Switch to Forum Live View I am a sexual abuse rape survivor, I was raped by a Roman Catholic Priest.
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 1:37PM #1
Ilovethelord
I am a sexual abuse rape survivor, I was raped by a Roman Catholic Priest. If anybody else has a similiar story, please share because I have extreme panic attacks and anger issues because of what happened.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 1:51PM #2
joycon
Hi IlovetheLord. I am so sorry you went through that. I can imagine that not only does it effect your feelings about yourself but also about the church. I can identify with the personal feelings though my father was my perpetrator.
I am wishing you all the best.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 3:41PM #3
Ilovethelord
Thank you Joy, I wish none of us had to go through with abuse and I wish you never had to go through what you went through either. It's hard to forgive sometimes and I know that it hurts being abused in any way and God Bless, best wishes and a lot of care and support from me 100%-Juan.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 10:02PM #4
joycon
Thanks Juan. How long has it been since you were hurt? I ask because time can change our reactions to the abuse.
I also want to commend you because not a lot of men that I am aaware of would admit to being raped.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 6:17PM #5
nnn123
so very sorry to hear about your horrible experiences.

I found this link for you:

S.N.A.P. (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests)

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

hope it helps...

take care now,
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 6:17PM #6
nnn123
so very sorry to hear about your horrible experiences.

I found this link for you:

S.N.A.P. (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests)

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

hope it helps...

take care now,
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 11:28PM #7
mjsheff
I survived being sexually abused by a priest. I wrote a book about my experience, entitled "LIV LIF".  It is a workbook on how to see the joy in life again. Please know that life gets better. 

Matt Heffernan
www.livlif.net
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2009 - 9:50PM #8
sixth step phobia
I was sexually abused not by a priest but by two stangers on two seperate ocassions at age 11 and 13 needless to say it has affected my life and i am just starting to recover from crippling addictions i suspect directly related to the dissociation from self and subsequent split at the moment of overwhelm

Luckily i found AA and have a loving god in my life and have forgiven to a certain extent

Love and hugs to you all
Spiritual awakening is awakening from the dream of thought
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook