Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hope During Tough Times
6 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 12:37PM #1
Beliefnet_inspiration
Where do you find hope and encouragement during tough times?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 6:44PM #2
Shaner
Talking to God in prayer.....not necessarily formal prayer, but pouring my feelings out to Him.  My family, a couple of close friends. 
That always help's to look at the glass half-full again, ;0)
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 11:16PM #3
taffy14
Hope, Without Hope You Have Nothing To Grasp Onto To Hold.which Brings Me To Faith!!! They Go Hand In Hand . Without Hope You Have Nothing And Without Faith You Have Nothing > Hope Is When You Can Always Hope That Something Is Going To Be Ok Or That What You Want You May Be At Least Able To Get  It!!!i Hope I Get That Job, I Hope That I Get That House. Without Hope You Have Nothing !! So There Is Always Hope !!! Faith Is Different , If You Have Faith, You Know Then What To Expect. Because You Believe In God, In The Bible It"s Says If You Have Faith As Much As A Mustard Seed For God's Guidance You Have Faith And All Things Will Follow Suit! But Personally, I Have Faith That God Can Move Mountains And Divide Oceans! He Can Put One House On Top Of Another House!so, In Our Hard Times Of Life You Have To Believe That In Time And Only In God"s Time And Only If It Is Meant To Be And Only In God"s Eyes Will It Be!!!! So, Pray And Know That" This Too Shall Pass" And Only When It Is Time!so Just Know That Things Will Change Maybe Not The Way You Want Them To. But Only God Knows What We Need And When We Need It. Be Positive As Much As You Can And Don"t Forget To Have Faith And Hope! !most Importantly, Thank God For The Blessings That You Do Have!!! Think Of Anything That Is Good Such As  Having Water To Drink, Food, Clothes And A Good Friend!    I Hope Whomever Reads This It May Help. That Is A Blessing Within  It"s Self!!   So Smile,give Love, Be Positive , Have Hope, Have Faith!    Taffy14
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 9:05AM #4
vipfae
I am devastated. My beloved partner of thirty years suddenly died of cancer.We were so happy, together all the time. I dont know how I can enjoy my days without him.We loved our home and our life and had little need for anyone or anything else. So I have few people to turn to. Thank God I have a sister who is living with me at this difficult time.I fear when she has to leave and I must face the world alone.Because I have discovered people are a help to me, I seek to make contact with others that may offer words that give comfort or provide distraction from the pain.I have received an invitation to go on a cruise.It is the identical cruise I have been on with him.But I shall go in the hope that to be amongst people will help.....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 12:30PM #5
VBallR
Oh vipfae, I am so sorry for your loss.  My father-in-law lost his companion of 18 years last month.  He misses her terribly.  We are all visiting with him a lot, having him over for dinner, taking him to Jon's (SIL) basketball games that he coaches.

Just take it one day at a time and try to stay busy.  Just being with other people will be a blessing to you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 1:00PM #6
Shaner
Hello vipfae,

I'm also very sorry about your loss and I know you're in grief and heartbroken.  I'm happy to read that your sister is there for and with you and I think its a wonderful idea to take that Cruise.

You might also check out the Grief and Support Forums here on Beliefnet, I know you'll find the support of those who have also lost their life partner.

God bless you,
Sandy
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 4:34PM #7
amandalouise
[QUOTE=Beliefnet_Inspiration;181295]Where do you find hope and encouragement during tough times?[/QUOTE]
how do you do that?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 4:53AM #8
donnadonathan
perfect, I'd say that you hit it right on the head.  Thanks, dona
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 2:04PM #9
nikkilea
The last few months I have been doing a lot of self evaluations.  The main thing I have come to realize is that, I am not the person I want to be or the person I thought I would be.  I have caused a lot of struggle in my life because of not being honest with myelf and others. I have a horribly low self esteme and  though I would like more than anything to change thes things about myself, I find myself resissting the changes. Mostly because I am scared no matter what I will fail.
I want to go back to school and because I don't know what I want to go back to school for,  I find myself making reasons not to go.  I am beyond disappointed in myself.  I am pushing those that love me away because of my inability to love myself or accept the love that others offer.  I am lost and praying and hoping for God's guidence, for willingness to let him take over.
Does anyone else have these issues? Or has anyone over come them?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 4:26AM #10
vipfae
I want to thank so very much the kind messages I received.It was just an idea to join this forum & I received what I hoped for.This was really nice.I was feeling so alone in my sufferring so when people reach out & show to care, it truly helps.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook