empathy for others in pain; for the few months I spent mingling with the homeless, that taught me that they, too have deep emotions, dignity and self-respect...as real as anyone else's, with dreams that only need a touch of sincere humanity to become reality; for the facial disfigurement I achieved at the hand of brutality, that has taught me that true beauty really is much deeper than skin deep...that true friends can easily find and appreciate that inner beauty, and that true happiness can be achieved when I look beyond the mirror each day, and smile at the invisible me...the me that sometimes takes a reminding moment, of all my bounteous blessings and wonderful friends, to be seen and appreciated; for the love and Atonement of my beloved Savior, who feels my every pain, be they emotional or physical, who lifts my burdens and is more than ready to instantly forgive every sin I sincerely repent of.  I'm grateful for His loving patience and guidance.

Thanks for sharing a part of you here.  Sending blessings your way.

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 4:02PM #3
Dunamus3

Hello, stardove.  first time meeting you.  Interesting topic.  For me, my every thorn ( and they have been many) has served as a trial of my faith.  It took me awhile to get here.  However I can truthfully stand and say:  "...I thank God for the mountains, and I thank God for the valleys, and I thank Him for the roads He brought me through...if I never had a problem, I'd never know that God could solve them, and what trusting in His Word could do..." Moreover, I am most grateful for all the doors that have been opened on my behalf, and certainly thankful for those that have been closed...

Nice leaving my impressions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 4:12PM #4
Stardove

Apr 22, 2011 -- 4:02PM, Dunamus3 wrote:

Hello, stardove.  first time meeting you.  Interesting topic.  For me, my every thorn ( and they have been many) has served as a trial of my faith.  It took me awhile to get here.  However I can truthfully stand and say:  "...I thank God for the mountains, and I thank God for the valleys, and I thank Him for the roads He brought me through...if I never had a problem, I'd never know that God could solve them, and what trusting in His Word could do..." Moreover, I am most grateful for all the doors that have been opened on my behalf, and certainly thankful for those that have been closed...

Nice leaving my impressions.

Dunamus,

Thanks for posting.  I do believe with each challenge we face and overcome our spirits get stronger.  Without pain and sorrow how could we know peace and joy? 

In the mist of a storm we cannot see how anything good can come of it, but given time we can have that aha moment.  Wishing you a blessed Good Friday.

---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2013 - 6:38PM #5
GraceCalls

The thorns that we face can feel so HARD at times, but no matter what happens we have to remember that God has a plan. God knows what He has called us to do, and He knows what we need to ready us for that calling. His way is the best way.

Moderated by Stardove on Oct 17, 2013 - 06:54PM
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook