Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things They Avoid
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2013 - 6:11PM #21
SeraphimR

Nov 24, 2013 -- 4:02PM, mountain_man wrote:

Nov 24, 2013 -- 3:45PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Don't forget irrational belief #11 -- the idea that one side of the political debate (i.e., "the Regressives") is always wrong and the other side is always right.

You're right, the Regressives certainly do need to learn that lesson. They are not always right yet demand, through childish temper tantrums, to get their own way. They choose their "side" in a silly debate and stick with that even though they know full well they are wrong. Their "side" MUST win at all costs.

It's that "must" that causes them great emotional problems. Others see people, not sides.

You, however, are not one of those people.

“So long as there is squalor in the world, those obsessed with social justice feel obliged not only to live in it themselves but also to spread it evenly.”

http://takimag.com/article/the_ugly_truth_theodore_dalrymple
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2013 - 6:49PM #22
mountain_man

Nov 24, 2013 -- 6:11PM, SeraphimR wrote:

ROTFLMFAO! And you actually believe YOU are? You just broke my irony meter.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2013 - 7:45PM #23
LittleByLittle

Nov 24, 2013 -- 6:11PM, SeraphimR wrote:

Nov 24, 2013 -- 4:02PM, mountain_man wrote:

Nov 24, 2013 -- 3:45PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Don't forget irrational belief #11 -- the idea that one side of the political debate (i.e., "the Regressives") is always wrong and the other side is always right.

You're right, the Regressives certainly do need to learn that lesson. They are not always right yet demand, through childish temper tantrums, to get their own way. They choose their "side" in a silly debate and stick with that even though they know full well they are wrong. Their "side" MUST win at all costs.

It's that "must" that causes them great emotional problems. Others see people, not sides.

"They choose their "side" in a silly debate and stick with that even though they know full well they are wrong."

Why would anyone do that?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2013 - 8:54PM #24
mountain_man

Nov 24, 2013 -- 7:45PM, LittleByLittle wrote:

Psychological reasons. Gang members do it all the time. Same mentality. This article might help you understand what's going on here.

The actions of some here are not those of a mentally strong person. This article will help you understand their behaviors.

Moderated by rangerken on Nov 25, 2013 - 01:35AM

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2013 - 9:44PM #25
LittleByLittle

Nov 24, 2013 -- 8:54PM, mountain_man wrote:

Nov 24, 2013 -- 7:45PM, LittleByLittle wrote:

Psychological reasons. Gang members do it all the time. Same mentality. This article might help you understand what's going on here.

The actions of the some here are not those of a mentally strong person. This article will help you understand their behaviors.

I find that to be a weak person. I've been there but I've learned not to be.

Moderated by rangerken on Nov 25, 2013 - 01:34AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2013 - 12:06AM #26
mountain_man

Nov 24, 2013 -- 9:44PM, LittleByLittle wrote:

I find that to be a weak person. I've been there but I've learned not to be.

Strong people learn from their past.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2013 - 4:46PM #27
Stardove

The thread was moved from the Hot Topic Zone.  All Rules of Conduct now apply.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook