Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 4 of 1092  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1092 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
10 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2008 - 10:34AM #31
CarenR
Good sunday morning,    I am glad that no one was affected by the hurricane......

I bought a lemon pie and now  I have to eat it all since I live alone........... it is only 3000 calories...  wow.... should have left it at the store......... ha ha ha....

Since our depression  place is gone I guess we post here.. now....

May God bless you this day.....

hugs, Caren
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2008 - 4:13PM #32
nightwitch
[FONT=Verdana]Today is International Disturbed People's Day[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Please send an encouraging message to a disturbed friend... just as I've done.[/FONT]
[[FONT=Verdana]I don't care if you lick windows,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]take the special bus,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]or occasionally pee on yourself..[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]You hang in there sunshine, you're very special.[/FONT]
[COLOR=navy][FONT=Verdana]Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad, is a fullminute of happiness you'll never get back.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][IMG]aolemb://9DB52FDC-7BDA-4F06-A2B4-3FB1C76166FF/file018.gif[/IMG][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0000a0][FONT=Verdana]Today's Message of the Day is:[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0000a0][FONT=Verdana]Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0000a0][FONT=Verdana]Send to all the people you love and don't want to lose in 2008, even me.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0000a0][FONT=Verdana]If you get 3 back, you are a great friend.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=#0000a0][FONT=Verdana]Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I hope this make everyone smile like I did.. my friend sure sent this to the right person :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2008 - 4:42PM #33
nightwitch
Hi to all I wish the picture that went with my post had come up.. they where really cute..
Lap.. hmmm are you sure you where not eating "brownies" and yes I know you know what kind I mean !! :eek:
Caren... hmmm sounds so good.. sent my a piece of that pie... I know what you mean.. I try to not get stuff like that if my nephew is not here. but I still have cake from Wed,,, and I am going to get me a nice big end piece
Keegon... How are you.... I know you are not behaving...
Karl.. come back soon we need men... on the threads.. let me make that clear... :p
Sharika.. hope you end up owning part of that school.. and that Issac is doing better..
joy glad your post came thougth.. I swear I think Bnet know when I am having a bad day.. it keeps logging me out even with the keep me log on button checked... Gremlins.. they are every where..
  JoyceB.. thinking of you..
to all take care my two indoor doggies are flopped on the floor they gave up on getting dinner.. not that they needed it but I need some to
well not really but sound like a good excuse

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2008 - 10:11AM #34
karbie
Dear Sharika,
I am so proud of you! Even when my son got his IEP during his sophomore year, no one EVER notified the teachers. I saw to it then that every teacher he had received all the information and so-called "Safety Net" health necessities due to his IBS. Even in high school some teachers refused bathroom privileges to the students or let them go once a year. I got sandbagged at the first meeting because the psychologist who tested Chris had interrupted him during a timed math test but never gave him back that 8 minute interruption and graded him as if he'd had the whole time. My favorite was him having marked that I had alcohol in the refrigerator all the time and made it available to my teen age son. "I may have made some transcription errors". Thank God he retired and we got someone who didn't make up his mind before he saw my son.
  I don't need to tell you to document everything--it sounds like that time line you sent your father can be a real asset. I know that all the teachers in my son's old high school now get those reports because I have a friend who works there and she sees to it personally.
  You spend so much time being supportive for everyone here! I find myself wondering how many "Isaac's " they have done this to before. Then I think of all the children who are going to be spared this ordeal after you nail them to the wall. It is such a blessing your son wasn't harmed...but it was NOT a good call.
   I did get a good call myself this weekend. The lumps in my throat are blocked salivary glands and while there is obviously an infection going on, it's BENIGN!! My doctor called me Saturday afternoon after she'd seen the scan and didn't want me to go on worrying. I really appreciate it; she did that when I had a lump in my breast a year after she made me get a baseline mammogram. Her office made me the first call that evening to tell me it was benign and  it went away about a month after that--Saturday she called me herself! If I still need surgery--so what? He's board-certified and I've had my throat cut twice...too bad he can't just do a face lift as long as he's in the general area!
I guess I'll need to bring a sample jar or two that day so I can have samples for the insurance company. I'm so tired of arguing with them that I decided the next time I had a surgery where something was removed, I want it. Then when they aren't sure if I really needed the surgery I can send them the parts and they can judge for themselves.  Like when they show you that your air filter needs to be repaired...But I will address it further up the ladder because the people who work customer service don't deserve that.
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2008 - 1:59PM #35
joycon
The pain is less and the sun is shining. Wishing us all a great day!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2008 - 3:37PM #36
nightwitch
oh wow they are back up... I just sent Keegon a long email because I was going into forum withdraw.
(((((Karbie ))) great news.. hey ask if he can just tighten things up a little while he is there.. I do not blame you about the insurance. my father use to have to fight with them every year when he got his mamogram.. every year he had to remind them that he was a breast cancer survior

Karl.... see I knew you would miss us.... and hey my humor is not all that is wicked.... it a guy thing.. you know caveman never let other cave man see you seweat :rolleyes:
  Joycon.. glad you are feeling better.. cooler her but no sun oh well can't have it all
  I am finding my self feeling a little down.. just little things that get me to thinking about all kinds of weird stuff,, things from year ago and future.. I wish there was switch where I could turn my brain off but then knowing me I would forget to turn it back on.  had a couple of FD  calls the other night and for some reason they got me to thinking about the times I had to call nashville FD to help get mother up.. strange... lawyer called to see if I had the inventory done the court appointed extutor.. listing all that stuff made me sad.. and I was only having to list the bigger stuff.. sad to see it all on one list of paper... oh well enough woe is me shit:o
to all the rest ... peace be with you and in your home..
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2008 - 6:23PM #37
Sharika1991
Well it looks like B'Net is finally back up!

I think the stress of last week brought my immune system down.  I have the bug that Don had and am having a rough time shaking it.  Don still has a rough cough, but is doing a bit better.

On the Isaac-school front: Don is still waiting to hear back from the principal of the school.  He found out today that the principal had not been at school but at meetings downtown.  Don is taking his time, but getting all the info in order.  Right now we are considering homeschooling Isaac through the Florida Virtual School.  I have a little more research to do, but as far as I know he'd go for free since he's a FL resident.  His girlfriend, who's become another target of the vice principal, is looking at transferring to the local community college through a program they have with the local public high schools.

Well my cold meds are kicking in and I am getting sleepy.  Take care and I'll catch up with you later.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2008 - 7:20PM #38
keegon
Well, here I am for just a few minutes.  Wore myself out today moving furniture (bad idea) in the room I want to set up all the dollhouses and selling stuff.  Will try to start selling things at Christmas bizzares shortly.  Trying to get some set up, so far only one in November.

Saturday I did the Church flea market.  It was really hot and humid.  Only made $80.25, but got rid of some unwanted things, sold mostly CD's.  They didn't have but one sign out front.  If I'd known that, I would have put them up myself.  Not a big crowd.  Oh well, got the other one on Post on the 27th.  Me and 2 of my neighbors are planning on having one in early October.  Really need to down load.  What I have left (exept the CD's) will be given to GoodWill or other places.  Really need to let it all go, I need to finally straighten those rooms out.

I'm still sore from the surgery and have been trying not to sit too long.  I need to get the hedges clipped and within the next month, clear out the garden boxes.  I'm still getting tomatos and beans.  Boy will I miss those tomatos.

Seems like B-net doesn't want us together...*LOL*
Karl:  I've tried to stay off line but doesn't work for long.  It's amazing how much other stuff I have to get done and once I start...the day is gone with nothing really getting done.  I suppose I should never have gotten this one.  Before I could only get on at night because hubby was on during the day.  Just like the stop smoking thing, it takes will power, which it seems I don't have any.

I haven't tried to make an appt. with the Pulmonary clinic but will soon.  I know I need to stop before something else serious happens.  It's just so hard.

Linda:  thanks for the email, and I agree with Karl....you evil little thing...*LOL*
To everyone else, have a blessed night if you can get on to see this.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2008 - 9:09PM #39
lapatosu
Okay - I think I've finally caught up to the point where I was, when the system crashed.  I was heading to your page, Nightwitch, to check out your photos.  I really liked the Eeyore tatoo. And such blue eyes you have!  For some reason, I had imagined your eyes would be brown.

Sharika - My family is dealing with the cold thing as well.  Son-in-law was off work today, the middle daughter is still in the final shake-the-cough phase, and my youngest is at the beginning I-just-feel-tired-and-my-head hurts phase.  I remember that Isaac did well, the last time he was homeschooled.  It might be the best way to go.

Karbie - Great news on the tests, though I am sorry to hear that you are going to have to have the surgery.  What a mess.  Speaking of insurance, we have finally found a health policy that sounds affordable for me, once my husband retires and I'm no longer covered.

Keegon - you have a whole lot more energy then I do.  I'm glad you were able to sell some of your CD's.  I was always amazed at how many song titles you know over on the Depression Game board. Now I know it is because your CD collection must have been huge!  I hope the pain levels off, and your tomatoes stay squirrel free.

Joycie - Good to hear that Kansas is still there. I don't know what it has been like for you folks, but we have had three perfect fall days in a row now. It has made all the difference in my energy level.  Though not as high as Keegon's *smiles* it is a lot easier to get things done when the temps are in the 70's, instead of the 90's.

Karl - Good to see that you are back. I often take breaks from different discussion groups, but this seems to be the one that I always come back too.  I think it is because I so badly need the reality check of other people with uni-polar.  I also really appreciate the religious tolerance/respect that NHT insists on. :-)

JB - I hope life is good in Georgia.  I made buffalo chili with beans for dinner tonight.  Lunch was baked chicken thighs - using the recipe from Oprah's cookbook, I think the title is Rosie's Kitchen.  It is still the best fried chicken that isn't fried recipe that I've ever tried.

It is getting late, so I'll wish everyone a peaceful night's sleep, and I'll see you in the morning. 

It
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2008 - 11:45PM #40
joycon
Linda, sorry things are rough. I bet it was hard to make that inventory.

Sharika, sorry you have the crud. The daughter has it, I hope she keeps it to herself.

Lap, it was beautiful today. Hubby, b-i-l, and I went fishing. 4 hours in the sun after nearly 2 weeks of gloom and rain.

Keegon, take it easy, woman, you just had surgery!

Hi Karl.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 1092  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1092 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook