Switch to Forum Live View fibromyalgia treatment
5 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2009 - 2:36PM #1
amberlily4ever
Hi.  A few months back, I had an accident, a bad fall and I injured my lower back.  For  around I guess a couple of weeks after the accident, I felt very painful muscle spasms.  I was prescribed to use soma for the pain and thank God that helped relieve it.  At least I can say I had a good sleep! Now my question is, I used to have panic attacks and they seem to have decreased just after I started taking soma(can’t really remember, sorry).  Do you think that the decreased panic attacks could’ve also been the result of the soma pills?  Thanks for the advice.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 10:41AM #2
karbie
It makes sense to me. My mother was on it for a couple of years and I've had a very short dosage years ago myself. Part of the way soma works is as an antispasmodic to relieve muscle spasms. I've had a panic attack once and all of my muscles were very tense. Since soma reduces all that, it would keep everything from bunching up in the first place. That sounds like a win/win solution to me.
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2009 - 8:56AM #3
pengygal

Kiss For all the frusreated fibro. sufferers out there I would like to let you all knowI am ProSAVELLA  I have fibro and have MULTIPLE drug allergies so any of the "standard" treatments .......and i use that word standard very lightly........i have been allergic ooo or have suffered side efffcets. In June I waas put onthe new drug SAVELLA    it was a lilttle rocky in the beinning and after eight weeks of annoying side effects and the drs. playong with dosage and tme of day its taken I am feeling much better and after being outof the workforce I am going for a med asst./lab/ekg  certification in Sept.  Its not a miraclecure  but it helps me "manage"my fibro. Please feel free to contact me......forst pharm also has a RX program to help to pay for this drug Hugs

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook