Page 453 of 858  •  Prev 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 ... 858 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 2:52PM #4521
joycon

Karbie, I would give up being a neat freak if it meant I could also give up the fractures, lol. Seriously glad the injections are working and hope the next one on Wed. does also.

I like the words you wrote: "Love comes at you, and feeds your soul". That is how it used to be with me and my first biological grandchild. He is the child of my heart but now is so into being a young man (15) that he doesn't need his Mimi as much.

Your son sounds very intelligent and talented.

Caren, I hope your granddaughter reported that kidnapping attempt?! How awful!

Yes, I am in KS. Lap is in OK, as you know, and Carrie is in Iowa. I just called Carrie and she said they were fine though a power surge got her computer. She said she can not get it fixed until the end of (or first of) the month when they have money.

Joyce, I agree that I tend to not post more when I am down which is when I probably need it the most. I do still come and read... unfortunately I spend hours online and it's not playing games. I have several BN subscriptions as well as the Flylady subsriptions, then a few personal e-mails and I can be hours, especially since I am a slow typist. I do see the benefits of maintaining accountability. That is something I struggle with.

Yesterday I went to church. Then the Women's Mission Union (WMU) hosted a dinner and special entertainment for mission offering. There used to be several women involved in the WMU. They aren't involved now. The pastor's wife is the chair and her daughter is the secretary. There are two other women, Sonya and Miss Jean (elderly) who attend. Sonya put all of this together. She made the arrangements for the music, bought the food that WMU was providing. We each also brought food we had bought prepared at home.  Sonya and I started cooking at 2PM yesterday. Miss Jean came in later and helped set the tables after Sonya and I set up the tables and the chairs. We expected 50 people and didn't have enough chairs. A couple of other women who used to attend WMU came later and pitched in. At nearly the last minute the pastor's wife and daughter (28) came in bringing their food dishes. Then they did nothing but visit with others while we finished preparations.

I was hurting so badly that I left before the music program ended. I don't know who helped clean up...

This is really bothering me and I am seriously considering confronting them at the WMU meeting on Sunday. This is not an isolated incident and rumor (I know) is that this behavior is why women are no longer attending WMU. At the same time I have to admit that I am a Martha, Luke 10:38 - 42, who complained when she was doing all the work and her sister Mary was not....

Have a beautiful day everyone!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 10:38PM #4522
JoyceB53

Karbie, I don't think I'd like reducing code, either.  In fact, never thought that I'd want a job that had anything at all to do with computers.  My computer is for my spare time, to have fun with, and I want to keep it that way.

Joycie, I think you should speak up about the way things are handled at the WMU(did I get that right?)dinners.  Nobody should have to do all the work, and somebody needs to be assigned the after dinner clean up.  Or at least that's the way I look at it.  Seems to me that you have a legitimate complaint.

Nothing new to talk about, work was ok, had a little bit of rain, yada yada yada.  God bless.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 1:02AM #4523
karbie

My Grandma was a Martha until she finally had to slow down and become a Mary...but she would have made sure that the guilty parties were confronted. If their positions are only honorary, they still need to pitch in and help. It's called "setting an example". Perhaps there should be scheduled shifts..or just that the ones who come too late to help set up or cook should be left to clean up.You do not foist all the work on just a few of the members.

"Serving" doesn't mean "showing up". Of course, we were told that if we didn't have money to give, the Lord accepted time and work just as well.

However, if being the President means just showing up, run for office.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:44PM #4524
JoyceB53

Hey, everybody, hope y'all have had a good day, safe and productive.  We were busy at work and I feel like somebody beat me up and bruised me.  So that's all I've got for tonight.  Sleep well, hear me?  God bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 11:42AM #4525
JoyceB53

I reckon it's a good thing that I don't mind talking to myself, eh?  As I tell people that catch me doing it, "I live alone.  Who else am I going to talk to?!?"  So I can do it here as well as anywhere else.

Grey and cloudy out there, and about 59ºF.  Hopefully the rain will hold off until quite late this evening, as LibraryLady and I are going to be out this afternoon:  Library(duh!)and Aldi.  My grocery situation is pretty low right now, so I need to buy something, not sure yet what, but something.  Potatoes and onions, for sure! 

Work yesterday was interesting, to put it nicely, lol!  From 2pm-5pm it was just the Large Rodent and me, which surprisingly enough is usually perfectly ok...and it was yesterday, too.  Even tho he and I fight like cats and dogs on the days that he's going to leave, when we have to work together, we usually end up getting along just fine, to the point that I sincerely wish he'd be my regular 2nd shift cook!  At 5pm, the third shift cook came in early to relieve the boss, and that was fine, too, I enjoy working with him, as well.  Besides, he asked me to marry him, lol.  My answer, after asking a few questions, was no...which I'm sure was a relief to him, as I'm sure he wasn't serious.  And even if he was, the answer would still be no, as I have no desire to have any kind of relationship at all.  Never again?  No, I'm not going to say never, but for sure not now or any time soon!  

The 5pm girl came in on time, and for the first hour flitted in and out of the store, talking on her cell phone.  Then her boyfriend showed up around 6:15 or so, and next thing I knew, she and he were sitting out in her car...and she stayed out there for over 30 minutes.   Around 7:15 or so she informed that she was leaving at eight, as she had to babysit for her sister.  Really?  Funny that she never mentioned it to the boss before he left, and funny that she didn't say anything to me until after she and the guy sat outside for over 30 minutes, right?  Do we think she was going to babysit?  Nah, not for a New York second!  So, at 8pm, out the door she went!  Thankfully we had been, and stayed, wicked slow:  I wrote the grand total of $13 guest checks(and still made $34, so for the sales, I did really well and was contented).  When the Rodent called at 9pm to do his nightly check-in, I busted my helper.  I have freakin' had it with these young girls who come in and totally disrespect the job.  It's the management's fault, they allow them to get away with it, but no matter who is responsible, I for one, am tired of it.

Got around ten this morning, don't know why, but I just seemed ready, lol.  I may pay for it later on, I know.  I'm dressed, that bed is made, I've vitamined and medicated, and I've called in my refills to K-Mart(they were already filled thru their automated refill system...gotta love it...but they hadn't called yet to let me know)and to the Pain Management Clinic to find out about my co-insurance for my appointment tomorrow.  Found out that last month's appointment had been taken care of because I've been overpaying?!?!?!  Go figure...but it was nice to hear, lol.   Anyway, the lady I spoke to told me bring $14.50 to be on the safe side.  No problem, I can handle that, because up until last month I was paying $25 per visit.  I have NO idea what's changed here, but I sure like the $10 difference!!

Other than Aldi and the library, I have no clue what I'm going to do today...nothing really needs to be done, so probably I'll just play all day:  Draw Zentangles, read, play on the computer, typical lazy day.  Love it!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:33PM #4526
Carelee

Dear All,

My son got my computer to work!!!!  I'm so happy! JB, I don't understand how your boss can just let people come and go as they please and treat the ones, like YOU, who do their job like do-do. Makes no sense to me. If you would have got hit you would have been running your legs off with no help.  Besides when people don't get what they want they don't tip which makes it even worse.  It's so depressing here rain and cloudy.  When to the psy doctor yesterday.  He put me on abilitfy.  I haven't got it yet but I don't know about it.  I'll finish this later someone just came in. lovecsarrie

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:58PM #4527
MarleneEmmett5

Ladies:
Sorry that I've not been around so often but I'm in the process of moving to
West Palm Beach, Flordia~ I'm moving out of NYC on June 1!!!!

This happened a few weeks ago when my BIL made me an offer I couldn't
refuse~ my family is paying for us to pick up roots,move to Flordia,
they're replacing my furniture and my BIL is giving his brother a job!!

I'm looking foward to this and my new life.

I'm going to be extremely busy so no real time to post.
Will do so after i get all settled in Flordia.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 5:10PM #4528
karbie

Dear Marllene--Bon voyage! How great a deal you have--and what fun to go furniture shopping at the same time for a new life in Florida! This winter the white crunchy stuff underfoot will be sand instead of snow and ice. All I can say is that your b-i-l  has extremely good taste to want you there so badly!

You had every right to bust little Miss "I get paid even if I don't work.' Perhaps she'll learn that in order to be  paid for a prolonged period you need to show up, do your job, and finish your shift unless something is really, really wrong with you. LR would have discovered she left before the end of her shift without permission simply from the time cards. While it would be easier to fire her, I had a vision of him materializing behind her in a puff of smoke and making her clock out whenever she was on her cell phone, sitting outside the building  with her boyfriend, or generally being a slacker. Or making her initial all of the time she was getting docked because she was sitting on her thumb and rotating instead of working.

Maybe they call them 'slackers" because they expect others to pick up their slack...not realizing that not everyone in the world is happy to do their work for them. I've heard the excuse that it didn't make any difference because the stuff got magically done somehow.

Why do most guys assume the first thing we'd do if something happened to them was go out and marry the first person who comes along and then spend their money on them? I don't think that I would get involved with another man if anything happened to my husband. Among other things, it takes a long time to train them. To paraphrase "Tis better to have loved and lost, then marry someone and been bossed."

As for talking to yourself-Daddy always said that he talked to himself because it was the only way to be sure to have an intelligent conversation. lol.

To amuse myself, I counted up--so far it's 29 books and 25 stories from anthologies. I'm greedy--got one with 32 stories for $1.99. I'm also a sucker for free books. I'm an omnivorous reader. My husband cracked up when he saw one collection is named "trashy fun" and one is "supernatural trash." some things I've re-read, and in-between I play games on it. Unfortunately some of it is due to the nights I hurt too much to sleep.

Messed up and showed up for a nerve block just to find it's next week, but I finally got the Christmas and birthday checks cashed. Now I just need to get a haircut and my driver's license will be next. Sometimes they give reminder calls, sometimes not--but I'd rather look like an idiot than just hand over $100 no-show fee.

Aching and cranky, but I did get up, got dressed, and fixed breakfast. I can't have anything before a proceedure, but I still made coffee and zapped him breakfast yesterday. It's a toss-up--the queen-sized has double the memory foam topper plus the TV, but not the computer. I just wanted to check in and see how my friends were doing.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 11:50AM #4529
MarleneEmmett5

Karbie:
Brother in law wants us there so he can help his baby brother.
Brother in law owns 24 Duffy's restrauants, they're glorfied sports bars
like Applebee or Chillies~ ONLY Better.

I'm not going furniture shopping~maybe shopping for new sheets/towels.??
BIL is getting us a new bedroom/livingroom~we're bring only the pieces we need
And all of our clothes,books,comptuer,files and kitchen things, like pots/pans
silverware~ throwing out a lot of stuff I won't need.
We're even leaving our grill for the new tenents to use~hopefully that will be
our present neighbours up stairs???

I'll call you and give you my new address & phone when I get them

Will still be on here~ just give me time to get acclamated to my new surroundings!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 11:54AM #4530
MarleneEmmett5

Ladies:

I'M passing on a very good tip/program that will keep your computer free & clean of
any & All nasty viruses that a computer can pick up

go to www.microsoft security essentials.com  then go and download this program.

you won't be sorry and best of all it's FREE doesn't cost a cent!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 453 of 858  •  Prev 1 ... 451 452 453 454 455 ... 858 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook