Switch to Forum Live View Living with Chronic Pain
5 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2009 - 6:02AM #1
Angeleyes202
Hello,
My name is Trish and I was born with Crouzon's Disease and Apert's Syndrome. I have stayed in contact with my doctor. I have known him since I was 2 years old. And some of the information that he knows of is that my chronic pain is going to get worse. And any day I can be bed ritten for the rest of my life. He couldn't tell me when or anything like that. And I am afraid to say this but he is right so far. Everything he has said over the years has been true. My spine is fused together with my disk and my verdabrea (can't spell bear with me) and I don't have no lumber. My elbow I can't straighten out because my nerve, tentents, and muscles are short and they can't do anything about it and my knees I have everything but they aren't attached. Also found out that I have degentitive disease that is eatting my bones and the crouzon's disease is also eatting my muscles too. I am getting weaker and weaker.
But I have the Lord on my side. And I know that I am a walking and talking testmony for Him. I love the Lord very much. I don't go to church because I can't sit down very long and for other reasons too. They called themself's christian's but they sure don't act like christian's though. I enjoy reading my Daily Bread that I get every month that helps me out alot. Then I found this place and I fall in love with it. So I am staying for awhile. I used to be a deacon's kid my parents loved the Lord very much they put their lives in the Lord's hands until He called both of them to come home and be with Him. But I know that with out my Lord and Savior I wouldn't be here. With everything that I have been through I praise the Lord for it. I have had 12 surgeries on my head and face. And have died a few times but the Lord wasn't ready for me just yet. I have been told that I have a happy attitude and a happy spirit too. I don't know about that. I have my days where they are up's and down's and I ask why and I know I am not suppose too. But I am human. And somewhat normal.
As you can tell I am new on here. I am sorry for being so long on here. But I have so much to say and I want to tell people about the Lord and about what I have been through. And I want to talk to other people too and alos listen to them too. I have some experience consel. with people because of my mom. I love helping people. And I know there is going to be alot of questions I don't mind at all. Here is my email if you feel better emailing me mikeandtrish01@ymail.com if you feel better doing it this way I am fine with it too. I have nothing to hide.
I have chronic pain from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I have medicines and they to work but it depends how I sit or walk. It doesn't matter what I do. I can move the wrong way and my back goes out and it can be out for 1 to 2 weeks up to a month. There is nothing they can do for me but just give me heavy duty pills. They are working and taking the edge off but the pain is still there. I have lived with the chronic pain all my life and it's going to get worser. But I know that the Lord has a plan for me. When, Where, Why, What. I don't know. Only He knows. And I am waiting.
Thank you for listening me to ranting and raving about my problems. I am sorry.
Thank you for reading my post. Hope to hear from you soon. Either on here or through email.
God Bless You,
Trish
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 11:04AM #2
karbie
Dear Trish,
  Welcome to beliefnet--you've found a place where you will find a lot of warm, caring, and supportive people. As we say here--I'm glad that you found us and sorry that you need to be on the chronic pain board. Tis is a place where you can share a good day,vent on a bad day without anyone judging you, and often find out some tips other people may have on medications, ways to cope--even nuitritional help.
  There's pretty much something for everyone here--I'm just now beginning to navigate beyond the support forums more myself. I think that you will be amazed at all of the discussions, forums, groups and faiths you'll find here and I hope it helps you here as much as it has helped me.
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2009 - 2:51PM #3
dpatel
Thank you for sharing your story. It's lovely to see that someone with such serious problems can have such strong faith in the Lord. God bless you.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook