Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Hello. I'm new to the forum
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 5:54AM #11
shocharah

I am currently waiting for a CT scan of my chest and an MRI of my head and neck in hope of finding my elusive cancer. I have finally met my oncologist, and I feel I can trust her. At this point, cancer means waiting. Waiting for tests. Waiting for results. I'm sure once treatment commences, I'll wish I were back waiting again, but right now I just want to get it over with.

I don't feel guilty all the time now. And when I do, I come back to this forum to reassure myself that I am simply a person who got cancer. Thank you all so much, Dylan

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 8:18PM #12
frankieestep

Dylan, I have found the waiting to be the hardest part.  Once we face the unknown, and it becomes known, it becomes manageable.  You are in my prayers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 8:46PM #13
itty

My prayers are with you. Waiting is the hardest part. I find it helps to try to stay busy to keep my mind off it. Stay strong. Cancer is somthing to fight.

You haven't done anything wrong. You are rignht. You are simply a person who has cancer. You aren't dying with cancer, Dylan. You are living with cancer. Never ever forget that.

Keep us posted, please?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2009 - 5:08PM #14
Jdeb

Just wanted to say hello ..I am new too.

Sorry hope all goes well for you ..keep the faith..

I would love to have mail from any and all...of you

jdeb

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 5:24PM #15
frankieestep

Jdeb, Welcome to our little corner of the 'Net.  Please tell us a little more about you, and what brings you to our board. 

We have a great group here, sometimes things are a little slow, but we do care about each other.  Share your journey with us!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2010 - 11:18PM #16
shocharah

It's been quite a while since I posted. The results in May were all negative. I've gone back for checkups a couple of times since, and all were negative. This time, however, there is an "irregularity" in my throat, near where the cancer was found. I am getting the results of the CT scan on Monday, and I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous. I do have faith that whatever it turns out to be, I will live with it, and if it's cancer, I will fight it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 4:14AM #17
shocharah

Test results came back negative. I am so relieved.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2010 - 2:01AM #18
Sierra Rain

YAY!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2010 - 10:51PM #19
nevillenosher

Glad it came out good for you Shocharah! 

Take care,
Malcolm

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook