Page 1 of 18  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Your Favorite Quote
7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 7:03PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What is your favorite inspirational quote?
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2007 - 10:54AM #2
Sacrificialgoddess
Now that is a dangerous question! 

Hee!  My true favorite quote would likely get me kicked off beliefnet permanently, so if someone wants it, they will have to e-mail me.

But I do like:

Human beings, who are almost unique in
having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable
for their apparent disinclination to do
so.
-- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001),
"Last Chance to See"
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 9:49PM #3
Marysara722
[COLOR="Purple"]"There is no way to peace.  Peace is the way."[/COLOR]
---A. J. Muste (1885 - 1967)
Pacifist, Anti-war Activist, Civil Rights Activist
:)

http://www.ajmuste.org/
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 7:25PM #4
smoothsable
Here is mine

A friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of
one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the
gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth
keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.

- Arabian Proverb
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 6:54PM #5
MKB
Mine is :-)
Be kinder than necessary this day;
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 9:13PM #6
delmarvamom
We have to let go of the the life we had planned
In order to live the life we have waiting for us.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 3:27PM #7
Curious_Soul
Odysseus: [voiceover] Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?

--Troy(the film)
Just Curious!

Mohinder: [Voiceover] Where does it come from? This quest? This need to solve lifes mysteries when the simpliest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we would be better off not looking at all. Not delving. Not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here. Yet still we struggle to make a difference. To change the world. To dream of hope. Never knowing for certain who we'll meet along the way. Who, among the world of strangers, will hold our hand. Touch our hearts. And share the pain of trying. __Heroes

Paulo Coelho — 'behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.'
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 6:05PM #8
Curious_Soul
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

--Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Just Curious!

Mohinder: [Voiceover] Where does it come from? This quest? This need to solve lifes mysteries when the simpliest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we would be better off not looking at all. Not delving. Not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here. Yet still we struggle to make a difference. To change the world. To dream of hope. Never knowing for certain who we'll meet along the way. Who, among the world of strangers, will hold our hand. Touch our hearts. And share the pain of trying. __Heroes

Paulo Coelho — 'behind the mask of ice that people wear, there beats a heart of fire.'
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 6:08PM #9
Curious_Soul
quality quote from Coach Carter(orginalquote from Mandela?? but then some said that he was quoting some other women who i cant remember the name??)..

..Timo Cruz: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Just Curious!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 7:21PM #10
inherentcomplexity
hmm, it only works correctly in German: "Diese Leben ist das letzte" it can either mean "This life is the last one" or "This life sucks" and the ambiguity makes me smile whenever I think of it. No, I have no idea where I heard it. I think at uni.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 18  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook