Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View dark chocolate helps with fatigue
6 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 8:49AM #1
Feinics
hey all,
dunno if this has been mentioned before but my mum emailed this to me so i thought id pass it on to ye Its from the bbc website and says studies show, daily doses of dark chocolate may help with fatigue,

heres the full article

I thought it sounded the nicest treatment iv heard for CFS iv heard in a while :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 12:38PM #2
boodlebear
good article. I can see how it could. Bit of caffeine for a lift, bit of theobromine for another type of lift, slightly sweet so one' blood sugar level doesn't plummet. Thanks for sharing. Boodlebear
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 09, 2008 - 3:10PM #3
bubbysmommy
[COLOR="Sienna"][FONT="Tahoma"]Yet another good reason to eat chocolate! Given the fact that I may be the worlds biggest chocoholic, I am glad to hear that it does have some health benefits! Dark Chocolate really is better too!  Tastes more like cocoa. Thank you for the link. I printed this out & put it on the fridge for my husband to read. Now, when I ask him to bring home chocolate, I can remind him that it's cheaper than a prescription! [/FONT][/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 1:57AM #4
SunRaz
YUM!

I'll take that over any med, any day! I love dark chocolate. I've heard that there is benefit in moderate amounts.

Thanks for the info!

Hugs, Sun
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 7:06AM #5
boodlebear
Red wine and chocolate are supposed to go well together in moderation.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 4:22PM #6
Wilted_Rose63
[ read the article and unfortunately; "The researchers stressed the chocolate formulation used in the study was not currently available to the public. "

Well I don't care. I'm going to the store and buying all the dark chocolate I can find.  Ahhh,  dark chocolate covered cheries cordials, to die for. I've ben known to destroy 1/2 lb. before I get it home.
Adelle
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2008 - 8:28PM #7
boodlebear
The researchers can just get stuffed. I bought some whole bean chocolate put out by Hersheys and lo, it is unbelievable. You must buy some. Don't know if it helped wiht my fatigue; I was up at the crack of 6:30 AM and later went shopping. But it tasted good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 11, 2008 - 8:28PM #8
boodlebear
The researchers can just get stuffed. I bought some whole bean chocolate put out by Hersheys and lo, it is unbelievable. You must buy some. Don't know if it helped wiht my fatigue; I was up at the crack of 6:30 AM and later went shopping. But it tasted good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2008 - 6:38PM #9
nancyflorencecarlson
think it is cause it has a little caffeine in it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 3:28PM #10
karbie
I've preferred milk chocolate over dark chocolate....but I was mildly amused a few years ago when I finally found an encyclopedia to back up what I've claimed since I was a smart-ass teenager--that chocolate is a VEGETABLE!! As far as I was concerned, it came from the cacao BEAN...and that made it a vegetable. (Compton's Children's Encyclopedia DVD) Back then I could also make a case for chocolate chip cookies as nature's perfect food. Sugar comes from beets--another vegetable, flour for grains, butter for dairy, egg for protein...and another protein if you add in nuts, although I never used them. I SAID the logic was from when I was a teenager!!
  Anyone with PMS knows about the soothing effect of a chocolate bar! Money was very tight when I was growing up--but every month there would be a chocolate bar in the refrigerator for Mother. My sister and I were informed that this bar was MOTHER'S candy. We were not to touch it or ask Mother for as much as a crumb--it was HERS. She was surprised when I told her that Daddy had told us that, but when she looked back, she realized she'd always been allowed that one candy bar without us so much as looking as if we wanted some.
I like the chocolate covered cherry idea--I like the Cellas brand--which comes in dark chocolate as well--because there isn't any of that icky white stuff in with the cherries and the chocolate is wonderful. My favorite ones were some Phil's buddy sent us from Germany--the liquid they had inside was brandy! Great combo there-brandy, cherry, and dark chocolate.
Karen
Has everyone had some vegetables today?
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook