Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Hope During Tough Times
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 2:42PM #11
stardustiam
Dear Vipfae, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  He is in God's loving hands now.  I know it's not the same but I lost my dear Mom in June.  So I can empathize in a way.  You have received some loving advice.  The people here on Bnet are so genuinely caring. 

During tough times when hope is nowhere to be found, I have to take myself out of the picture and let God be in charge.  God really IS in charge, by my trying to control everything can take me down the dark winding road.  When I hit the bottom, I can only look up--to God.  I give up my control and hope enters the picture by the Grace of God.  When I have trust in God, I am truly blessed.  I just need to let go of my control freak behavior.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 2:42PM #12
stardustiam
Dear Vipfae, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  He is in God's loving hands now.  I know it's not the same but I lost my dear Mom in June.  So I can empathize in a way.  You have received some loving advice.  The people here on Bnet are so genuinely caring. 

During tough times when hope is nowhere to be found, I have to take myself out of the picture and let God be in charge.  God really IS in charge, by my trying to control everything can take me down the dark winding road.  When I hit the bottom, I can only look up--to God.  I give up my control and hope enters the picture by the Grace of God.  When I have trust in God, I am truly blessed.  I just need to let go of my control freak behavior.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2008 - 10:37AM #13
VBallR
I agree with you Star.  That reminds me of a saying that I like:

If God is your co-pilot, you are in the wrong seat.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 10:46PM #14
joyinhim
Self evaluation is a good thing if it  leads to some conclusions and then finding the remedies for whatever it is you found out.  Looking inward is not an easy thing to do, if we are honest with ourselves.  But now that you have done that, you have options about what to do.  You can step up and change whatever it is that needs changing.  This is a choice in life that we all have.  Make choices, that is something that we do every day... but now make the choices that will bring about the changes you need to make.  The Bible is a good place to go to find out thngs about yourselv and your world, and a place to find the courage to make those changes and those new choices.   
Go to school!  I am 60 years old and I am taking a course in Medical transcription.... hard YES!!!   Scared stiff I might fail????? YOU BETCHYA!!!  Will I quit?????  NOT A CHANCE!  It is a new way to do things.  An adventure,,,, breaking the monotony of the every day.... making new choices and definetly  making changes.

Step out of the box and take a chance... the change will do you good.  Breath in the air of change.. fresh, alive... and exciting!!!!  Good luck... pray hard and get ready, get set,,,,, GO!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2008 - 10:46PM #15
joyinhim
Self evaluation is a good thing if it  leads to some conclusions and then finding the remedies for whatever it is you found out.  Looking inward is not an easy thing to do, if we are honest with ourselves.  But now that you have done that, you have options about what to do.  You can step up and change whatever it is that needs changing.  This is a choice in life that we all have.  Make choices, that is something that we do every day... but now make the choices that will bring about the changes you need to make.  The Bible is a good place to go to find out thngs about yourselv and your world, and a place to find the courage to make those changes and those new choices.   
Go to school!  I am 60 years old and I am taking a course in Medical transcription.... hard YES!!!   Scared stiff I might fail????? YOU BETCHYA!!!  Will I quit?????  NOT A CHANCE!  It is a new way to do things.  An adventure,,,, breaking the monotony of the every day.... making new choices and definetly  making changes.

Step out of the box and take a chance... the change will do you good.  Breath in the air of change.. fresh, alive... and exciting!!!!  Good luck... pray hard and get ready, get set,,,,, GO!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 8:23AM #16
Intune
Some times we need to reach out to others that are uplifting. Just like we're doing right now. It's up to you to absorb any positive energy offered to you. Having done that you have to look within yourself for hope and encouragement. Others can only offer them, and your the only one that can accept them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 07, 2009 - 9:38AM #17
arthurlandry

I read history like crazy, Geo Washington, Ben Franklin, Adams, Lincoln,Frederick douglass, S. Grant, Eisenhower, Teddy Roosevelt and many many others.  They have all fought through what we are going through but in a different manifestation and time.  They also have many stories related to them of peers who sucumbed to the trials of the world and their sad fates.  It does inspire me and keep me going.  Also when I read of all the common men who went to war in rain, snow, and died with no remembrance I realize why I have to keep moving forward. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2009 - 3:46AM #18
zippyrg206

Im so lost. If this isnt the proper forum, please redirect me. I try to have hope with every new thing I learn about God's ways. I am aware of how by surviving trials, we build character. My question is : What lessons am I supposed to learn by being punished criminally for something I didnt do? It was like a dream when I had to pay fines and attend classes without a fair trial. Here it is 10 months later and I still have 35 days of probation to go. Honestly the only things I have learned is how to be cynical and untrusting. These are not character building attributes. Any other ways of looking at my situation that I am unable to come up with on my own?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook