Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 5:57PM #1
Beliefnet_inspiration
When was the most liberating moment of your life?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 5:58PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess
[QUOTE=Beliefnet_Inspiration;66502]When was the most liberating moment of your life?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"]A lot of people aren't going to like it, but it was the day I realized I didn't have to be a Christian.[/COLOR]
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 5:57PM #3
Beliefnet_inspiration
When was the most liberating moment of your life?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 5:58PM #4
Sacrificialgoddess
[QUOTE=Beliefnet_Inspiration;66502]When was the most liberating moment of your life?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"]A lot of people aren't going to like it, but it was the day I realized I didn't have to be a Christian.[/COLOR]
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:37PM #5
I_Stand_Unabashed
[QUOTE=sacrificialgoddess;66507][COLOR="Black"]A lot of people aren't going to like it, but it was the day I realized I didn't have to be a Christian.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

LOL, from a Christian, I congratulate you. And I concur. Because you don't have to be. The Bible doesn't say that, though people will try to take this verse or that to justify them.

I think God just wants us to be happy, kind to others, and kind to this planet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:39PM #6
I_Stand_Unabashed
My most liberating moment? Hmmm...I think it was the moment when I realized that my past didn't define me, and that what I did didn't necessarily have to color my future. I had learned to forgive myself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:37PM #7
I_Stand_Unabashed
[QUOTE=sacrificialgoddess;66507][COLOR="Black"]A lot of people aren't going to like it, but it was the day I realized I didn't have to be a Christian.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

LOL, from a Christian, I congratulate you. And I concur. Because you don't have to be. The Bible doesn't say that, though people will try to take this verse or that to justify them.

I think God just wants us to be happy, kind to others, and kind to this planet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2007 - 3:39PM #8
I_Stand_Unabashed
My most liberating moment? Hmmm...I think it was the moment when I realized that my past didn't define me, and that what I did didn't necessarily have to color my future. I had learned to forgive myself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2007 - 2:22PM #9
Shaner
One of the most liberating times of my life was graduating from High School.....I attended an all girls Catholic one.

Nothing wrong with that of course, BUT we had to wear Uniforms and after 5 yrs. of wearing one 5 days a week, when I graduated I burnt it in our Fireplace, LOL!!

Ahhh, that was liberating, :)
"Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the Words of Eternal Life"
"Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2007 - 11:47PM #10
EmeraldGuardian
That's a tough one. I've gotta say, the most liberating moment(s) for me are probably when I discover passages in religious studies that encourage liberation. Especially those spoken by Jesus that so many Christians seem to cover up. It feels very liberating realizing that the divine accepts you no matter what your preference, and that responsibility in moral and spiritual affairs is what matters.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook