5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2009 - 7:37AM #1
Katyad

my mother suffers from pain and numbness in her feet and toes. Does anyone have Idea what she could have? she has seen every kind of doctor for this and they can't figure out what she has.

Thanks for your help,

God Bless

Katy

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2009 - 9:54AM #2
karbie

Here's a weird one for you--Grandpa used to have a LOT of pain and numbness in his feet, but the problem was actually higher up. It was actually his circulatory system; he had a coronary blockage that was affecting the blood flow to his feet. He had a coronary by-pass and it restored the proper flow. Have they put her on anything like Plavix to clear plaque out of the arteries? Technically it is used to prevent strokes, but has other uses. I'm sure she's been checked for diabetes, right? Nerve pain in the extremities can go along with that. Make sure she keeps her feet elevated as much as possible...I'm sure you know that--and ANY joint can have arthritis--even your toes, because I do.

Sorry--has she been checked for bone spurs, tendonitis, or bursitis in her feet? (I've had all of them, and a shot of cortizone in the foot near the bone spurs can help dissolve them and reduce pain.) They can make orthotics to go into her shoes that will be molded to her feet;the gel inserts can help as well.  I can't use the orthotics because unfortunately when I use them my back doesn't like it.  I hope she finds relief soon!

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2009 - 2:14PM #3
dpatel

my mum had pain in her feet - apparently her arches had collapsed. She had to have special soles made for her shoes. I hope the doctors find the problem with your mum's feet and a treatment is available. God bless 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 2:38AM #4
Dreamweever2

My mom had places on her shins that she could not stand to have touched. In her case, it was nerve pain caused by compression fractures in her back. She had rheumatiod arthritis that caused it. Have they checked your mom's back to see if she has any disc or other issues that could be causing possible nerve pain? I hope she's feeling much better real soon.

Best wishes,

Dreamweever

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 5:12PM #5
MarleneEmmett5

Apr 2, 2009 -- 7:37AM, Katyad wrote:

my mother suffers from pain and numbness in her feet and toes. Does anyone have Idea what she could have? she has seen every kind of doctor for this and they can't figure out what she has.

Thanks for your help,

God Bless

Katy

Katy:
Sounds to me like your mom suffers from bursitsis in her toes~it could also be something called Diabetic Neuropathy,which is really not good.
Has her doctor's checked her for Diabetes???

mention the words "Diabetes to her doctor and see what he says"

I have pain in my toes on my left foot~I think my pain is from surgery from afew years ago.
the pain feels like rubber band that's tightening up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 7:10PM #6
Harold

I wouldn't be alerted too much about nerve issues or diabetes (which is a growing problem and should always be checked for), but many things can trigger foot numbness. I don't think this is something to worry too much about (not like its  going to prevent you from getting affordable health insurance). There are a few calf muscles that can be overworked, causing knots, which trigger foot / toe numbness. Actually, toe/foot numbness has been said to be affected by strain in muscles in the buttocks, leg, or foot itself.

wish you all the best

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook