Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 29 days as nonsmoker been crying all day!
5 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 1:08PM #1
Hurricaneangel

I hate this feeling so much .. I'm on chantix and meditate and pray everyday for 29 days I have not touched a cig..and I don't want too. i hate the withdrawels I hate the urge please, if it would just leave me alone I hate it.. I've done nothing but cry everytime the yearning comes and I hate it! I wish it would go away forever! I never want to touch a cig again !!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 3:28PM #2
dpatel

You're doing really well so far. The longing will go away eventually. God bless

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 6:14PM #3
ODIECOM

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ... KEEP CRYING ... JUST DONT SMOKE.

THE TEARS WILL GO AWAY, THE SMOKING IS HARDER TO GET RID OF.

NICE JOB

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 9:59PM #4
mountain_man

Apr 13, 2009 -- 1:08PM, Hurricaneangel wrote:

I hate this feeling so much .. I'm on chantix and meditate and pray everyday for 29 days I have not touched a cig..and I don't want too. i hate the withdrawels I hate the urge please, if it would just leave me alone I hate it.. I've done nothing but cry everytime the yearning comes and I hate it! I wish it would go away forever! I never want to touch a cig again !!!

Never is a good word. It takes guts and resolve to say never again. I said it over 20 years ago. No matter what happens; smoking (or using, or getting drunk) is not an option.

Give it another week and things will start to get better. You'll live.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 11:59PM #5
sixth step phobia

I had 27 attempts at quitting before i escaped the amazing psychological pull of cigarette smoking

Each attempt was more excrutiatingly painfull than the last

Yes it takes guts and resolve, strength and persistence to overcome addiction

But like all things they have a polarity and are paradoxical so you also need to be

Gutless, blubbery, surrender and acceptance when needed

Keep asking for help

Congrats

Spiritual awakening is awakening from the dream of thought
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 6:21AM #6
Kapha44

Apr 13, 2009 -- 1:08PM, Hurricaneangel wrote:

I just passed 7 years smoke free. My wife couldn't quit either but finally did. She's into her second month of not smoking.

It does get better and the craving goes away.

Congrats your doing a great job.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 5:28PM #7
Agnosticspirit

Hurricane, well done! This too shall pass, it really will. When the craving is hardest, remember all the reasons you want to quit. It'll help steel your resolve.

Good luck, and positive thoughts for your continued success as a NON-SMOKER. Not a former smoker, not an ex-smoker, but a NON SMOKER.

(((( hugs))))

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 10:41PM #8
Hurricaneangel

Thank u all for your support...I am fighting this no matter what ! I am never going back ..I want to be healthy , I wanna see my first grandbaby be born someday, I want to dance st there wedding!!! I don't wanna die at 55 as my dad did from long cancer, or 52 as my brother did of emphyzema and my aunt also at 52....I have so much in life to live for! and if crying the answer then so be it!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 6:53PM #9
Wmdkitty

I'm just starting.

Distraction helps.

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2009 - 4:16PM #10
Classylady60

I quit smoking 4 weeks ago because I got tired of my rooms smelling like crud when I smoked in the house.  I also got tired of hearing my family say that they could smell smoke on my clothes and hair.  My sister and I both can't stand a dirty house but when I went to her house it smelled musty and old even when she washed the walls and all of the drapes and I was sure mine did as well.   We both decided it was time to quit and we did.  I have been using the committ lozenges for the times I really crave a cigarette because it has just enough of nicotene to calm the craving and Im tapering off of them as well.    I would not take the chantix because My brother and sister in law both said it caused nightmares and other weird stuff so they just stopped on their own.   The first thing I noticed when I quit was my wheezing was gone and I felt better at the end of the day.  I won't go back to smoking ever again...  There is one fall back and that is EATING everything that doesn't move.  You have to keep a close watch on your eating habits or you'll just trade one bad habit for another one.  I can taste me food better now and its really hard to stop with one serving but I do.   I have diabetes and have to eat  several small meals a day but I just choose wisely so I don't go overboard.   I applaude you for quitting but wish you would go with the committ lozenges instead of chantix.  That stuff is mind altering and not in a good way.   Hang in there and maybe next year at this time we cam celebrate togeather.

Nettie

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook