Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View A Caregiver who Now Must Care For Himself
5 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2009 - 9:56AM #1
new suit

I have done the last thing that I can for my Dad, he is now with my Mom and I am struggling with resuming a normal life.

If you have advice on how to do this, let me know how here by adding to this thread.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2009 - 3:11PM #2
dpatel

I'm sorry for your loss. I am praying for you. God bless

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 7:40PM #3
puzzleman

New suit I am also sorry for your loss and will pray for you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2009 - 2:53AM #4
Pielcanela

I am sorry for your loss. I also lost my father 5 years ago.   Every time I felt sad and wanted to cry, I just told myself that my father was happy; no more pain or confussion.  He was home with his parents and siblings.  I also remembered the good times and his support, his strenght.  They left the physical world, but they ARE with you.  You can't see them but they are with you.  I am praying for you. Maria

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2009 - 7:18AM #5
Trishp63

iam praying for you dahling, it all takes time to heal an to let go an in time it will get better for you! .i care for the sick an some that are not so sick .i lost many an each of them ,has a special place in my heart,some i was very close to dahling.for each one i lost i knew that it was time for them to go . its always harder when its someone like your mother or farther, just remember that you will see him again someday.an you have to go on for your dad!he became an angel an got his wings an his always in your heart.                                          love dahling                                                                                                                            

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 9:28AM #6
Faintly

I understand in the way that only those who have walked in the shoes of grief can understand.  Even though we know there is relief for those who have passed, we are left to deal with the grief and empty spaces.  I will pray for you.

I lost my Dad too..it's been two years and some days are better than others - some are just empty, but I always remember that Dad wouldn't have wanted to be the cause of this kind of emptiness, sorrow, and pain.  He would have advised me to grieve and then move on, so that's what I'm trying to do -- moving on doesn't mean forgetting, it simply means moving on. Good luck, and blessed be to you on your path.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2010 - 2:48PM #7
jesusfreakgal

New Suit, I am sorry for your loss. That indeed is sad. But I would suggest looking for a support group. They might be able to give you a good idea of what to do now, as many likely were/ are in a similar situation to you. I will pray for you.

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2010 - 5:51PM #8
Lonelylove66

Just keep doing what your instinct tells you. It takes at least two months for you to feel different and you should find someone to actually talk to like on the phone at least. It helps. I have a friend who felt suicidal when his parents went within one week of each other and he gets a lot out of telling me about them. I try to keep him in reality because we tend to gloss over their faults and  holding the reality is good too. LOVE

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2010 - 10:21PM #9
bktx1

It will take some time.  I would advise you to move (physically)  When I lost someone, I found that long walks and deep prayer or thinking go a long way to healing.  If it is not walking, then biking or running or yoga might be the thing.  Whatever it is, physical activity will help to clear the mind and heart.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2010 - 6:56PM #10
bruceracster

I don't think there is anything you CAN do to be honest. Grieving is a natural process that almost everyone has to go through at some point in their life. It hurts inside and it feels like there's nothing you can do. The only thing that will heal you really is time, so just hang in there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook