Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2008 - 4:19PM #1
ccma2
Thank You Jesus!!! It's really not me being lazy. I too have been diagnosed with Fibro and Osteo but not until 2 back surgeries and 1 anterior cervical fusion later.  I thought these surgeries were to relieve my pain . I was receiving LTD from my employer until they had me go through a Functional Capacity Evaluation. Oh my Lord...was that not only a joke but totally unfair because it ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT tell someone what I can and can't do in a 40 hour work week.!!!! As I suspected they canceled my income. How do you like that? The evaluator summised that based upon my putting pegs on a board for 10 minute at a time I was able to hold down a 40 hour work week doing office work. IT TAKES ME THREE JUST TO GET DRESSED SOMETIMES...JUST FROM THE PAIN. Those of us that suffer silently need to do something about this. If we are fortunate enought to have someone else support us financially then we are blessed. What about those who have lost their job, health insurance and some have lost their homes. What are we to do while we wait for the SSA to make a decision. Friends, please pray for each other until there is an easier way to endure this painful disease. God Bless You All and Keep you Safe
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2008 - 2:34AM #2
ima49erfan76@hotmail.com
I am running into the financial situation myself.  I had to move in with someone as I could no longer keep up a whole house by myself and there is no way I could shovel or cut the grass.  I was lucky enough to have one child that won't be 18 until March and won't graduate until June, so I could get on the disability part of W-2.  I was just told today that either when she turns 18 or when she graduates I will lose my benifits.  I don't know what I am going to do from that point on as it can take a year or so for SS.  I am going to look into other resources through DVR, and if I find anything out as far as other resources, I will let you know.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2008 - 3:16PM #3
ccma2
Thanks for a reply.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2008 - 3:21PM #4
Feinics
I hope for the day when when governments treat us like people and not just figures and statistics.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2008 - 12:19AM #5
SunRaz
I'm so glad you found us! Please keep us posted on how you do, and feel free to share with us about your story, anytime!

The difficulties being approved for SSDI these days are a little bit better than it used to be, but we've got a long way to go! I was approved for various health issues, one being Fibromyalgia. The others are degenerative disk disease, chronic fatigue, depression. I seem to have all the classic symptoms of fibro, TMJ, hypothyroid, IBS, vision, forgetfulness, 'fibro fog', I've probably left some out! Let's not forget the crippling pain!

With that said, I've met some of the strongest people I know on this board. We're all fighters and we're all winners! Someday we'll all win the battle over this illness. I think for the first time chemists are given financial consideration to come up with a medication to help us. We're all helping to give a voice to Fibromyalgia, even by being here.

Your so right about our medical system and the ss system. It's a mess. As close as we get to positive press, we get hammered by the opposite. All I know is how I feel everyday when I wake up and what I'm able to accomplish in a day... or try to accomplish! I just keep trying to do the best I can! Everyone here does!

So good to meet you!
SunRaz
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 3:54PM #6
Beth228
I also had to quit my job when the pain became unbearable.  To receive social security disability they want copies of al doctors you have seen, lab work, x-rays, etc.  I just jumped to get them myself.  I went to each doctor to get the copies and each hospital, etc.  My SSD was approved with no problem.  I also have severe respiratory problems and am on oxygen but I don't think it would have been a problem anyway.  Their real waiting time comes from doctors not getting their notes.  After you have been on SSD for two years you qualify for Medicare which is a real blessing.  I was luck enough to have a secondary insurance and most (except prescription copays) have been covered.  I was really bad at first and could not walk.   All of this was before they diagnosed my fibro.  Medicare covered a 13,000 wheelchair for me.  Now I am more active but have to rest often.  I have 19 doctors and 29 medications just to get through the day.  But even through this I have faith that GOD has a plan for me.  In waiting rooms I can speak about Jesus and how lucky I am to have come this far.  I really beleive that is my plan to teach others that have lost their faith;  My faith has never been stronger and if I get better it will be because of GOD's plan for me.  I put all of my trust in him.  GOD bless you and I  hope things get better.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2008 - 1:32AM #7
SunRaz
Hey OC Gal, I'm just down the road to the south, in SD County. I was born in Santa Monica.

We're getting the rain too! But at least we're not on the east coast! Their getting hammered with snow!

Hang in there, hope you feel better soon!

Sun
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2008 - 11:58PM #8
starskyslady2
Hi CC,
I just found this site a few days ago and WOW!  Is is Sunraz who started it?  What a genious! Anyhoo...I can totally relate, this disease is horrific and causes disasters left and right. I too had to quit working and it's caused MAJOR upheaval in my entire life.  I cannot work, and I did get my SSD but they pay you less then anthing.  I'm trying to look for another home for me and my children but like you said what are we supposed to do on that type of income??? Let aslone all the crap they put you through just to get on disability.  We are treated like second class citizens,. Hell, maybe 3,4,5th class...it's so nuts. I mean I worked my whole life and to have it come to this because we got sick,. This illness is real..it's dibilitating beyond belief.  It's hell all the way around.  I've had to try so many medicines over the years.  I feel like a guninea pig. Anyone else feel like that?  I finally found one thats working pretty well.  Have you or anyone else had the dilemma of not being able to get the medications you need?  Man, I wonder when the government or physicians or anyone will ever notice the real suffering and devistation this is causing many families.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers kiddo'...hang in there.

Eileen
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2008 - 12:01AM #9
starskyslady2
Hey OC,
wow....I cant believe reading your email there.  It sounds like we all are having the same major problems....I wish you well...I'll keep you in my prayers.  Oh, and I know exactaly what ya mean about "looking all together" on the outside....but, damn on the inside it's unreal.  So glad to have found this place...I don't feel so alone anymore.

Eileen
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2008 - 12:06AM #10
starskyslady2
[QUOTE=SunRaz;307620]Hey OC Gal, I'm just down the road to the south, in SD County. I was born in Santa Monica.

We're getting the rain too! But at least we're not on the east coast! Their getting hammered with snow!

Hang in there, hope you feel better soon!

Sun[/QUOTE]
Hey Sun,
I'd like to congradulate you on this wonderful site!
You Go Girl!  I hope your feeling better too..oh, by the way I'm on the east coast and we did get quite hammered with the *hitty weather..it laid me out for two days.   I hate the cold.  Do you feel like when it rains or is cold you feel worse? I do but then theres times in the summer when i go into a terrible flare up and I cant even explain why.  I'm not sure if I'm replying correctly to messages and I dont know if I'm on the right timeline here.  I'm not too good on the puter but can anyone tell me how I know if I'm reading the newest posts..(or do ya call them threads?) lol....hellllllp!

take care gf,
Eileen
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook