Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
4 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2010 - 1:07PM #21
Guessses

There is an old saying, "Wish in one hand and .... in the other and see which fills up first". Be of good health and spirits, for no one gets out of life alive.

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2010 - 7:40PM #22
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 10:51PM #23
Beautiful_Dreamer

Dec 23, 2010 -- 1:03PM, Barryinatlbch wrote:

I, being an HIV+ person, would LOVE to see this insidious disease eradicated.  This is definitely note worthy.  But, unfortunately, only time will tell.  I am on a 'cocktail' that is keeping my numbers where they need to be, so until there is more about this, I will gladly continue on my meds and continue to pray for a cure.

I'm glad that you (and you, Guesss) seem to be doing well. It's great that you've been able to find something that helps you, because from what I've heard from others, it can be a really rough road to travel. 

My brother had the virus for 14+ years also...he got it in, I think, about 1980 and he participated in several studies with different drugs so that doctors could figure out what was making him last so long in the hopes that they could help others do the same. Back when he got it, no one had any idea what it even *was*, much less how to help people live longer with it. He lived in Australia, I'm not sure how their health system works in terms of research but from what I understood, it was absolutely amazing that he lived as long as he did...he was relatively well when I met him (loooooonnng story) a couple of years before he died, too. 

I didn't mean for this to be so long but I guess I just shared it because I find it encouraging that so many strides are being made to help people with this terrible illness.

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook