Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Managing Pain with Mindfulness Meditation
8 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2009 - 6:35PM #1
Lahnjules

I have chronic sinusitis/allergic rhinitis conditions. My sinus pain was really bad recently and made my days miserable. But fortunately, added relief came in the form of guided mindfulness meditation dealing with physical pain by Shinzen Young. I bought his book, "Break Through Pain" which includes a CD that teaches several meditation strategies to cope with acute or chronic pain. Below is one of 3-part video segments demonstrating his work with a pain sufferer. Please visit www.sinus-allergy-care.com/first-person.... to learn more about this powerful healing practice. I hope this sharing proves to be beneficial if you are experiencing any physical discomfort.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2010 - 6:49PM #2
Mersilkee

I have used mindfulness exercises for many years as part of my spiritual practice.  I have complex regional pain syndrome and FTD a fatal degenerative brain disease. 

It is very useful for managing pain and all the problems I have that go along with my other illness.

eppie

blog: Iamdying.net

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook