Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 457 of 1092  •  Prev 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 ... 1092 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 10:03PM #4561
Carelee

My dear friends,I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted, first I couldn't on, then just to tired to post.  It's been a lone week-end .  When to the counselor and to day the pain dr.  She wont give me my oxcoodone back and put me on lyica.  I'm so afraid it wont take care of the pain she said my pain didn't warrent the oxcodone.  I've been on it for 5 years.,  This is what happens when you have to change drs!!! They think your out seeking drugs.  I'm out seeking relief for my pain.

It just makes me so depressed.  Joycie I'm sorry you may not get to camp where you want but I envy you.  I would love to go camping and be out in the warm loving air. JB, I'm sorry you have to work on sat.  I know it may be a little more money but it a witch on the body.

my husband bought me a kindle and I can't get it to work.  I really just am not smart enough to do those things. That is not one of my talents.  it makes me so mad. I was so tickled when he got it not all want to do is pull my hir out. 

well, God Bless and loveto all of you. Carrie

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 10:50PM #4562
JoyceB53

(((((((KARBIE)))))))

(((((((CARRIE)))))))    Carrie, it's a shame that the new doc took you off the oxycodone, but to make it a little better, the Lyrica should do a pretty good job on the pain.  If it doesn't, go and bitch really hard to the new doc, see if you can make her understand that you're in real pain and not trying to get drugs.  Good luck.

Tired, not all that busy at work, but I had things to do, so I was busy, and right now I'm feeling every one of my 64+ years, sigh.  Yesterday and today both I made a tiny bit over $40, so that's good, I appreciate that, believe me.

Guess I'll have some vegetarian chili and a couple grilled cheese on wheat for supper.

Thank goodness tomorrow is "Friday."  God bless.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 3:55AM #4563
karbie

As it turns out, the last block is next week, meaning  that when the storms race by tomorrow we don't have to be out in them. the kids were over and brought pizza for dinner. Following a long-standing family tradition, they brought some from a local place they love, so the pizzas were the most mediocre they'd had from there....let's face it, some family traditions suck. but I had a long, lovely visit with my d-i-l, and she got to finish watching the Pink concert I had on tape.

Sooo noble--sent the pizza home with them for a snack/meal since she closes tomorrow and now neither of them has to cook.

I don't think it's so much a case of your doctor not believing you hurt as it is the ever more stringent laws about prescribing oxycodone in the first place. I think the object is to phase it out simply because so many deaths have been attributed to people buying and abusing it illegally. I've been on Lyrica, and it will help with muscular/skeletal pain. My main pain medication are fentyl patches--it's hard to believe that I used to be on just a 25 3 day patch when I started.

The only time I feel "buzzed" is when I'm exhausted or my allergies are going insane. I did take Lyrica for a few years and it works in a different method. Pain is a major stress factor--lowers our resistance to infections, ability to think, and ability to control our tempers. I used to sing besides just drug myself with food. My husband thought if i was singing I was in a good mood....nope, context is important. There was one Bewitched when Samantha was sent back in time to a southern plantation with Jack Cassidy as the owner. He was telling her the slaves loved them so much that they came up and sang to them at night. "If they love you so much, why are they singing "Massa's in the cold, cold, ground'?"

Food is comfort, enough energy to get through one thing, and my specialty of swallowing anger. Used to be my husband would make a nasty crack, head off for work, and I'd be seething. I knew I was eating emotionally but it was either that or take it out on our child. Not an option; now he figures if there's anything that can make me feel better  I might as well have it within reason. 

I apparently goofed on my kindle and now it's going to take hours to charge it back up again and that ticks me off because I was in the middle of a book. I got a touch screen one, but they don't cooperate a lot, do they? You'll get it, dear. My son gave me a little thing with a rubber tip to tap the screen with...but getting the hang of it turning a page when you want it too just takes a little time. Nobody can think straight when they hurt and it's the machine at fault, not you, okay?

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 11:58AM #4564
joycon

Hi everyone.

Joyce, glad you got good tips both days and hope it continues for you today. We have medicare but we have a medicare replacement plan which is, in our case, Advantra by Coventry. It is a PPO and it works pretty good for us most of the time. My brother has medicare and apparently he has to meet his deductable before the medicare kicks in and pays anything. Hope it works out well for you.

Internet shopping, huh? I do a little bit of that. I am getting a lot of my craft stuff from garage sales, my books too. I have way too much of both. But.... that pretty little baby blanket I made cost me NOTHING. THe books I have are all in good to very good shape. I did go buy embroidery floss yesterday and was amazed that, locally, it was $1 per tiny little skein. The nearest Hobby Lobby is 35 miles...

The RV damage is being processed by our insurance company. We will still be using it this weekend, but for a guest room(s). His stepsons and their families are coming here since we couldn't go there. We will have six for the weekend. Carrie, it is fun to be able to go camping but it is expensive. We are paying on the camper in addition to camping fees and diesel.

Karbie, glad you are again legal. LOL at your generosity with the pizza. I have not tried the NuSkin. I too have a pannus and get skin breakdown. I use Baza to heal it. I was really concerned about it with walking the 5K. I wised up and put it on before the race and after my shower. I had no breakdown!

Carrie, glad you are back. I hope the lyrica works for you like these ladies say it did for them. Oxydone makes depression worse as do most narcotics. How nice that hubby got you the kindle. Just be gentle with yourself and don't try to learn about it if you are in a bad mood. I still haven't completely figured out my camera, cell phone, or computer. I have some music I down loaded into the computer and got into the cell phone, but some that I have not figured out how to move yet. I have photos of me during the 5K on the phone that I don't have in the computer yet... and I'm not exactly sure I got photos in there before.

Got a prayer chain request from my pastor earlier. A friend, Rick Kuder, who I worked with for years, has had inoperable cancer (gallbladder, etc) that was in remission. It has been back the last couple of years and we got word that his tumors have all grown. I would appreciate any prayers.

Have a good one! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 12:05PM #4565
CarenR

Joyce-I will pray for Rick

hugs, CAren

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 11:01PM #4566
JoyceB53

Karbie, Joycie, Caren, good evening, and I hope y'all are well.

Joycie, prayer has been sent.  Question:  Is "pannus" the medical term for what I call my "pendulous belly??"

Nothing much to say tonight, I'm tired.  We haven't been awfully busy these three days, but I have...prep, side work, some cleaning, etc.  There is never any reason to be bored when you work in a 24/7 restaurant, lol.  Made right about $40 again...think this is some kind of a record:  $40 three nights in a row, lol.

Ok, y'all sleep well, hear?  God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 5:56AM #4567
Carelee

Dear friends,

well, it's 4am and I can't sleep so I just put on a pot of coffee and will forget trying to sleep.  JB, I think I'm going to go down to a Village Inn on the corner and see if I can get on part-time. I do know what it's like to feel like you have worked your buns off and then cut your tips and feel like you worked for nothing.  I will color my hair to make me look younger and say a lot of prayers.  SSI just doesn't cut it.  I can make a little exact and not have to worry so much about money.  Every little bit helps.  My mom use to say what ever you make it's more than you walked in with.  Her being a waitress is what put my dad though school and kept what food there was on the table.  My dad got his PHD, when I was 12 years old.  They said they had made it to the top.  I was never sure what top they were talking about.  by the time they got a good income I was out of the house and poor as a church mouse.When my dad started teaching he made $5000 dollars a year. Not much.

Just curious, has anyone ordered my book and what they thought?  My account at the company doesn't show anything till June 1st.  My sister says I should sent it to Ellen Degener (misspelled) show.  I need to get my son to help me set up a web page.

It's always nice to have the kids come over, even for a little while.  My kids are so busy I never really get to see them for a real visit.  I do get to get the boys this week-end.   My middle daughter went to a yard sale and bought them a wooden train set.  It's hand made has 6 cars with logs, passager car and a carbos It is just darling! I'm sure they will love playing with it.

My oldest grand daughter turns 17teen on the 12th.  She likes "Taylor swift" perfume, but it's 60 dollars a bottle.  Don't know if I can swing that are not. I'm going to see if her other grandmother wants to split it. Great Clips has hair cuts on sale so I hope to get one.  They are $7.oo dollars. I think that's pretty reasonable.  Money stuff just drives me down the hole where I feel lost and covered with do-do.

Joyce, I know when we lived down by South Pardre and would go fishing for the week-end you could count on spending a 150.00 for food, bait,parking spot and then gas.  But there is something about getting away from everything. Building a fire makeing smores and watching the stars  Then the smell of someone cooking bacon  first thng in the morning.  Great fun!!!

well , I'm going to say good night

Lots of love

Carrie

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 10:14AM #4568
CarenR

Carelee- good luck getting a job

joyceb-what fun thing are you going to do on your days off.?

my meds kicked in so  I feel better.

each day I pack more boxes- my oldest daughter Michelle is coming down from Las Vegas for mothers day and to help me move...

Today I iwll eat a salmon filet. and a  backed pototoe with sour cream.. and garlic bread.

JOyce- have fun with your company

May God bless you today it will be 94 degrees. today

hugs, cAren

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 12:15PM #4569
joycon

Joyce, glad you made decent tips. Sorry you were so tired. I have spent about 7 hours reclaiming our guest room for the weekend. Danny uses it for his 'fishing" hobby. Every flat surface was covered with fishing gear, parts, paint, etc. I still have to clear the bed, wash the bedding, vaccuum, and clean the carpet. That being said, he got up and went garage saling with his friend. I was too tired and I have lots more cleaning to do.

The extra skin and fat hanging below the belt line in the lower area of the stomach is called the pannus, or abdominal “apron” according to a cosmetic surgery site.

I was taught that was correct. According to wikipedia though it is pannicula or panniculum.

Thank you for the prayers for Rick.

Caren, thank you also. Hope your packing is going well. So smart to do it bit by bit. Glad your daughter is coming to help.

Carrie, sorry you couldn't sleep. I love to see my grandkids and most times I am glad to see them go. I have not bought your book, though I intend to do so. I am about $400 behind in monthly bills and I have been putting off paying the bills because I know it's going to be painful and depressing.

You know, getting a part time job might be good for you just to get out and see other people too. So good luck with that.

Oh man, I need energy to get up and going.

Have a blessed day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 4:18PM #4570
JoyceB53

Good afternoon, all y'all!  82ºF and cloudy, with t-storms forecast for Friday...of course:  I need to be out to do several errands, darn it, and none of them any fun, albeit they are necessary.   I have to drop off an overdue book at the library(I'll pay the fine when I go in the next time, honest), go to Kroger and buy the money orders for utilities and other annoying bills, and then to K-Mart to pick up my pain meds.  The only fun involved will be at Kroger, *IF* I have enough money, and I'll pick up the new issue of "InStyle."  LibraryLady and I both love that magazine, even tho to look either one of us you'd think we didn't care on whit about fashion, lol.   We sure do enjoy looking at it, tho.

Carrie, good luck with the part-time job.  I hope you get hired and then I hope you enjoy it.  Keep track of your hours and money so that you don't lose any of your SSI, y'know.  Your mom and I say the same thing, lol:  Whatever you make is more than you came in with!!!

Joycie, let's call it an apron, and just know that I have a big one, sigh.

Seven hours is a long time to spend cleaning up someone else's clutter.  Did Danny help you?  Just another reason why I'm so glad I'm single, lol.

Caren, no fun planned this weekend at all...just taking care of bills, and spending lots of money that could be spent so much nicer, like some new clothes, or some groceries, you get the idea, right?  But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I'm glad you're feeling better.  Don't hurt yourself while doing that packing, hear?

94ºF is too hot.  I'm already ready for fall and winter, and it's only May.

Well, I'm dressed, the toilet and bed are taken care of, the first load of laundry is drying and the second one is waiting patiently, and the dishes are in soak.  I'm giving some serious thought to saying the heck with all of it and going in to lie down for a couple hours.  I didn't sleep really well, so I'm really close to falling asleep right here at the computer.

Supper is already taken care of, so I don't have to do any cooking unless I decide to heat up last night's chili mac.  If I don't want that, I just put a chicken/macaroni/cucumber/red pepper/onion salad in the 'fridge, which will be chilled enough to eat in a couple hours...or whenever I get around to eating supper.

Last but not least, one of the first shift servers called me a little while ago to see if I'd like for her to work Saturday afternoon instead of me.  Duh.  That's a no-brainer:  YES!  So she's going to ask the LR tomorrow at work and then call me and let me know what's going on.   That would be very nice!!

So, I hope everyone has a good evening, sleeps well, and has a good Friday.  God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 457 of 1092  •  Prev 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 ... 1092 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook