Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 1092  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1092 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
10 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2008 - 3:18PM #21
nightwitch
Keegon,,,, ((((SISTER)))) glad it went ok sorry that dr was a arse.. I hate ones that are like that... been thinking of you... sending much love your way
Sue ... I am sorry but I had to laught... I can see it all now.. first the stress of the car breaking down, drama at the dearlership and then a long drive.. I do understand what you mean.. say thanks but to much thanks get a little old.. it like if some one keeps saying you are pretty over and over again .. not that I every have that problem:D.. you one feel uncomfotab;e then you start wondering if they mean it.. and even if you know they mean it anything said over and over again is you are already stressed just nags at that last nerve.. but at least she did appreated it..
  Joyceb53.... i will just have to take you word for it about the tofu ... I just do not know what I am going to do.. for now nothing as far as seeing anyone..
and I know just how you feel about not wanting to do anything.. then for me I feel guilty because I should have got things done.... oh hell just take a day to do nothing it is not like the stuff is going to be nice and just go away..
  Lap....how are you ... what is the weather doing..
Sharika.. I am glad that Don can take this on... I know you can do it but some times it is soo nice to have some one else take care of it.. just be sure that they learn not to act that way to any child with problems..
  Karbie.. glad you surgeon is checking every thing out.. I will be thinking of you and sending strength you way..
  To all the rest of the crew  HI>>>
ok a funny thing I saw today.. I saw a fairy ring.. it did not have the toadstools all the way around but did have the different colour grass.. what was funny ?? it was in front yard of a local church... that just struck me as funny...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2008 - 8:55PM #22
banditt56
Lets all keep those in the path of Hurricane Ike in our prayers.................
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2008 - 9:56PM #23
Sharika1991
Hi All!

Isaac, his girlfriend and I have spent the day getting all the necessary documentation in a row for a formal complaint against the school's vice principal and her secretary.  Never did I expect that I would be putting together information to turn over to the ACLU regarding Isaac's student rights' being violated.  Even Don's IT Director is helping us by researching various state statutes to see what can be used against them.

It has become crystal clear that what happened on Wednesday to Isaac was deliberate.  I don't want to go into detail, but it was not hard to put all the puzzle pieces in place.  What was interesting is that yesterday afternoon I left a very curt message on the secretary's voicemail telling her I needed a call back regarding the incident with Isaac.  I get a call this morning from her boss, this vice principal.  Now Don made it a point to call and speak to the secretary as she is the one that sent Isaac back to class.  This woman lies worse than Serena, who's only 7 years old!  Don put so many holes her story that she not only got upset and defensive; she no longer wanted to talk to him! *LOL*  Then was Don's conversation with the VP.  Not only was it apparent that the two women concocted this scheme, but they didn't get their story straight.  Again, Don poked holes in the story.  When he was done, he made it a point to tell her that we were well aware that she has a personal vendetta again Isaac and that it needed to stop.  He also made it clear that had anything happened to Isaac there were legal ramifications not only against the school but against them.

Don and I have made it a point to keep my parents and sister informed of what is going on.  It did take me a while to write my dad a detailed timeline of events and who was involved.  While I told him that it is being handled, I know my dad well enough that most likely has his own recourse running in the background as I type this.

Well it is pizza and movie night here.  You all have a great evening and a wonderful weekend!  BTW, thanks again for being such a wonderful support system for me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 11:57AM #24
lapatosu
My post from last night seems to have gotten lost in cyber-space.  That is okay, since I understand that B'net is doing some hardware fixes.  Basically I wanted to say -

Keegon - I'm glad to hear the surgery went well.  Courage on checking into the condition of your lungs.  Sounds like it is really time to give up the cigarettes, before your lungs give up.  The retired boss is still smoke free, after his successful lung surgery, and feeling better then ever.  Another good friend hasn't smoked for 9 months now.  His breathing problems are vastly improved as well.  It can be done.

JB - Isn't that the truth, about women being able to bullshit the men, but not other women. *rueful laughter.* I don't know how many times I've had a guy chastise me for being too hard on a woman, but I'm a middle child of three girls; which probably has a lot to do with it. :-)  I know a woman who is BSing, when I hear it.   Mind you, I know how to do the role of batting the eye-lashes, occasional tear, woe is me thing, isn't the world a cruel place; it just never got me anywhere, beyond  increased cynicism and depression - so try to avoid the practice.

Sharika - So, Don is feeling better?  You posted earlier that he was pretty sick.  And I'm glad to hear the lines of communication with your parents are open again.  If Don ends up back in the military, you'll be needing all the support you can get, given your past history when he was deployed.

What are the chances he would be accepted back into the Navy? Most of the folks that I know here, who have tried to join the forces again, can only get into the Army - which means instant Mid-east tour, while their families hunker down in Germany.

Linda - Its a full moon, which means wierd dreams.  I thought of you, after waking up this morning.  The dream?  My house was filled with squirrels, mice, rabbits, dogs and cats all trying to eat each other or escape through closed doors!  I've decided to have a cup of coffee, and not risk sleeping again. *exhausted, but laughing.*  The rabbit was really cute, though. Sending you strength and a quiet weekend, for a change.

Sending you healing and strenth, Karbie.

Sue - Glad to hear everyone got out safely.  At least your MIL didn't spend the trip blaming you for the car problems and the storm. :-)  I saw where Galveston still stands, so maybe she will be able to go home soon.

The turn in the storm that spared Galveston, has also spared us the worst part of the rain (sending my prayers to the folks in Arkansas).  My husband is at an all day judo tournament, my eldest and youngest are working, and my middle daughteris headed up north to visit her grandparents for the day. I'm going to spend my day schlepping around town, computer, sketch pad and camera in purse, money in my pocket, a bike to ride, and no meals to cook.  The idea is to get out and around people, while getting some much needed exercise, and just have fun.

Keeping all the folks in my thoughts, especially those who haven't posted recently.  Mlarue (was the second week easier?), Marie, Daemon, Karl, Tina, Joycie, NHT, Caren,  Twin (though I understand that her daughter's wedding is awfully soon).
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 1:42PM #25
joycon
I have read the last couple of days and tried repeatedly to post with no luck.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Keegon, glad the surgery went ok.

It has been raining here most of the week and we had tornados in the vicinity last evening.

I am still hurting though right now it's not as severe.

Hugs to all and crossing fingers this will post...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 1:47PM #26
joycon
Well, let's see if I am lucky twice.

Sharika, I am sorry for all you and your family are going through.

Lap, enjoy your day.

Today is toogie's birthday. He does not have internet access right now. He has been busy with his buggies and is starting to chop wood for the winter.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 2:42PM #27
Sharika1991
First off, my thoughts and prayers are with those who have been affected by Hurricane Ike and with those who will soon be affected.

Lap - To answer your question, Don is feeling better.  He still has a rough cough, but nothing like it was prior.  With regards to returning to the Navy, Don would require a an approved medical waiver to return to duty.  Because he hasn't been out of the Navy that long and because of his skill set he would have no problem going back to being AD Navy.  Now our only concern is whether he will be able to go back to shore duty or if he will have to deploy.

BTW, how is the weather out you way?

Joycie - Don't worry too much about me.  With regards to Isaac's school situation - the more these women anger me, the more I am taking that rage and using it in a positive manner.  I am not going to let them get the best of me and sure as h*ll am not going to have them destroy my son.  Between that and getting ready to have him tested for learning disability, I now have a priority and a focus.  As for every thing else... one day at a time.

Speaking of Isaac, his follow-up didn't go as well as it could have.  Dr. Reddy still picked up some wheezing and an O2 level of only 83%.  We did ask for a new script for some new Albuterol Sulfate for his nebulizer.  My concern is that it may be outdated.  She wants him doing a treatment every 4 hours for the next 24 hours.

Well I am in need of a nap.  The kids, Don and I didn't get to bed until about 3 this morning.  We were having to much fun playing games and putting the ordeal of the week on the back burner.  I can tell you right now that I have not held Isaac so close to me in so long.  For some time he felt that it was his duty to protect me; he seems to realize now that his mama will do anything to protect him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 4:25PM #28
nightwitch
hello to all.. last night / this morning was are night for barking dogs and stalkers.. with fathers calling to demand to know that their son was being arrested for.. adult son at that .. one that an officer tazed while he was on the phone to his father... he refused to comply and kept telling the officers to just shot him... so they did just not with what he expected.. one lady called about a barking dog this after the neighbor put the dog up.. told the offier that went out he needed to keep his f" ass there until he heard the dog barking again... like we are going to do that..
Lap... my first thougth about the rabbit was the Monty Python .. killer rabbit... and what are you eating before you go to bed?? what ever it is I want to avoid it.. I know what it is you need some junk food ....
Sharika... you go girl.... go get them... I hope  they get the ass is suspended if not fired..
  JB.. yes women have a much better BS indicator then men.. especally if they are dealing with a woman.. Yes Lap .. I have used the poor little of me womne thing ... use to work but if it  is some one that know me they just say get real you can do this better then I can..
  Keegon... sis... please please I am begging your STOP SMOKING>>> my father had smoke for over 30 years and went cold turkey.. now I am not asking you to do it that way.. but please stop.. my nephew works in cardic care and majority of his patient are smokers..
   Jeff how are you ???? long time not hear...
oh I am trying to post new pictures to my bnet profile.. me and my tattoos..
I did post more critter pictures but have not firgured out how to go back and put labels on them
to all the rest of the internet family... take care ... one day at a time..
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2008 - 7:27PM #29
lapatosu
*laughing* I was eating ice cream, before bed, the new flavor "Chocolate Extreme," by Blue Bell, Linda. Fudge Swirls with peanut butter cup pieces, walnuts, almonds and pecans, in a dark chocolate ice cream base. Pretty intense stuff. I'm remembering now, Dali praised chocolate for its abilities to give him weird dreams, that went on to inspire his art. I wonder if that was what he was using for his Persistence of Memory painting (the melting watch with ants). Any ways I think I'll stay away from it tonight. *grins*

By the by - I've found and awesome music site, Pandora.com.  Free music, and it lets you basically build your own radio station.  The library is huge.  It is going to save me oodles and oodles of money on CD's, and I won't have to store or dust them.
Lynne
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2008 - 10:34AM #30
CarenR
Good sunday morning,    I am glad that no one was affected by the hurricane......

I bought a lemon pie and now  I have to eat it all since I live alone........... it is only 3000 calories...  wow.... should have left it at the store......... ha ha ha....

Since our depression  place is gone I guess we post here.. now....

May God bless you this day.....

hugs, Caren
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 1092  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1092 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook