Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 2007 - Most Inspiring Person
7 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2007 - 6:59PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
Who do you think has been the most inspiring person of 2007? Talk about your nominees here with other members of the Beliefnet community. Please click here for information on sending us photos of your nominees: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/200/story_20029_1.html
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 12:11PM #2
IHOP
Mlyons

I appreciate that he is always there with a word of support for me.  Usually he says exactly what needs to be said, with the right mixture of common sense and spirituality.

THANKYOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 8:12PM #3
nevillenosher
My vote would go to Benazir Bhutto.  She is trying to rescue her nation from the religious fundies who are trying to destroy freedom of thought and freedom of expression.  Ms. Bhutto has the sort of courage most of could only dream of.  For the sake of the majority of the people in Pakistan may Creator be with Benazir Bhutto and may she succeed and may the fundy/terrorists fail.

Last month National Geographic had an interesting story on Pakistan detailing how a nation of moderates is being hijacked a minority of religious extremists.  A worthwhile article indeed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 8:33PM #4
IHOP
OH wait a minute!  you mean in real life or in Bnet?  geesh I'm embarrassed!

IRL... I don't know who was most inspiring... I was busy with the baby.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 9:43PM #5
hapiman2
I'm not sure she would qualify as the most inspiring person, but Bev Bodge Merryman-Waterman wrote a very inspiring book entitled Channels of Mercy.  It is a true story of her victory over pain through prayer and how God answered her parayers.  it is truly inspiring.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2007 - 3:18PM #6
VBallR
I believe his last name is Hoyt.  He competes in triathalons and pulls his son who suffers from cerebal palsy along with him.  I saw a story about them on the news.  Truly inspirational!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2007 - 9:43PM #7
GooniGal
Neither Angelina Jolie nor Brad Pitt believe in God or a supreme being.  Their belief is that they are God, man is his own God.  I can't help but wonder why she is on the Inspiring People list.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2007 - 2:14PM #8
Basil1951
I vote for Paul Potts. 

This is not a joke or in any way facetious.  Type his name into Google and watch the video of him on YouTube.  Then you decide.

Basil
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 8:35AM #9
dreamhealth
One mother here, maybe two, are very inspirational. A person at church has had his third car accident and has family issues that he must untangle. His work is very high-pressure.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 8:43AM #10
mom2-4Angels
I would like to vote for my friend Maggie...though she is not here on the physical plane, she was very inspriational to me and always gave me a glimpse of hope and encouragement.  she was raising 2 grandchildren after raising her own, never wanted from anyone, but always gave of herself, she is well missed by me and my children, but she still inspires me with all that she left for me in my memory bank..she's got my vote!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook