Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Links and resources for recovery
5 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2009 - 7:56PM #11
Agnosticspirit

Hallo andrew, thank you for sharing your links.... The first link makes sense... a doctor's opinion on AA as a valid recovery option, but how does the second link to the Blue Letter Bible apply? I searched for the word addiction and couldn't locate a relevant passage.... although I did find a topic related to Gambling under the FAQs section.

Do you have any suggestions for how this link can help with recovery?

Thanks so much,

agnosticspirit

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 4:07PM #12
Razz2

Apr 16, 2008 -- 2:57PM, mountain_man wrote:

There is also:  Women (or Men) For Sobriety.  LifeRing  Rational Recovery  Addiction  Alternatives  Kill the Craving  Moderation Management

Ok, I'm not sure if this will work - replying to something in the middle of a thread I mean.  

I've been reading some of the posts from those with addictions and my heart breaks when I hear of someone who is clean and/or sober for a length of time and just hate it.  Sobriety is to be lived not endured!  The answer is not just the "stopping" part but in the "recovery" part.  

I have been a member of Women for Sobriety for 4 1/2 yrs. and will have 4 yrs. of sobriety at the end of this month.  It's been an incredible journey but one that I don't regret taking at all.   For me the WFS "New Life" program not only saved my life but helped me build a much better life for myself.  The program is one that is based on turning our negative thinking into positive thinking and also for taking personal responsibility for ourselves.  No one person or thing makes us use, that's a choice we make.  And to then to follow that no one person or thing can make us stop.... again that's a choice we make.  I can choose to drink anytime I want but .... when I drink bad things happen.  So I choose not to drink to avoid those bad things. It's really that simple and that hard.  Making those right choices do challenge your resolve to take control of your life back from your addiction.  

Anyone interested in learning more about this wonderful program and the awesome women involved can go to the main website at:

www.womenforsobriety.org .  

There is also a very active online forum and you'll find the information about that there as well.  

The bottom line is that you have to be willing to sit with discomfort for a short time in order to get that long term happiness.  Many of our members use more than one program in their efforts and we encourage everyone to do what ever it takes to get them sober and staying that way.  

Razz2 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 31, 2011 - 10:50AM #13
Estacia

www.na.org

There you can find just for today readings and meeting locator in your area.

Stacey

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2012 - 12:53AM #14
care4sober

Thanks for this thread. You can also try sober.com and methadonedocs.com for updated references.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 9:42PM #15
care4sober

You can try sober.com too for great informational articles on addiction. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook