Switch to Forum Live View FMS awareness items for sale
7 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2008 - 5:02PM #1
SunRaz
Hi everyone!

I recieved an email about items that are for sale that bring awareness about Fibromyalgia.
They are stickers, magnets and a purple bracelet. I wanted to share this with anyone interested in purchasing them.

Their available through Fibromyalgia Network. Here's the link:

http://www.fmnetnews.com/cgi-bin/quikst … tems&and=1

If you have problems, let me know!!

Love to all,
Sun
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2008 - 1:20AM #2
karbie
[QUOTE=O.C. GAL;541528]Thanks SunRaz for sharing this with us. I do get there news letter and I just havent been on the computer  much the last couple of months. I will have to order some awarness items...
Enjoy your day :)[/QUOTE]
Dear Sun & friends,
    I guess we must really count as a "REAL" disease if they are putting us on bumper stickers and all the other special awareness items. Maybe they will help people with massively thick skulls get an inkling we are really suffering and can't turn the symptoms on and off like a light swithc.
   I want to thank you all for your prayers for my family and me--my beloved Grandma died 6-4-08 at 3:11 in the afternoon. She kept trying to I guess "swim to the surface" but never quite made it.When we each took a turn telling her how much we loved her and how much she'd meant to us, she was able to squeeze our hands to let us know she'd heard us--I can't tell you what a blessing that was! Mother had put her in Hospice 2 days before, and they let us just be with Grandma for a few hours afterward--her roommate was a retired nurse and told us it was fine. My uncle had his usual 90 minute trip from Bloomington , IN to Indianapolis,IN take over 4 hours--we met at Grandma's house, and after talking for a few hours, he turned around and went back home! He needed to drive over to Illinois to get to Indianapolis, but her was determined he was going to see Mother that day to talk over things.
   Friday is the showing; Saturday is the Service, and you can bet that Sunday or Monday at the latest will be when he insists I go back with him-and I'm NOT READY...but I'll lose because my own doctor had only called down a prescription for an intrenched urinary tract infection for ##3 antibiotics. I called today to get a refill authorized  "She can't keep treating you over the phone",,,and if she'd done it right the first time, she wouldn't have needed to. If they'd run the urinary tract test last time I was in the doctor's office, it would have been OVER with before I was called down here a week early1 Don't worry--I am switching to the newest doctor as soon as I get back because her perception of me and my problems are not clouded by years of writing off my problems.
   Selfish as it seems--and as much as I love my husband and my son--I need to be ""HOME' home--the one they brought me home from the hospital in. I need to be able to spend some time in Grandma's house--and I want my Mommy, ok? My sister just moved back--but Grandma made me promise I'd be here with Mother and she wouldn't be home alone right after she died
    We all told Grandma it was all right to let go and go to all the loved ones she had waiting for her there--and since she was over 100, it's going to be some party...she dreamed she was there Wensday night--that she was at a party with all her loved ones in Heaven and it was more wonderful and beautiful than she could ever have imagined...and she wasn't paticularly delighted to wake up back in the nursing home in pain instead. So we each told her that it was okay to go back to that party; when Mother told her how much she loved her--that was the only time I saw Grandma shed any tears.
    Sorry-it's late and I needed to get this out. Thank God for low tech--when my niece got in from Florida to basically say good-bye to Grandma while she could still talk to her--my sister brought her husband's new digital camera...and it ran out of juice after about 2 pictures. I brought in a disposable one--so all those shots of us all together with Grandma on a day when Grandma had been cheered up because she was going to see us both. My son runs our digital camera...which I dislike because it means that I'm IN the picture. I'm used to following Grandpa Caulfield's way around it--"He who takes the picture is he who is not in it." That just didn't hold--one of the nurse's came in and took the picture with all the different combos of us.
   I know I used my family picture as an avatar for years, but I knew what it would do to me to see that picture when I logged on. that's why I'm now an inquisitive gerbil. When I was a teenager, bell bottom jeans were in, although mine were never real wide. My friend Terri had pet gerbils that she used to let out of the cage so they could run around in her living room and nibble on lettuce. Do you know what little gerbils do when confronted with bell bottom jeans/slacks? They go EXPLORING up the inside of  them until it becomes too narrow to suit them!  I didn't get up and shake them off-too cool for that...unless you count telling your friend to get them out of my pants!
  Grandma had an aura around her my whole life--she made people love her so easily--all the nurses loved her.
ANd after I saw how bad her legs were--I'm glad she got to leave before it got worse. I'm just waiting to wake up and have the world right-side up again and that will take some time.
Karbie
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2008 - 6:44AM #3
ceks1953
Karbie,  I send my deepest condolences to you and your family in your loss.  How wonderful that you had your Grandma for so long.  Take comfort in knowing she is in Heaven with all her loved ones and no longer in pain.  And what joy that you will see her again!!!!!!!!!  Remember Jesus said "Blessed are they who mourn, they will be comforted.  Hope you find comfort and healing and feel better soon.  CarolS.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2008 - 6:44AM #4
ceks1953
Karbie,  I send my deepest condolences to you and your family in your loss.  How wonderful that you had your Grandma for so long.  Take comfort in knowing she is in Heaven with all her loved ones and no longer in pain.  And what joy that you will see her again!!!!!!!!!  Remember Jesus said "Blessed are they who mourn, they will be comforted.  Hope you find comfort and healing and feel better soon.  CarolS.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2008 - 2:57AM #5
SunRaz
Karbie,

You know you have my deepest condolences for your loss. I remember when I lost my Grandma, it broke my heart. We were close and she was my biggest fan! I sure understand what your going through. Take some time and remember that she was one of the lucky people to have a long full life and pass with her loved ones all around her.

You take care and keep us posted on how your doing. i do hope you have a party and celebrate her life, you know that's what she would want.

Hugs, Sun
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook