4 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2010 - 2:56PM #1
Chefpam

Hi to all. I am 39 and have ankylosing spondylitis, fibro, thyroid disease, psoriasis, and now all my hair is falling out~don't know it it's due to my thyroid, the Humira, the disease process. BUT I feel like I am at my weakest point ever. My entire life has changed from my personality to daily routine, to having a career to being barely able to walk across my floor, from feeling girly and outgoing to wanting to hide from the world. Without God, I don't  know what I would do but I am still struggling and looking for inspiration and strength in every corner.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 3:23AM #2
karbie

I've been in chronic pain for about 25 years, in varying strengths. I have fibro, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc, and in the last 2 years my arthritis , especially in my hands, have made even the unavoidable things like holding things difficult. I'm sorry that you are going through all of this pain from so many sources. One thing I've found that helps lower pain and increase mobility is actually great--eating cherries, drinking cherry juice-even dried or frozen ones help. The Native Americans used them to treat arthritis. Any of the fruits that are high in antioxidants will give you some relief.

I had half of my thyroid taken out due to a benign tumor--haven't needed thyroid medication since then.It was certainly a weird enough imbalance before the diagnosis. When I fasted for 2 days and gained weight I felt like it was adding insult to injury. If you are on BC pills, they can tend to give you a high thyroid level in lab work.

Besides this forum, the Depression forum has a lot of compassionate, genrous and caring people. Being betrayed by your own body without even the satisfaction of having done something to justify it is very frustrating. We try to be there for each other even if all we can do is say a prayer.

At least most doctors are willing to admit that fibromyalgia exists; some of them have even figured out that we're depressed because we have things going wrong that are causing us pain instead of being in pain because the depression caused it.

I'm glad that you found beliefnet and sorry that you needed to find us. It's amazing how many people have come here when they needed it the most...just to know they've made a connection and knowing that another humman being actually heard you was huge for me. You aren't alone in this now.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook