Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Do you ever feel like you've tried so much you'll lose your mind?
8 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2009 - 3:56AM #1
Fireandarose

Don't get me wrong--many of the things I've tried have helped me to one extent or another.  (My cat, reiki, a particular pain killer with minimal side-effects, and hypnosis, along with getting enough sleep, seem to be the best of the lot, though others help to varying extents, depending on what body-part or type--muscle, joint, skin, etc--is in pain.)

But every so often, I want to scream and toss all the books, herbs, pills, cds, oils, ointments, and the rest out my second story window.  Preferably in a glass container, for a most satisfying crash.

I certainly never WOULD, but I find having so much to deal with--on top of the things related to my health issues themselves, not just the pain that manifests from them--can be maddening.

(And since I think she's done more than all the rest, I do include a photo of my cat--why not, after all?  I believe a pet companion can do much for one's mental state, which does much for one's physical state--including with pain.  I'm writing a guide for how to care well for a pet if you are not in peak physical performance, so people don't feel guilty about getting one.  If you seek any information on this, I'm happy to give it to you!)

How about you?

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2009 - 2:27AM #2
Dreamweever2

I can relate to what you have said here.  I'm starting to face the thoughts of having to have surgery again after the holidays are over with. I'm contemplating trying to hang in there until spring if possible. With me, it's the only effective pain control they've found, but it's a nightmare to have done.

Pets definately help. Many times they are the motivator to keep going, other times, they are comic relief, and others, they are a source of unconditional love. At the absolute worst times, I don't know if I would have made it through without my crew (dogs and birds here).

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2010 - 6:27AM #3
Susan

I would like to share about my experience with the severe chronic pain, with which I suffered a lot. It was a very horrible time. I tried many medicines, but its all utter waste. I could not tolerate my back pain. Finally I found a remedy with Thoughts Become Reality and their hypnotherapy treatment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2010 - 9:46AM #4
Lavender

Yeah, Ihear ya on wanting to pull your hair out; and cats are so wonderful! Mine is always there when I need her. (Sorry, no pic.) Yoga and massage seem to help me. lots of ice, too. It just takes patience to find what works for you; and then, there are times nothing will work. Ggggrrrrrr!

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2010 - 2:53PM #5
Chefpam

I could have written this. I am so tired of these diseases and the pain they cause. However, I would never dream of pulling my hair out~it is all falling out on it's own. Just know they you are not alone. Hugs and prayers.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook