Switch to Forum Live View I lost both of my folks to cancer..
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 12:11PM #1
David

my mom died in 1987 and my dad passed away just this past December....they both had colon cancer...it was hell to watch them both suffer for years...I wouldn't wish this on anyone...I know that they both are in Heavan with God and His Angels..that is what keeps me out of the ditch....

having said that, I will say this...and it is so true..when one of your loved ones has cancer...you have it to a certain extent because of what is involved in care giving, support, prayers, communication..everything...

I found that just being there made so much of a difference....many times nothing was said...but it wasn't necessary...just a smile...I would many times pray the Our Father out loud.....God works wonders...and I found a strength....my folks and my older sister certainly did...that only comes from God....I firmly believe that.. 

I thought I would fall apart when my dad passsed....he was a Saint and all the man there was...like mom he was a giver and loved people and life...it was hell losing my mom of course..but I still had dad...and while I know that death is a part of life and we all experience this...I honestly thought I would break up in many pieces...

well, God has sustained me...my stepmom(she and my dad met through Parents without Partners, both widowed), my sister...and the rest of my extended family...the support I have recieved , the kindness, love will never be forgotten...it has changed my life...and God does work in mysterious ways...

God bless you all on your journeys..and may He be with you!

david  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 11:12PM #2
nevillenosher

David,

I am sorry for you loss and what you say is true.  Prayer and the support of family and friends is what sustains us during these sad times in our lives.  Thank you for sharing your story and your thoughts with us here.

All the best,

Malcolm

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2010 - 10:21AM #3
David

Mar 9, 2010 -- 11:12PM, nevillenosher wrote:

David,

I am sorry for you loss and what you say is true.  Prayer and the support of family and friends is what sustains us during these sad times in our lives.  Thank you for sharing your story and your thoughts with us here.

All the best,

Malcolm

Thank you, Malcolm...I am at peace...he is with God..and that is all that matters...Laughing 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook