Switch to Forum Live View Rheumatoid Arthritis med help
6 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2009 - 4:55AM #1
ififell4u
Hi I have RA on my hips and take ultram to cut the edge off.  In the past, I’ve taken up to four a day but right now, I’m down to one to two max a day.  I also use those patches that further help for the pain.  I am interested in checking for other pain relievers, though.  Any inputs?  Thanks!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 10:46PM #2
Inthesearms

I was diagnosed of having RA on my left foot a year ago and so far, I can move the two affected fingers.  Along with some medications, I also take ultram for the pain.  Yesterday, my 2 year old accidentally stepped on my hand and hurt my affected fingers.  Now they feel sore and painful.  Do you know any means of treating this.  I just thought of putting ice on them.  Seems to help but the swelling is still there.

Moderated by Merope on Mar 08, 2010 - 09:09AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 10:41PM #3
DOUG

I had severe arthritis in both knees from years of construction work.I would lay in bed at night gritting my teeth in pain with heating pads wrapped around them,wishing for a little sleep.

One day I was talking to someone & they mentioned glucosamine,so I went on a quest to find anything natural I could because I will not take prescription drugs that just cause other problems so you will have to have even more prescriptions.Its a vicious circle that the drug companys are getting rich from.God put the things we need on earth,you just have to find them.

Back to my quest.After testing various brands,I found Flexamine at wal-mart works the best.

2 weeks after I started taking it,85% of the pain was gone & as long as I stayed on this natural mineral,the pain stayed bearable with no side affects.After 6 months or so,the carlilage in my knees started rebuilding but there was still a little pain on rainy days.

I then discovered MSM which is a natural sulfer that is one of the main building blocks in cell regeneration that 95% of Americans are lacking in because cooking food destroys the sulfer.

I got on ebay & ordered 2lbs of pure MSM soluble powder & the 1st day that I took it,the rest of the arthritus pain that I had been living with for years was GONE.

I take my all natural FLEXAMINE & MSM everyday & I am pain free & I am now even running & I am in my 7th week of the P90X workout program.

Remember - all natural & no side affects is the way GOD meant it to be.

Let GOD be your Pharmacist on thing that you can research & find natural remedys for.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 9:12AM #4
Merope

The formatting on this thread has been fixed so that y'all can now post to it (and read it :-).

Cheers,

Merope
Beliefnet Community Moderator

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook