Switch to Forum Live View Vitamin G for Depression
3 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2011 - 3:40PM #1
GratitudeGoddess

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to share that after stuggling with infertility for over 5 years -- which sent me into depression -- I found tremendous relief from keeping a daily gratitude practice. My practice was so simple, yet so powerful and I hope to inspire you to give it a try if you haven't already. All you need to do is write down 3-5 things each day that you are grateful for and think about how those things make you feel when you write them down. Do this for at least 3 weeks and then notice any changes in your mood or mindset. That's it, it's as easy as taking a vitamin and I call the practice Vitamin G. It not only lifted me out of a depression, it opened up a whole new world of possibility and I now feel more whole, happy and at times, even bliss, despite my continued struggle to become a Mom.

I know how debilitating depression can be. It can be isolating and draining. For me, talking about it only did so much. What I needed was a tool to help me break out of feeling down and stuck. Vitamin G helped me so much, I hope it will help you too!

If you try it, please contact me and let me now how it goes for you!

I am creating a blog around gratitude and will post it soon!

In health and happiness,
Lorraine Miller

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2011 - 3:59PM #2
Natashae

Perhaps rather than advertising a product you could explain your ideas. I think it is a little cheesy to just try to drum up sales on this forum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2011 - 6:35PM #3
GratitudeGoddess

Aug 16, 2011 -- 3:59PM, Natashae wrote:

Perhaps rather than advertising a product you could explain your ideas. I think it is a little cheesy to just try to drum up sales on this forum

thanks. I reposted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2011 - 11:12AM #4
joycon

Good idea Lorraine.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2011 - 1:44PM #5
JoyceB53

Natashae, I don't think Lorraine is selling Vitamin G...that's something we have to manufacture in our own souls, lol.

I've kept a gratitude journal off and on over the years.  Lately I don't keep the journal, but I do list the things I'm grateful for in my daily devotionals.  Probably works out to the same thing.  Gratitude is one of the best things you can do for yourself, IMHO.   Thinking...or writing...about all the good things in your life, and they are there, even if you think they aren't, is definitely a  mood-booster, and will feed your soul.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2011 - 2:49PM #6
Natashae

In her first post it was an amazon link to a journal she is selling....I KNOW she isn't selling Vitamin G . Her revision of her post is great and a good idea!~

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2011 - 12:07AM #7
JoyceB53

Aug 18, 2011 -- 2:49PM, Natashae wrote:

In her first post it was an amazon link to a journal she is selling....I KNOW she isn't selling Vitamin G . Her revision of her post is great and a good idea!~

Oh...by the time I read it, the link wasn't there...or if it was, I didn't see it.  Sorry, Natashae.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook