Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Jesus In The Clouds
10 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 8:30AM #1
mom2-4Angels
When I tell people of my story about seeing the formation of Jesus in the clouds, I do get some strange looks, as if I just got out of the funny farm, however, by the time I finish telling my story, they don't think I'm crazy after all.

When I was a teen I got a job at a local store. I was very in-experienced and soon I was let go of my job. Feeling more than low I walked home. I remember laying on my bed feeling awful about myself, self-loathing, my mind was racing with all kinds of stupid thoughts like.."If I died, no one would care", "I'm so stupid"..all that happy hoopla. I pushed my face into my pillow and wallow in self pity, and sobbing at the thought of how worthless I was feeling, then I began praying, and like so many other times I asked God to just give me a little sign, nothing big, just something that would help me to understand that he was indeed listening to me.  As I finsihed praying and pouring my heart out in my prayers to God the thought "look out your window" came to my mind, so I did just that, I looked out my window, but didn't see anything except houses and trees and thought.."this is stupid", then another thought entered my weary brain.."look to the sky", I looked up at the sky and to my amazement there it was..Jesus..yes, Jesus in the form of a cloud. It was so clear to me. the clouds formed just the right way to allow me to see the full length of Jesus though it was just an outline, but I could tell the way the clouds where that it was him, his arms out stretched to me. A true sense of peace came to me at that moment, and my mind that was weary was no more.  Instead of tears, they were replaced with a smile and I thanked God at that moment for giving me validation that he was with me.

I asked God in my prayers to please let me find another job and 1 week later I was working at an ice cream shop and stayed there 3 years.

When life knocks you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2008 - 5:37PM #2
46Holly
[QUOTE=mom2-4Angels;180734]When I tell people of my story about seeing the formation of Jesus in the clouds, I do get some strange looks, as if I just got out of the funny farm, however, by the time I finish telling my story, they don't think I'm crazy after all.

When I was a teen I got a job at a local store. I was very in-experienced and soon I was let go of my job. Feeling more than low I walked home. I remember laying on my bed feeling awful about myself, self-loathing, my mind was racing with all kinds of stupid thoughts like.."If I died, no one would care", "I'm so stupid"..all that happy hoopla. I pushed my face into my pillow and wallow in self pity, and sobbing at the thought of how worthless I was feeling, then I began praying, and like so many other times I asked God to just give me a little sign, nothing big, just something that would help me to understand that he was indeed listening to me.  As I finsihed praying and pouring my heart out in my prayers to God the thought "look out your window" came to my mind, so I did just that, I looked out my window, but didn't see anything except houses and trees and thought.."this is stupid", then another thought entered my weary brain.."look to the sky", I looked up at the sky and to my amazement there it was..Jesus..yes, Jesus in the form of a cloud. It was so clear to me. the clouds formed just the right way to allow me to see the full length of Jesus though it was just an outline, but I could tell the way the clouds where that it was him, his arms out stretched to me. A true sense of peace came to me at that moment, and my mind that was weary was no more.  Instead of tears, they were replaced with a smile and I thanked God at that moment for giving me validation that he was with me.

I asked God in my prayers to please let me find another job and 1 week later I was working at an ice cream shop and stayed there 3 years.

When life knocks you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray![/QUOTE]
Interesting experience, and scriptural, to an extent.  If you look in the Word of God you will learn that Jesus indeed rides upon the clouds!  Psalm 103:4 says that He (Jesus) makes the cloud His Chariots.  He indeed rides upon the clouds.  What is even cooler is that His Angels accompany Him on clouds, as well.  They follow Him in a procession.  Best of all, the Bible declares that we are seated with Christ in Heavenly Places.  Guess what?  In heavenly places there are no chairs to sit on.  Instead, there are clouds!  Far fetched?  Absolutely!  The Things of the Spirit of God are foolishness to them that don't believe and yet they inspire awe and spiritual hunger in both believers and non believers alike.

Remember, our hope is in the Living God and ironically, He tells us in His Word that He when He returns, it will be in the clouds and we will be sucked up and meet Him in the Air.  This isn't a warm fuzzy or a fancy tickler;  this is The Word of God.

"Behold Him that rideth upon a swift cloud" - Isaiah 19:1

The clouds are indeed Jesus' chariot/vehicle and we are Risen with Him and Seated in Heavenly places with Him.  This is a positional, Biblical reality.  It is no accident or fluke that this happened to you.  The Son of Man is touched with the feeling of our infirmities and He loves to reveal Himself to a person in need.  He is the God of great Mercy and Compassion.  Good for you for sharing your story.  Study the book of Colossians and chapters one and three of the Book of Ephesians.  They should take on new and  inspired significance for you.  When we learn that these are positional truths and not simply words on a page, your spirit will be quickened and your faith will come alive!

God Bless You

46Holly
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 12:54AM #3
singspraise
that is so baeutiful. that blessed me just now i was feeling down so thank you for sharing!
"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"
-Mahatma Ghandi
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 2:58AM #4
yellowstone_rattler
What an amazing story!! how inspirational!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 8:55AM #5
coyotl
mom 2-4Angels: I read your story with great sympathy as I have had many jobs! :^)

I've had the same driving job for some years  and I also write fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. I was working on an essay examining  the possibility of belief in a higher power which does not actually conflict with science when the company car I was driving overheated. The best place to pull over turned out to be a fairly empty church parking lot. Waiting for the car to cool off I got out and noticed 3 bells on top of the church. Thinking I heard my dispatcher calling me on the radio, I walked back toward the open driver's side window to hear better, saying aloud to myself: "Are you calling me?" In that instant the bells I had noticed began to ring. They were tolling the hour but I laughed a bit and found the timing interesting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 11:55AM #6
mycheleb12
I would never think that sounds crazy. I have seen things myself that nobody would ever believe if I told them. Thats so cool! Thanks for sharing. I love to hear stories like this one.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 27, 2008 - 1:46AM #7
Arrik
Amazing.
You have my prayers.
Though i know not your name! God will know precisely who I am talking about!!

Keep in the faith, God inspires me. Our God :)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook