Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Is it time to delete and leave Belief-net? Over twenty years ago, I...
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2011 - 10:48AM #11
joycon

Hi echo and welcome.

Stacey, welcome back ! It is so good to see you here and on FB!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2012 - 9:43PM #12
Lycas7x

Nobody is posting here.  When I am struggling with my baby step I need to remember ECHO and this lady named Christy I got to speak at my AA group.  She didn't talk about her alcoholism.  I told myself that she was right where God needed her to be.  We have a tradition in AA that states you are suppose to be there for the still struggling alcoholic.  She didn't upset anybody new.  The only people that couldn't handle it had 5 or 6 years. I'm sure they didn't go home and drink.  They had to think a little.  Maybe Christy was still struggling. I certainly AM.  I have to remember that somebody out there is trying to heal.  Whether I want to act like a victim or a volunteer I am suppose to be telling my story.  Im not suppose to be teaching a theory or playing a guessing game. I can remember to tell it like it is.  Men hear," I'm wounded, fix me".  Make this right.  They get angery when they are asked to own somebodies mistakes.  Sometimes they are just venting. No one is asking you to take these things personally, they are just imagining what it would be like if they were in your shoes if they haven't already walked a mile in them.

I would have died if I had to deal with your situation. We all have a different threshold for stress. 

I'm am trying to grow and get over this depression.  I think I am over medicated and can't feel.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 3:58PM #13
joycon

Hi lycas. There are still folks around. We mostly meet at "the front desk".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 5:07PM #14
lapatosu

Lycus, that is because echo and stacia never came back.  It is hard to keep a thread going, if the person who starts it isn't interested in the topic.

As Joycie posted, most of the remaining old timers are posting at the front desk, though we really, really do welcome anyone who is dealing with depression in their lives.

Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2012 - 10:18AM #15
Blindraba

Pardon, but I couldn't find anywhere else with Belief.net to post this public statement of my irritation and displeasure with the owners and management here.

For my own personal reasons, I want to remove my profile here at Belief.net but apparently there's not a way to do this; once you create a profile it's here forever and ever. Last week I emailed management here three different times asking politely and with respect to have my profile removed and not only did they not remove it but they didn't even acknowledge receiving them.

I find it both sad and curious that there's not a way, some way, of deleting one's profile here even it would be cumbersome to do so. The information on my profile is not the property of Belief.net and they have NO right to keep my profile's information if I choose to remove it and again, there's no way to delete it and for some peculiar reason they won't delete it for me.

This might seem harmless enough to most folks but to me it's a question of fairness and of following "The Golden Rule, since you would think folks that run a site based on Universal Principles of treating others as you would wish to be treated would honor such a basic request as to allow a member to leave their community when they asked nicely to be allowed to indeed leave.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 9:20PM #16
JoyceB53

Sorry, Blind, I'm clueless.  Wish I could help you, but I have no idea how.  Good luck.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook