Switch to Forum Live View Requesting prayer and encouragement for my addicted husband and my marriage.
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 12:16AM #1
Silversaphire
It was not until about a month ago that I found out my husband has been addicted to heroin.  Everything hit me all at once.  Finding out he had not had the job he was supposedly going to every day, to realizing the things missing around the house were in fact stolen from him and pawned.  To stealing from my family.   When his behavior became erradict I knew something was wrong and decided to alert his mother.  Little did I know reaching out to her would cause more heartache than it was worth.  My father and I decided it was best to press charges and get him off the streets.  This was in hopes to not have to find him dead on the side of the road.  It was when I found him after a few days of searching that I had to make that phone call and have my husband arrested.  That was the hardest thing I think I have ever done in my entire life.  I kept his mother updated on every move I made and everything I had learned.  She and I were in agreement to keep him incarcerated until he would be transported to a rehab facility.  We went to court where she gave me the cold shoulder, for what reason I am not even aware.  Then she bails him out and I don't even know where she took my husband.  I was not allowed to even have a conversation with him.  She said she had custody of him and that he was not allowed to talk to me because of my influence?!!!   I had him all set up for rehab and even had friends that were going to help with the expenses because of the fact they are real friends and know my husband needed the help.  She threw that out he window.  She did get him into rehab, yes that was most important.  However, she put him in a facility only an hour away from her and 8 hours away from me.  She bought him a whole new wardrobe and told me that she was going to take care of him now, from his bills to everything he needs.  He ended up leaving with her, and I haven't heard from him since.  

I took my wedding vows very serious and do not want to give up on my husband.  But I feel so abandoned and this woman and her toxic relationship with my husband is sick.  She told him she was inlove with him!! Even accused me of stealing her son away from her. Coming from a women who used to smoke pot with her teenage son, and have him sell her pain pills for her. 

I am at a loss, I dont know what to do, or even where to go.  I am devastated to not only have to deal with the amount of hurt his addiction and actions have caused me, but the hurt he caused my family as well.  Now I have to deal with the opposition from his family as well.  I just do not understand the warped psyche of those people.  I am really concerned about my husbands welfare, but again I am not sure as to what I should do.  Any advice and or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.     I am sorry to seem like I am rambling, but I am really emotional about this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2012 - 7:51PM #2
andrewcyrus

Count your blessings.. A lotg of people in recovery told me I would be lucky if I didn't get the sex addicted drug, alcoholic adulteress back.. I was told point blank my pointer was broke.. and they were right..

Never been happier or had a bigger bounce in my walk the day I was able to divorce that tazmanian spin and get on with my life.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook