Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
3 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2011 - 2:06PM #11
Stardove

Jul 8, 2011 -- 12:55AM, Neomonist wrote:

I'm using the Imperial brand of ecig. I get the cartridges at a cigarette store a couple miles away. They sell the liquid there for about $1.00 more than the Imperial website. Next payday I'm going to go to the liquid. I've been eying the mocha-java flavor, but being a coffee freak, I'm afraid I'll like it too much. :)

Honey says she enjoys my not coughing as much as I used to. The grandkids and great grandkids are overjoyed that I no longer smell like cigarettes. It is fun to be "Tickllebeard" once again.

Exactly,  my hubby has a long beard which would hold the cigarette smell big time.  Also he coughed for what seemed  like forever getting his lungs cleared.  imo the ecig are the way for smokers to go.

When I quit my doctor gave me patches for one month and two weeks before quitting had me  start taking Wellbutrin for the mood swings which quitting can cause and continue on for as long as needed.

Zyban (Bupropion) is the exact same thing as Wellbutrin, but it is prescribed as an aid to those wanting to quit smoking to be calmer.  Same medicine just different names which is kind of weird to me.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2011 - 9:45AM #12
Seefan

Jul 8, 2011 -- 12:27AM, Neomonist wrote:

I shifted down from the extra strength to light nicotine cartridges last week. Too great of a leap for one time. I think I'm going to go back up one step to the regular strength.

You're right about not being able to have one - lately I have to have two, one right after another.

That's what I get for wanting to be the Marlboro Man.  

Hey Neomonist! Nothing worse than a reformed smoker so they say!  So!  Here goes ... lol ...

I've quit 100s of times and I've cut back. I equate the cutting back to when dog's or cat's tails were made bobtailed. To cut down or back in smoking is like taking the dog and cutting of its tail in short pieces thinking it helps with the pain. For me it didn't happen.

We don't like pain, physical and especially emotional. And that's what withdrawal from nicotine provides. For me I had to realize this and just quite. Feel the pain. Work through it. And be persistent in my effort. When the pain came I said: "This too shall pass!" (even though it hurt like hell!)  But the pain went away. As too, the emotional pain!  It was mainly an addictive habit that needed to go away as we forge new pathway through the brain to deal with our reaction to this obsession. Good luck with it Neomonist ...

It's a tough one indeed ...

Only those with lots of fortitude and tenacity will be able to handle it! Do you have perseverance and tenacity?  I think you do ...

PS: My sister-in-law was like that anti-smoking commecial where the smoker says: "Yes I know the problem people have but it’ll not happen to me".  But she smoked and the doctors told her to quit or her health would be severely compromised.  She quit for a while but went back.  Quit again and went back and stayed smoking, until she is now on oxygen, diagnosed with severe COPD.  That’s where you maybe headed my friend if you don’t quit.  Dig deep down into your soul for that strength.  I was over a large pack a day and gave it my all.  If I can quit you can ...

Good luck ...

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2011 - 6:34PM #13
Neomonist

Jul 9, 2011 -- 9:45AM, Seefan wrote:

Hey Neomonist! Nothing worse than a reformed smoker so they say!  So!  Here goes ... lol ...

Hi Seefan.

Like I said earlier, aside from my addiction to the nicotine, my problem is that I like the taste of tobacco.

My thinking is that I can use these ecigs to eliminate the tars and other bad stuff while I reduce the nicotine intake slowly. I'm still addicted but I can breathe easier and one of the great grandkids said I no longer smell like a BBQ.

I console myself by realizing there are worse things to be addicted to.

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2011 - 6:56PM #14
andrewcyrus

Mar 27, 2011 -- 2:52PM, andrewcyrus wrote:

Mar 27, 2011 -- 10:02AM, mystikalfae wrote:

smoking with a spouse who also smokes and doesn't want to quit? I really want to quit. Smoking cigarettes has taken a toll on my skin, my health and I don't want my kids to think it is okay. I don't have alot of money to buy patches or gum, so I was hoping the cut back weekly or every two weeks until I can completely quit. I really need help with this, because we are living paycheck to paycheck and trying to get his help is like talking to a brick wall. I know alot of people say well just use the money for cigarettes to buy the patches or gum, but it isn't quite that easy since I am not the one who works and brings in the money. Please anyone who has any advice or tips please help! Thanx!

The addictive elements that are  added to the tobacco tell your brain that you need more of it. That's the bad part since we usually depend on our own thought processes to keep us from self destructing. So the central processing center is dysfunctional. Its broke. The best way to repair the dysfunction is to set up a support system outside of the brain. Then kind of focus on that support one day at time. It's not about quitting or swearing off or taking oaths but about just taking really small baby steps at breathing in good fresh air - support system. So we don't quit we just stop doing the nasty one day at time. Easier said than done..

Get help, go to 12 step meetings.. A good way to think the craving through is to keep ever present in the mind is the consequences of smoking.

quitsmoking.about.com/od/tobaccostatisti...

And realize some fat tobbacco exec is making millions each time you light up and self destruct. They have it planned that way.  

My support tube that helps me relax and breathe easy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oad8ov10AjY&feat...

" I really want to quit"

The utter powelessness of the addiction.. I remember making the same statement regarding my alcohol consumption 20 years ago.. 

I don't make that statement anymore, because I have just for today decided not to start.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2011 - 8:12PM #15
LeahOne

I quit smoking over 23 years ago.  It wasn't easy - I used the nicotine chewing gum, and when I got down to 1/4 of a 'chicklet' then I started to wean myself off of chewing gum.  No real weight gain as a result because it was so gradual.

If the husband isn't interested in quitting, I'd at least "request" that he move to the electronic cigarettes.  Good luck - it's worth it!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook