Switch to Forum Live View Caregivers Anonymous 12 Step Program for Caregivers
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 11:17PM #1
Autismcaregiver

Check out the book:  Self Care for the Caregiver by Pat Samples.  It is available on Amazon.com    This could be the best gift you will ever give yourself.  I am reading the book and working the Caregivers Anonymous 12 Step Program.  If you would like to join me, you are WELCOME!  Get the book.  Read it.  We can discuss it here.  Let others know about this AMAZING resource for quality of life recovery for Caregivers. 

This program works for any Caregiver.  If you are providing care to a family member this program is for you.  If you are a parent providing care for your child with special needs or a disability, this program is for you.  If you are an adult daughter caring for your elderly parent, this program is for you.  This is a free program that has the only requirement of being a Caregiver who desires to enhance the quality of their lives. 

Dawn        AutismCaregiver

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2009 - 3:19PM #2
Goldangirl

Hi, my name is Tonie and I am a care I just wanted to interduce Myself and say that I read a article on Belifnet that was awesome I really enjoyed it and that is were I found you all. I want to say that caregiving is hard I and my two sister's are caregiver's for our mother who had a stroke after brain surgeroy and it is hard she fight us with the hand and leg that is still functional . She can't talk , so we have to try and figure out what it is she needs and or wants and that is fustrating to her as well as to us. Any way I just wanted to say that you all for being here and I will be checking in regularly.

Thank You

Tonie C.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2011 - 4:47PM #3
Autismcaregiver

Tonie,

Thank you so much for your response to Caregivers Anonymous!  I was very touched by your heartfelt response!!!   Unfortunately, I haven't checked this in a while.  Sorry.  

A lot is happening as far as the development of a 12 Step Program that helps Caregivers.  It is really exciting!  Were you able to find the book online?  It would be really helpful for ANY Caregiver who is struggling.  It is still the best that is available at this time.  If you would be interested in talking about the 12 Step Program and what it has to offer Caregivers, just let me know!  I would love to share the information!

Love to you Tonie,

Dawn

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2011 - 11:04PM #4
Autismcaregiver

Free Resource for Parents of Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers, ADHD, OCD and etc.

selfcareforparents.blogspot.com/

Excellent Resource for Self Care for Parents

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2011 - 2:38AM #5
GrayGrammy

I'm new to this site. Is there really such a group "Caregivers Anonymous" in operation ... sort of like Al-Anon, but for Caregivers? Yes, I have the Sample books, and yes, I am working The Program - as a Caregiver of a chronically-ill spouse - but from the few posts I find here, I can't tell if there is any on-going support here for people like me ... people who need to put the focus on myself and "Work the Program," with others, for a sane and recovering ME, rather than putting my attention on the difficult processes of caregiving or on my spouse. Is there anyone out there????

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2011 - 6:00AM #6
Pennymac

I just found this site a few days ago.  I had experience with Alanon earlier in my life and I am now caring for my husband with Huntington's disease.  So much of what I learned in Alanon is sort of relevant to my current situation.  I am currently reading the Samples book and am very thankful to have found out about it.  

I had to quit my job to be with my husband and I am struggling with many conflicting emotions.  I'm still reading the book but I'm feeling hopeful.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook