Ugh. Just, fffffuuuuuuuddgggeeeeeeeeee!

Ya know?

Freakin bad day.

Bad freakin day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2010 - 1:56PM #2
Nay_ho_tze
... it's planetary, babe, it's planetary ...
=[
Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
designer and artist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2010 - 7:38PM #3
joycon

((((((((Karl)))))) Hang in there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 12:20AM #4
karbie

Hey Karl,

I agree about the planetary part--but you're the inhabitant I'm concerned about. These yo-yo weather days take a toll on most of us. I managed to get a few things done today besides spilling things. I got a basket of laundry put away,got the sound back on the remote, fixed a meal for my husband instead of the other way around, and for my drum roll--not only found the AT&T papers from when it was installed, but got to a human customer service rep who actually went out of her way to help me.  

One selling point was getting a $200 Visa gift card. We were supposed to get information about how to redeem it and never did, although somehow they managed to find time to tell us the offer had expired. tomorrow I battle my pre-paid cell--it is showing I don't need to add time until May 1st but has decided that April is close enough. the joys of dealing with a lot of babbling in the background while speaking to someone with marginal English is something I'll deal with tomorrow. Thanks to Vicky, we got the offer reinstalled, and redeemed as well as well as $100 off the next bill since the current visa offer is for $100. So there are still real live human beings who actually want to do a good job. Amazing, isn't it? These days it seems to be a noteworthy occasion  when it happens.  

I hope the rest of the week is better for you. I'm just glad to see you around.Tomorrow I tackle the company my prepaid cell is with.I wasn't due for more minutes until May 1st, but they've taken the minutes I had because my time has run out. Happy May! Gee, seems like it's still April to me...

this is the first time I've ever beaten cellulitis without any trips to an ER and especially without IV antibiotics, so I guess that's a major step forward. I'll appreciate it more when I stop sulking over having it again in the first place.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 11:38AM #5
Green.is.my.favorite.color

Okay... whata difference a day makes, ya know? Perspective.

Ohhh, Joycie, ya know, dear, you have so much going on right now... thank you for your concerns and thoughts. And prayers have gone out for you and hubby, as they have been for awhile.

Karbie - you're cracking me up! I'm not sure if that was your intent, but, still.... As I'm reading a long (your post) it occurs to me that you are a master distractionist! Your prose is so story-teller-ish that I got sucked in! There's nothing better than phone card resolution, isn't there...?LOL. And am glad to hear about your non-surgical cellulitis solution (seriously!).

NHT, yep, it ALL fits into MR, God Bless it! Mecury's made its presence known in other ways in my life, but these retrograde issues just make me wanna pull my hair out. Just imagine if Jupiter was an inner planet!! We'd ALLLLLL be screwed!

Sooooo, okay. Move along. Nothing to see here......

but seriously, thank you, ladies :)

Karl

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2010 - 6:02PM #6
Kodiacman

Green,

Venting is cathartic....glad to hear your doing better.

blessings mark

If someone wants to doubt the existence of Jesus, my experience is that no evidence or argument will change his mind. Such is the nature of skepticism.~Editor fourth R
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2010 - 8:55AM #7
karbie

Okay Karl, you caught me--I tend to use humor and deflection to cope. One of these days I'll get up the nerve to try an open mike night at a comedy club. They just better bring me a chair because I'm not going to spend extra time standing. A friend gave me one of the best ideas long ago. My son had a teacher who was a real bitch. She's the one who told me to substitute "Fluffy" for "bitch", and I noticed immediately that it was a lot better for my blood pressure. The mental image Fluffy conjured up for me was a brainless long-haired Siamese kitten. I've passed that one on, and it once turned a line of people backed up at a pharmacy due to someone's insurance company from a grumbling line to smiles and laughs because everyone knows a Fluffy, Fluffer, Fluffette...and it gives you your power back.

Waiting in line standing isn't one of my easier things physically at the moment. Waiting in line at the doctors or in a chair waiting to get a prescription filled is free time. I've asked to be squeezed in or have my son squeezed in too many times to complain if the doctor has done it for someone else. this is time I don't have to feel guilty about not accomplishing anything at home. It admittedly is also a head game time. If I bring a book, I'll go for  one with a strange title. some people will start looking over to see what you are reading....Zombies of the Gene Pool and Bimbos of the Death Sun, both by Sharon McCrumb, are good for this. In fact "Bimbos of the Death Sun' was her first book. A friend of hers was a professor of literature and had a contest going with his students.  She submitted this story just to yank his chain, but he submiited it to a publisher....

the main character in the book was a Science professor who had written a book about the radiation from a dying sun affecting women the most and making them less intelligent each generation. He was so happy his treatise was going to be published that he left things like the title of the book and cover art at the discretion of the publisher. It came out as "Bimbos of the Death Star" with over endowed women in fur bikinis on the cover. He lived in fear of anyone he knew finding out it was his work, especially his students. I like irony.

I actually had a woman go ballistic because I was doing a crossword in ink. I see it better and use eraseable pens anyway. It was my book, not hers, and her reaction of outrage pretty ridiculous. Silly prat. Now I have to be sure to keep one of those pens with me if I'm going to be stuck waiting...

I'm a quarter Irish--probably more, since that's just one side--and the beauty of stories is  that you can try to give someone else a lift and try to hide yourself at the same time. But mostly I do want to give someone else a laugh or smile--it makes me feel that maybe I've helped someone else.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2010 - 10:43AM #8
Bohemiangrrl

I'm so glad you're feeling better.  We all have those days dear.  And they really stink!! 

HUGS!!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook