Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What's your favorite calming music?
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 12:54PM #1
BeliefnetLilit
Music can touch the soul and help calm us down. What is your favorite calming music?

I really like Gillian Welch, which I was just listening to last night.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2008 - 7:19PM #2
RooRoo
Enya is good to play when I am stressed out. I used to put my neice to sleep to "The Memory of Trees"  cd when she was a baby.
The Roo just hopped in to say " Have a very blessed day!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 4:47PM #3
taniamorse85
I guess you could say I'm weird when it comes to music that calms me.  Slower, quieter music actually irritates me.  When I need to calm down, I prefer loud, pounding music, especially Christian metal.  Christian punk, emo, and hip hop also work.  When I get a bad headache, for example, I usually listen to Demon Hunter's 'Storm the Gates of Hell.'  The title track is especially effective.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 4:47PM #4
taniamorse85
I guess you could say I'm weird when it comes to music that calms me.  Slower, quieter music actually irritates me.  When I need to calm down, I prefer loud, pounding music, especially Christian metal.  Christian punk, emo, and hip hop also work.  When I get a bad headache, for example, I usually listen to Demon Hunter's 'Storm the Gates of Hell.'  The title track is especially effective.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2008 - 9:13AM #5
Nitebug
Mine would be meditative and spaced out music. New Age and World music on a meditative level also is calming.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 11:55AM #6
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=Nitebug;821852]Mine would be meditative and spaced out music. New Age and World music on a meditative level also is calming.[/QUOTE]
Nightbug:
If you have cable then check out the "Music Choice channels~ check out Soundscapes" it's soft calming
music just right for falling asleep to and mediating to" I leave my tv set turned on to this channel at
night as it helps lull me to sleep. try it out and see what it does for you!!
Most of the things played are instrumentals,flutes soft gutiars,~ you'll like it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2008 - 2:23PM #7
omahamad
Listening to James Taylor and Gordon Lightfoot ballads relax me.  I also enjoy Enya, although some of her melodies make me cry!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2008 - 10:42PM #8
jimmoeller
I would suggest anyone looking for relaxation music to go to www.serenitymusic.com  Not only is it calming, but melodic and enjoyable as well.  You can play parts of every song from every album so one gets a real flavor.  Give it a try, I know you will like it.  Blessings, Jim Moeller, Serenity Founder
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 1:38PM #9
jadedbutterfly55
Enya  or kenny g,,, for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2008 - 6:53PM #10
kurthowl
I use music, natural sounds, and visuals to calm and relax.  I find it reduces stress and lowers my blood pressure.

Here is a site that has some great DVD's to relax with.

http://www.relaxingdvd.com/
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook