Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Your Personal "Bucket List"
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 10:51AM #1
Beliefnet_inspiration
Inspired by the new movie, "The Bucket List," where two terminally ill friends create a list of things they want to do before they die (or rather, "kick the bucket), what things would you like to do before you die?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 10:07AM #2
mom2-4Angels
This is a morbid question, but in a good way...I think we should all have bucket lists...lately I have been thinking about things I need to do rather than I want to do before I die..I don't know why that is, maybe a bad omen...or just that I'm getting up there in age and need to put things in order..

anyway, some things I would love to do before I die is..

work in an Ice cream factory..always been my fantasy job to be the one who gets to be in a room full of different buckets of ice cream and taste each one to make sure they are good for the consumers.

Visit Eygpt..I love that place and hope to one day get there..(the only way now is through the Travel Channel)

Sky dive and bungee jump....what would I have to loose if I knew I was going to die anyway..if I didn't make it, it would save me from worrying about how long I had to live.

go to amusement park and actually ride the big scary rides, instead of being a spectator..again, it would save me from worrying about when I was going to die if I got thrown off the roller coaster, wouldn't have to worry bout it.

let someone put a snake around my neck...I have a huge fear of snakes, though I actually touched one real quick, but didn't have the courage to have it on my neck, so yea, to have an Albino Boa sitting pretty on my neck would be something I would do.

and most importantly....to leave my children the knowledge that I loved them very much and will continue to love them on the other side.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 10:41AM #3
VBallR
I would want to spend lots of time with my family mainly.  One thing would be to play the Pebble Beach Golf Course.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 6:03PM #4
savedbygrace
The only thing that I want to do before I die is to speak to my youngest son.  14 yrs ago when he was 21, I saw him for the last time.  In May of 1997, I spoke to him for the last time.  I do not know what happened that he stopped communicating with his family and school friends.  I have never given up looking for him.  On January 25, 2007, I finally found him but he was stationed in Iraq.  I have written to him but have heard nothing back.  On Jan. 28, he will be 35 yrs old.  If anyone out there is in a situation like this, I would like to talk to you and find out how you handle the sadness and feeling of abandonment.  Also, if any of you, reading this, knows a Sgt. James A. Blyler of Fairbanks, AK. please tell him that his mother loves him and misses him.  I would just like to know WHY!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 10:27PM #5
violetw
[QUOTE=savedbygrace;227814]The only thing that I want to do before I die is to speak to my youngest son.  14 yrs ago when he was 21, I saw him for the last time.  In May of 1997, I spoke to him for the last time.  I do not know what happened that he stopped communicating with his family and school friends.  I have never given up looking for him.  On January 25, 2007, I finally found him but he was stationed in Iraq.  I have written to him but have heard nothing back.  On Jan. 28, he will be 35 yrs old.  If anyone out there is in a situation like this, I would like to talk to you and find out how you handle the sadness and feeling of abandonment.  Also, if any of you, reading this, knows a Sgt. James A. Blyler of Fairbanks, AK. please tell him that his mother loves him and misses him.  I would just like to know WHY!![/QUOTE]
I feel for you . I hope you find peace with your situation! i will see my three girls tommorow after work, for the first time in two years. I am so very scared & excited all at the same time. Good luck your in my prayers tonight.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 11:15AM #6
goldenprosperity
Stuff To Do Before I Croak….

1 Stop Smoking
2 Eat Right
3 Cut Refined Sugar
4 Refine 4450 Deer Park
5 Earn A Clear Million
6 Exercise
7 Travel Light
8 Meditate
9 Read
10 Write A Book
11 Be Emotional
12 Make A Friend
13 Plan Ahead
14 Maintain Mechanical Machine
15 Take Long Walks
16 Assert Your Self
17 Walk Away
18 Climb High
19 Do The Big Wood (Fallen Trees)
20 Tell Stories
21 Grow A Garden
22 List Herbs Used With Its Reason
23 List Minerals Used With Its Reason
24 Tell Someone About Your Pleasures
25 Tell About Your Joys
26 Tell About Your Sorrows
27 Tell How You Would Wish it To Be
28 Tell Your Favorite Dreams
29 Tell Your Worst Dreams
30 Determine Your Strengths
31 Determine Your “Work At It” Points
32 Write About An Emotional Experience
33 Give Myself To A Nearby Person (Who Ever)
34 Really Pray
35 Be In Love
36 Give Gifts To Pleasure Everyone
37 Receive Gifts of Presence with Gratitude
38 Be There For Some One With-Out When Needed
39 Determine Your Greatest Need
40 Determine Why You Most Need To Be Needed

Who do I think I Am?
http://www.squidoo.com/goldenprosperity
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 2:42PM #7
iamgnostic1
One thing I would like to do is have an OBE. =)  I know when I die I will have a fabulous one, but I would love to have one now and tell people about it. Maybe it would help some of them to be not afraid of dying.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2008 - 7:06PM #8
LovingNeil
[QUOTE=Beliefnet_Inspiration;215036]Inspired by the new movie, "The Bucket List," where two terminally ill friends create a list of things they want to do before they die (or rather, "kick the bucket), what things would you like to do before you die?[/QUOTE]

Well i have many things i want to do before i die, but the here are my top ten.

1. Help my husband connect with God.
2. Have a baby.
3. Help mom to stop drinking and blaming me for everything.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2008 - 11:34AM #9
Beliefnet_inspiration
In no particular order, here are some of the things I'd like to do before I die:

1. Get married
2. Have a child--or two
3. Own property
4. Get my drivers license (don't make fun. I'm a New Yorker)
5. Drive across the country
6. Travel more (esp. Ireland, Spain, Scotland, Brazil, Australia and Italy)
7. See Led Zeppelin in concert (I can cross my fingers)
8. Form/join a rock band and play a live show
9. Get a mention on Page Six of the New York Post
10. Write a book
11. Learn to sew on a sewing machine
12. Learn to knit
13. Go camping (in a tent)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2008 - 3:08PM #10
giraffelover
My "Bucket List" kind of coincides with "If I Won the Lottery List"......... 

Buy a house in CA (winter house)
Buy a house in NY (summer house)
Travel to England, Paris, Italy, Israel & Memphis (gotta see Graceland)
Divorce my Husband
Be Happy
See the Rolling Stones (would have liked to see the Beatles, but you know that will never happen!!)
Lose 50 pounds and actually do it and keep it off
Run a 5K (or at least walk it in less then one hour!)
Get in touch with all my friends (that I liked, of course)  from the past that I haven't seen in years
Make sure my son knows, no matter what happens I love him the most
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook