6 years ago  ::  May 03, 2008 - 4:58PM #1
Cadetdad
Megan is a 23 year old young woman who is a crack addict.  I met her last summer and took it upon myself to try and help oercome this terrible addiction & I hae failed miserably.   In order for Megan to support her habit, she turned tricks here in the mean streets of Trenton, NJ. Her mom died when she was 14, and she has been on one type of drug or the other ever since then. Crack, by far, is the worse. It caused her to do things that she would neer have thought of or done in her life, and she cannot stop.  I have gien her shelter, food, clothes, my loe and prayers, but it has done no good.  This past Wednesday night, she was arrested for carrying drug paraphanailia(sic), and was sent to the county jail, where she now sits..alone and afraid, and without support of any kind.  Her family disowned her, and I am the only "normal" person she knows. By that, I mean I do not do drugs, nor do I sell them, not do I solicit her for sex.  I have failed her and now I do not know what to do anymore. I am tired, worn out, depressed and defeated.  I pray to God for her safety...she is in a very bad place and could easily be hurt or abused by other inmates and guards.  What can I do for her?  I pray for her constantly and she is always on my mind.  It has distracted me from doing normal everyday routines for these past three days. Please pray for us both, that she survives and can recovery her sense of dignity and sobriety, and that I can help her and myself.
God Bless you all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 09, 2008 - 4:01AM #2
Wilted_Rose63
There is nothing you can do for her.  She needs to do it herself and that is to get into a 12 step program.  It may help you get a better understanding of her if you would attend some Alanon meetings.  They are all over,  just look in your phone book for Alcholics Annomous and maybe they can direct you.  You cannot control a junkie or an alcoholic, no matter what you do for t hem or how much you care about them.  The final decision is theirs and no one can make it for them
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2008 - 6:26AM #3
Cadetdad
[QUOTE=Wilted_Rose63;488091]There is nothing you can do for her.  She needs to do it herself and that is to get into a 12 step program.  It may help you get a better understanding of her if you would attend some Alanon meetings.  They are all over,  just look in your phone book for Alcholics Annomous and maybe they can direct you.  You cannot control a junkie or an alcoholic, no matter what you do for t hem or how much you care about them.  The final decision is theirs and no one can make it for them[/QUOTE]

i keep thinking, what would Jesus do ?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 2:52PM #4
dpatel
I pray for you both. God bless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 12:39PM #5
Handmaidenofgod

It is very sad to think she is were she is but then she of the st not doing drug's this will be the time she will need the word's of god the most to help her think of god at the lowest point in our lives when we call on god to clean us of our sin's he will answer . you think your not Helpping her .OH< BUT YOUR WRONG MY FRIEND!!! You are Helpping Her by your prayer's to God . He see's All and Know's All.Se it is Not in our Timing . But In the Father's timing. Just keep being Faithful in your praying for her. Also , I will pray Now.   Dearly, Beloved Jesus your word says that anything we ask,"In your name will be answered." I you handmaiden, ask you to reach out to this woman, and touch her in a way that the whole world will see the change in her. And pray that Your "Holy Angels will wrap there Wing's around her Now this hour in time." In the Name above all names on this earth "Jesus The Chisrt" . The only Son of the most High God amen. Hold close to your Faith my brethren Your prayer will be soon answered. handmaidenofgod.  When it doesn't Tell All What God has done.

Angels bring get tidings of God Holy Word theyb are messages from the Father to give us the news. Weather good or danger they Help us throw the strom of the situation. because they help me throw my sibbling death's. When I was 12yrs old and 30yrs later at 42yrs I lost tw0 brother's and there we important to God so he took them both back Home to Heaven with him. One only 3yrs9months and 22 days old. And another 27yrs would een 28 on may30 died jan.30th 1995. so Angels have many jobs in the number of angels ranks in Heaven. Thank our Father for there service. St. Micheal Jere' middle name was after you and I know your the Angel that fought Satan. Fight all the enemies that will decive all man kind. Amen Handmaidenofgod
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 12:44PM #6
Handmaidenofgod

Today in 1967 a brother was given to are family here pass a way in 1995.   But God restored lazarith to us! to show the is life after death.   Well drug use is a death and your prayer's as was Christ is the enlightenment to raise that death. So keep parying for her and I will too!  Christ, the Lord will raise her then tell all. handmaidenofgod.

Angels bring get tidings of God Holy Word theyb are messages from the Father to give us the news. Weather good or danger they Help us throw the strom of the situation. because they help me throw my sibbling death's. When I was 12yrs old and 30yrs later at 42yrs I lost tw0 brother's and there we important to God so he took them both back Home to Heaven with him. One only 3yrs9months and 22 days old. And another 27yrs would een 28 on may30 died jan.30th 1995. so Angels have many jobs in the number of angels ranks in Heaven. Thank our Father for there service. St. Micheal Jere' middle name was after you and I know your the Angel that fought Satan. Fight all the enemies that will decive all man kind. Amen Handmaidenofgod
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 9:51PM #7
puzzleman

Cadetdad, the girl has been put through the wringer of the streets and spit out. What about prison ministries, our chuch started a prison ministry and you got to see and talk to the inmates about the Lord. She doesn't have the distractions she has out of prison here is what I would do;

1) GET HER A BIBLE AND SEE WHAT MINISTRIES ARE AVAILABLE

2) WRITE HER AND PRAY FOR HER DAILY.

3)GET THE CLEARANCES NECESSARY TO VISIT HER AND DO IT.

4) HAVE THE PASTOR OF THE CHURCH MINISTRY VISIT HER.

5) FORGIVE YOURSELF SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO HIT BOTTOM SO THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS LOOK UP.  THIS MIGHT BE GODS PLAN TO HELP HER STRAIGHTEN HER LIFE OUT, TAKE CARE.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook