Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: WARNING!!!! Scammers, spammers, and Phishing emails!
5 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2009 - 7:35PM #1
Agnosticspirit

Hello all!

Members of the Beliefnet community have recently been plagued with unsolicited emails sent thru the Beliefnet Private messaging system ... The culprit sending these messages usually requests your personal contact information, a desire to "get to know you",  and/or money. Don't do it! It's a scam! Please report these emails and the member who sends them to the community mailbox right here.... community@beliefnetstaff.com

I don't pray, but I do send my positive hopes that Beliefnet techies will have a solution to better PREVENT these unsolicited emails from occuring in the first place..... ;-) If you ARE inclined for prayer, by all means.... report the scam, pray, meditate.... I'm sure  the help will be appreciated no matter the form it takes.

Have a great weekend everyone,

agnosticspirit - Bnet Community host - Addictions & Recovery

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2009 - 5:16PM #2
Agnosticspirit

Just a heads up... the spammers and scammers continue to prey on Bnet members. But I have found that reporting the membername to the community mailbox generally leads to a quick removal of the member profile.

Staff can't delete these scammer profiles unless we report them. If you get any of these little love notes in your mailbox, please take a couple minutes to let staff know about them here.... community@beliefnetstaff.com

Thanks and hugs,

--- AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2010 - 11:20AM #3
Agnosticspirit

Good morning. It was announced yesterday that Fox News Corp has sold Beliefnet to BN Media.CLICK HERE to view the article.

Other than the fact that paid staff I've had the honor of working with the last few years were let go as a result, there have been no changes to the community forums with these exceptions:

1. To report a software glitch, click on THIS LINK to send a private message to the memberBeliefnet_Community

2. For technical assistance, visit the Beliefnet Knowledgebase. We'll do our best to help. If you're uncertain whether you're experiencing a genuine software glitch or a temporary hiccup on  your computer, feel free to post a new thread on the Knowledgebase. 

3. To report scam/phishing emails sent through Beliefnet's Private messaging system, press the Report Content button. That action will notify the appropriate person who vanquishes the spammer/scammers.

If BN Media is more amenable in cultivating social networking sites, this could very well be a positive move for our beloved Communities.

Kind regards to all,

AS

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook