Switch to Forum Live View What made you decide to finally seek help (drug addiction)?
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 10:19PM #1
care4sober
There are many reasons why people finally seek the help of substance abuse professionals/ rehabs. It may be due to physical and psychological dilemma, advice of good friends,. or a simple realization that they deserve a better life or that they want their freedom back. How did you or someone you know finally decide to quit drugs and seek professional help? 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 9:10PM #2
Bob_the_Lunatic

What's funny is those out of body experiences.

Okay, not literally-but I mean those moments where you catch yourself doing something... like searching the floor for your drugs, perhaps accidentally breaking things in the process.  And in these moments, some of us, may have a pause mid-thought and consider "wow, this is pathetic", or something like that...

You'd think those experiences would do the trick, yet they don't.   Instead it does seem to be an unrelated [to the substance] issue that usually breaks the camel's back.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 9:36AM #3
Seefan

Mar 8, 2012 -- 10:19PM, care4sober wrote:

There are many reasons why people finally seek the help of substance abuse professionals/ rehabs. It may be due to physical and psychological dilemma, advice of good friends,. or a simple realization that they deserve a better life or that they want their freedom back. How did you or someone you know finally decide to quit drugs and seek professional help? 

Well my drug of no choice was/is alcohol ...

I guess it was when I got tired of living with me and realized that no matter how much I tried things were getting worse and not better.  I was losing a not-so-well-fought battle of self-will run riot.  I think it was, sub-consciously, at that point that I realized I couldn't do it on my own.  And I had to humble myself and reach out through my fear ...

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 12:44AM #4
Estacia

I was on zanax for over two yrs. my organs were shutting down I was wore tired and ready to die. I decided enough was enough and I was ready and willing to surrender.

I wanted something new I just was not sure what that was at the time.

That was 3 yrs ago.

Today I am heathy and happy. I realized what I wanted was a new life and yes I go it.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook