Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View I was terrorized by workers comp doctors
6 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2009 - 9:02PM #11
Dreamweever2

Hi Miasma,

I had something similar happen with me, but I don't think it was from the pain. I have allergies and asthma. I had gotten sick with them, and at one point dehydrated. They admitted me too. I'm pretty sure what happened with me was caused by meds, but you know something, after that about a year and a half later, I was having that procedure done on my back for a second time, and they had a hard time with the IV. My skin was dry, and it was like I was dehydrating again. 8 days later was when I had the two strokes. My blood was so thick that they had a hard time getting IV's to work, and could not draw any blood...it wouldn't come out. Now they have me take an aspirin a day to keep it thinned down. I almost wonder if there's something about chronic pain that can cause that...? They tested me for Lupus at that point because those are some of it's symptoms, but I don't have it, so I don't know. I think there is still a great deal about the human body that they really don't know about. Something else...I related to Karbie when she was talking about dry mouth, although I know she had something else going on. When I was on pain meds, I would wake up with my mouth as dry as the sole of someones shoe. I always have to have something available to drink. It's only a little at a time, within reach at all times. I'm really sorry to hear that you have suffered that much, and were in very much pain. That is terrible. I hope you are doing much better now and don't have times like that anymore. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me, and giving me a heads up. I think medical professionals need to do group studies of people with chronic pain to find all of the common experiences that are related to it...but then too, they would have to actually listen to what we tell them. That is something that far too many doctors refuse to do. Unfortunately too many of them think they already know it all, and are close minded. Please remember too though, my opinions of doctors is very jaded from bad experiences. Anyway thank you again. Sending you gentle hugs.

Sue

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2012 - 3:35PM #12
Accuhealth

Take heart, friend.  Not all WC physicians are that bad.  As an employee at a Workers' Compensation Clinic, I have witnessed first-hand doctors and other healthcare professionals treat WC cases with great care for the individual.  My employers have fought for the individual many times and several patient testimonials confirm what I've seen. 

Andy Little
Richardson, TX

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Sep 17, 2012 - 09:19PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook