Switch to Forum Live View On The Cusp of The Cure: October Breast Cancer Awareness Month. When PINK Is Just A Color Again.
4 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2010 - 7:09PM #1
Weepingangelofthetrees

National Breast Cancer Foundation Inc.

Breast Cancer Support

Save the Ta Tas

We're all in this together. 

Male Breast Cancer

Remember Forever Those we lost but shall never forget

Pregnant breast cancer patients more likely to survive

Survey: Men Don't Know Their Risk of Breast Cancer

Reminder:  HTZ needs links to current news.

Moderated by Stardove on Sep 30, 2010 - 10:13PM

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2010 - 10:01PM #2
solfeggio

I think it's breast cancer awareness month here, too.  At least, I saw a display today in the mall, and several women were there giving out leaflets. 

Our country has a programme in which women up to the age of 70 can get free mammograms.  You sign up and then they will make an appointment for you at the nearest radiology centre for your mammogram.  You get one every two years.

I've been a part of this programme for years, and I am due for a mammogram later this year.  When I reach 70, though, I'm on my own.  If we have to pay for the mammogram ourselves, it costs about $100.00.

I asked my GP why the programme only goes up to age 70 and he said that the incidence of breast cancer is lower in women over 70. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2010 - 10:49PM #3
Guessses

I'm gonna get the bumper sticker that says:

"Save the Ta-Ta's"

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 12:27AM #4
Hatman
i'm quite convinced that MULTIPLE cures for cancer have been found---and suppressed because they're cheap.

The average American oncology patient either spends or has his/her insurance company milked for over 600 grand before they finally succumb.

The AMA and allied corporate interests(big pharma, etc.) learned Salk's lesson quite well(lot's of businesses folded when polio was eliminated).

As a result, i don't give a PENNY to the "race for the cure" or whatever.  Instead, i recommend to the poor deluded fools out "collecting" that they should do their damn research, and ask questions like "Would YOU, the Oncologist, take this chemo?"  "Would you recommend it to your family members?"  "What's the survival rate for those taking this "cure"?"

Try googling "the politics of cancer," and look for an article in Penthouse magazine about Guccione's wife, and what Bob discovered when he began to research cures for his stage-4 breast-cancer wife who was given 6 mo. to live.

The article dates to the SEVENTIES, iirc, more than 30-35 YEARS ago...and lots of people have been regularly fleeced for years in the "search for a cure," 'cuz again, there's LOTS of dough to be made from "searching" for a cure---and lots to lose if/when one or more are found, especially cheap/inexpensive ones.

Google Royal Rife, too, and discover what the AMA did to him, as well.

Stop being a sheeple, eagerly lining up for your fleecing, encouraging others to also be fleeced.

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 12:59AM #5
Weepingangelofthetrees

OCTOBER is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (So this whole thread starting with the OP did have current news links making it viable for the HTZ)

Excellent points Hatman. Imagine how much money would be lost by those investing in cancer research, if cure was the primary focus, and not donating for more research.
And the thing many people miss is, nothing "official" get's into the public domain, via Doctors, unless and until it's permitted by the AMA. (American Medical Association).Any doctor that steps outside those boundaries loses his license.
There's a reason for that. Liability.
And it's not just medical doctors, but Dentists and any health care practitioner who is overseen by a governing body. Like (former) Dentist Larry Hanus! In 1994 he was a Dentist who lost his license through the ADA prosecution, after telling a patient who suffered MS that she might do well, if she had her silver amalgam fillings removed and replaced with porcelain. She made a full recovery. As of 2007 Dr. Hanus was trying to insure the same for his License.

You know there's no morality in medicine, when the cost of health is sold out, by the profit in medicine.

Kathy Keeton Guccione, given 6 months to live in June 1995, passed in 1997.  

(Her Story) The $200 Billion Scam
By Jeff Kamen

The Politics of Cancer

Holding the National Cancer Institute Accountable for Cancer Deaths

Bras and Breast Cancer

Dressed To Kill

The Link Between Breast Cancer and Bras

by Sydney Ross Singer and Soma Grismaijer

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2010 - 9:20PM #6
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement