Page 474 of 953  •  Prev 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 ... 953 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 8:37PM #4731
Estacia

Joyce!!!!,

Your supper sounds great! I'm doing chili mac and corn on the stove as I Type. NO DRIVER'S LIC REG NO REG. Nothing!!! On the sidewalk/ bike lane You should wear a helmet. Follow your state's bike rules.

The cost was 1,800. I bought mine from extreme scooters .com. Ifyou shop around youmay get on cheaper it depends on what kind of model you want. I am 32 never ever drove. I learned and got comfortable with it in one day!

If you get yours shipped there is some assembly rqd. However your local bike shops may sell them and you should be able to drive off on it.I have 3 sperate compartments on my for storage ( even a trunk in the back)DO NOT EVER DRIVE W/ ANYTHING ON YOUR HANDLE BARS. It will throw your balence off.

I ride mine mostly on the side walk some road in the B.L of course. I also carry pepper spray in between my boobies for protection. :)

You can throw someone on the back. However max wt limit is 350.

I have to finish up dinner.

Love to all Here are a few pics I took today.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 11:31AM #4732
CarenR

good friday morning-

Joyceb- you would look so cute riding a scooter.

Estacia- I love your pictures,.

WEll yesturday I went to a salon   and had my hair colored red and brown oh so pretty. no more blond for me.

Today I am going to have a mamagram. Medicare pays for it each year.Its just a checkup.

Welll someone wants to take me out this weekend.might go. He is a retired teacher,

He is from Chrstian mingle .he lives in Sun City.about 10 miles-hugs, Caren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 2:04PM #4733
JoyceB53

Good afternoon, everyone, how are you all faring today?  So far, so good, here, but I've only been up for about and hour and a half.   But, I'm dressed, the toilet and bed are taken care of, I've had my vitamins and meds, and am ready for my second cup of coffee...brb.  Ok, I'm back, and y'all didn't even know I had actually left, correct?

I haven't been outside...gee, imagine that, eh?...but the front door is open and it's a lovely day out there: Sunny, and, according to the weather thingie on my monitor, it's only about 80ºF today.  Maybe I should put on a hat and go for a walk?  Ummm, nah, I don't think so.

Y'know, I don't think I told y'all this, but Wednesday I had to walk a ways to meet up with my cab driver.  May I have an "Ohhh, poor baby" here, please?  My across-the-street neighbor called me a little after 11am to tell me to look out my front door...so I did.  Somebody had driven his or her pick-up truck thru the chainlink fence by the road, and ended up about ten feet from the end of my building, almost in my neighbors' bedroom.  Not only had he or she broken down the fence, but also had sheared the light pole there basically in half:  The top of the pole was still hanging from the wires, but the bottom half was laid out on the ground.  So, my street was blocked off from both ends, and nobody could drive into my parking lot.  And of course, around 12:30pm, Georgia Power started working on the pole, and voila!   I had no electricity while I was getting ready for work.   Anyway, I called my cab driver, and we decided that I would walk out and meet him at such and such a place, maybe a short block away, so that was my little walk to get to work, lol.   The distance wasn't even the length of a football field, I don't think.  I took my time, used my cane, but sure wished I'd thought to put on a hat, lol.  By the time he and I met up, and I don't think I was in the sun more than five minutes, the heat and the sun beating on my head made me dizzy, plus, a couple of my meds are the type that tell you to stay out of the sun.   I made it to work, and while I don't know when the power came back on, I do know it was on by at least 7pm, as I called my own phone number, and my answering machine picked up.   And no, I have no idea how the driver of the pick-up truck is.   The accident happened around 10:30am, so I was asleep, and I haven't heard anything at all about the driver.

Stacie, who is that totally adorable and handsome young man in your photo?  Your son?  Man, he's a really good looking boy, and you are going to have serious girl troubles at your house when he hits his teen years, lol.  How old is he?  I saw him over on FB, too, btw. 

Thanks for all the information about the scooter.  It's a bit to pricey for me, altho I know from past experience that if I want something badly enough, I'll figure out a way to get it.  I went to the extremescooters.com website, and looked at several of the scooters, some of the electric bikes, and the bigger, riding scooters, too...the site says you'd probably have to have a license for those, tho, so they are out of the question.  As for the electric scooters, I think it was the 650 I liked so well, but I may have the numbers mixed up.  Anyway, it has the seat option and the little carrying box on the back, and looks quite sturdy, and will pull my weight, altho I wouldn't be able to take a rider with me.  That's cool,  probably wouldn't want a rider, anyway.

Your flowers are beautiful.  The ones in the photo with your son are begonias, right?  I'm assuming that you planted them?   When I lived in the little house across the street, with the carport, begonias, petunias, and impatients were my favorite container plants:  Easy to take care of, and lots and lots of blooms, for about five months, I think it was.  What are the ones in the white container?  Those are beautiful, also, and I love the ornamental grass in the middle.  Lovely!!

Caren, I'm not sure if I'd look cute or silly on one of those scooters, lol.  As big as my butt is, I think it would hang over the edge of the seat, and look pretty sloppy, lol.  If I had one, tho, I really wouldn't care what I looked like on it, as long as it got me from point A to point B.  That's all that's required of any vehicle, as far as I'm concerned.  Good looks are nice, but utility is what is important.

Are you going to post a new photo on fb, with your new hair color?  The description you gave sounds very pretty, and I'd love to see it.

The retired school teacher, about only ten miles away?  Sounds good, go for it, and have a good time.  But for the first few times you meet up with him, do it in a very, very public place, hear me?  Have your granddaughter or daughter take you to meet him, and then pick you up to bring you home...and yes, I'm serious.  I know you're an adult, but still and all, Caren, you need to be really careful these days, as there are so many nasty, mean, creepy people around us now.  Isn't that sad?  It's just a shame to have to be so suspicious and wary of new people, isn't it?  He's probably a really nice guy, but you just never know.  Better safe than dead!  And I don't want anything to happen to you, you're very important to me, y'know.

So.  Yesterday LibraryLady and I went to the library, as planned.  I picked up the two books and the two Brother Cadfael dvd's I'd orderd...and came home and ordered more books last night, lol.  Right now I have about a dozen on reserve, I think.   And, even tho I picked up two books and even tho I have about five more here at home waiting to be read, well, yup, I took out five from the shelves, lol.  One is by Clifton...Kelly?...the male half of "What Not to Wear," and it's called "Freakin' Fabulous."   I read his other book, "100 Fashion Mistakes Not to Make," or something like that, and  enjoyed his style of writing, so tried this one, too.   Also a mystery set in England, and three cookbooks:  Two vegetarian ones and one about Provence, France. 

As we were leaving the library, LibraryLady decided we needed ice cream, lol.  So, we went to Dairy Queen, and I had a Cookie Dough Blizzard, medium, and it was sooooo good that I wished I had gotten a large one, lol.

Came home and took the trash out, but still haven't cleaned the kitchen.  Sometime today, I guess.   I did find the energy to make the Red Bean and Smoked Tofu loaf, and Squash and Onions, but didn't have enough energy left to make the Mushroom and Onion Gravy for the loaf like I wanted to.  Everything still turned out very good, tho, so I was a wellfed and happy camper.

And I'm babbling again, aren't I?  Ok, since I want to call my dad, and I need to call the Pain Management Clinic to set up and appointment for July 12th or thereabouts, and I want to clean the kitchen, draw my tangle for the day, and maybe do some painting, I'm going to tell y'all that I hope you have a good afternoon and a lovely evening.  God bless.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 2:59AM #4734
karbie

My darling Grandma--who had better legs than I did as a teenager, always had a high metabolism and was a perfectionist. Therefore, she thought everyone had the same amount of energy until the time the doctors put her on medication that made her "Normal" and she could barely crawl out of bed. So the voice telling my mother she should be up and doing things instead of just sitting was instilled in her pretty early. Of course, Grandma didn't have to have spinal surgery in her mid-20's just to keep out of wheelchair like Mother did, either.  At that, I could finally keep up with Grandma shopping after the triple by-pass.

The Grandma my son and niece knew was a far cry from the one we had growing up. I think that my uncle's 4 beat her into submission, really. She wasn't working full-time as they got older. My sister and I were allowed to play in the pantry off the kitchen. We could only play with one toy each at a time and had to put that back before getting the next toy out. We were on our best behavior because it was import to Mother and perhaps fear on my sister's part. One of apparently my earlier memories was from their old house. I was tagging along behind my older sister, who was going to play with slightly older children and didn't want me at all. She was carrying a metal toy rake, and told me "If you don't turn around and go back right now I'll hit you on the head with this rake!" I didn't, she did--and our Uncle Dick was on the front porch and had heard and seen the whole thing. I was still one--I'd been running and climbing since I was 7 months old. He called for Grandma, and they were both so mad at her--I tried saying it was just an accident, but he looked at me and told me not to lie for her, it only made it worse. My sister "assumed" for years I was just confused; I told her I was well aware it hadn't been an accident and had literally been trying to save her behind. Grandma was spanking her, I was upset, and the top of my head did hurt--again, contrary to her belief she hadn't hurt me. So I rubbed me head, Grandma let go of her, looked at my head, and took me in to get an ice cube for it. I just hadn't expected my uncle to take over...but I don't think I'll forget the shock on my adult sister's face when I remembered the whole thing word for word. Or the additional surprise that I'd been trying to save her.Hey, they were furious.  I was small and thin; she had a weight problem even then and 3 year olds aren't supposed to hit 1 year olds hard on the head. AT least not in full sight of someone.

While I understand the whole hormonal theories, I still think that getting stuck having periods if you can't get pregnant is extremely unfair. Or as my husband has said, "I wouldn't be a female if you paid me." He'd asked me what cramps were like, and I told him. I'd think just having a timer pop up if you were pregnant--or just some spotting to tell you and none of the rest of the nonsense sounds like a better plan.

Queen Victoria--who wasn't a prude--asked her doctor what she could do to stop having so many children. When he told her, she said "What? And have no more fun in bed?" must have been, since she had 9. When they first came out with chloroporm and ether, clergymen wrote her and wanted her to come out against the use of either during childbirth. Women were supposed to go on suffering for the sins of Eve that got us kicked out of Eden. She thought that they were mad.Just a moment and then Ah! Bessed relief! is what she put in her journals.

He'd do the dishes for me, but finding any kind of gloves that can fit his hands isn't easy--his are very large. He's bringing stuff to me all the time as it is.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 6:57AM #4735
Estacia

Caren, A new do always makes a lady feel good!

Karbie, I hope you are feeling good today.

Joyce, The lil boy is my son. He'll be 7 next month. The love of my life. As for those flowers, We took those pics in an office plaza.

I suggest you should really do some reasearch on them before you buy so you get the one that suits you. :)

As for myself yesterday was a mentaly and phsyically challenging day for me. I had a appointment that was far roundtrip I drove for a 1 1/2. In a 105 + heat.  I am very greatful I didnot have to take a bus. I came home to choas from another family member who is also mentally ill. ( Not my daughter) As of now her M.I is under control.

It is hard when you are running errands meeting the demands and cares of your children and then be a care taker full time to another M.I person.

I feel I was being bullied aaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllll day.

I pray for a MUCH calmer day.

Love to all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 11:55AM #4736
CarenR

a new feature when I log on this site it takes me to front desk

Yesturday after my mamogram I bought some new eye glasses for my 19 year old grandaughter.

They told her she has astigmatism in her one eye.

then both grandaughters took us to   Macayos , a mexican restarant. I had fish tacos,and they had fajitas-with shrimp.

Joyceb-I didnt go to meet the teacher. as my daughter isnt driving because of the kidney stone.

Astacia- can you haul a lot of grocerys on the scooter.? before this did you take taxis to get around?

it will be 106 today. we are having hashbrows and eggs and toast soon. my 19 year old grandaughter is cooking.

God bless you, hugs, Caren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 12:08PM #4737
karbie

I still think that if you feel like you've been running all day--even if you've been in your car--it should burn the same amount of calories since it leaves you feeling as worn out as if you'd actually been on a treadmill for hours. Dealing with a young son, and being a caregiver for 2 family members with M.I.? That's an awful lot of stress for anyone.

Your son is adorable.

I did manage to get me cleaned up, hair washed, etc last night, which gave me a few hours of sleep at any rate. I've now passed the minimum of time required before I can lay down by the antibiotic, and long enough to take my AM meds. Thank God for insurance on prescriptions.

Got a few things ordered that we both like--2 books by an author we both like plus a Harrison Ford movie..won't get here as fast, but it means free shipping for all of it. Now that i rarely get out, I have to take care of my shopping gene somehow.

I've been pleased at how much of the way we did things actually filtered through--my 25 year old has savings, and tries to pay things off as quickly as possible. He's also unwilling to pay anything extra due to defective equipment--or cable companies, which comes to the same thing.

I "Mommied" him by default this week--he was going to come over one evening and I could tell he was worn out--and the next night I could tell he had a headache. I would have loved to see them, but I wanted them safe more.

Your family is lucky to have you. If those who you are caregiver to aren't able to tell you, you deserve thanks and praise for being there for them. You are a bright spot here!

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 2:55PM #4738
Estacia

Caren, Justa few groceries. Yes, I cab with my groceries. A family of 4 requires.... well more than I can eat!

You know next month Caren is the hottest time in AZ. I am NOT thrilled.

Karbie, Thank you, Thank you. If I ran away... :) they would be helpless and hopeful for my return!

My ulcer has been acting up since last night.

I am very hopeful and greatful for this new day.

Love to all,

Stacey

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 4:14PM #4739
JoyceB53

OK, y'all, I'm back!!!  Our temperature here right now is 81ºF, and normally I would whine about it being too high.  But. I just read Caren and Stacie's posts, and since they are dealing with temps over 105ºF, I am NOT going to whine one tiny, teensy bit.  Nope, not me!  I'm just going to be grateful that I'm here, and not out in Arizona with them, bless their hearts, as well as for the fact that my a/c is purring nicely, thank the good Lord!!!

Karbie, I've had a couple managers who couldn't wear the gloves, just like your husband:  Their hands were too large.  For hundreds of years, those of us in food service didn't have to wear gloves, so when the health law mandated that, yes, you WILL wear them, I really resented.  Now, after about four years or so of having to wear them, I have reversed my attitude completely, and am totally fanatic about them.   I have no problem telling somebody to PUT YOUR GLOVES ON, lol, and can't stand to see anyone handling food without wearing them.  Two of my other pet peeves concerning hand hygiene are servers that pull the trash, and stop to wait on a customer...without washing their hands.  OMG!  Isn't it common sense to wash your hands when you've been handling garbage?  Hellooooo?!?!?!   The other peeve is the smoker's that go outside to smoke...or anyone that goes outside for any reason while they're on the job...and will come back inside and to straight to a table to wait on someone without washing their hands.  OMG!!!   Helllllooooooo?!?!?!  Now, think about this for a minute, y'all, ok?  This is something everyone can see for themselves in the WH, everything we do is right out in front of you, the customer, ok?   Ever wonder what goes on in a closed kitchen, where you can't see what the folks in there are doing??!?!  Have you?  Huh?  Boggles the imagination, right?

The pop-up timer to tell when a woman is pregnant is a great idea, Karbie.  Too bad you can't copyright it and make a fortune from  it, right?  One to pop-up when it's really and truly time to head for the hospital to deliver would be nice, too, I think.  That would save lots of time and frustration as whether those are real labor pains or just annoying and painful false ones:  "Um, nope, the timer hasn't popped up yet, not time to go."

Stacie, I hope today has been much calmer and peaceful for you, bless your heart.  You surely do have a full plate. 

If I had the choice of riding on a bus or driving a scooter for an hour and a half in 105º heat, the bus would win, hands down.  No way could I handle the sun and the heat beating down on me for that long, no way!  You are a much more courageous woman than I am, m'dear.

Cabs are great, aren't they?  I don't know what I'd do without the A-1 cab company, lol.  And I don't know what I'll do if "my" driver ever leaves the company, either.  He is the only one I'll deal with, unless I just have to call someone else, and have known him, his wife, and his two sons for the entire 17+ years I've been at the WH.   In fact, I've seen both his boys get married and have children, and when i get off work at night, he doesn't come to take me home, but instead, his wife comes in her own van, lol.  She doesn't mind doing it, and I pay her the same fare I'd pay him, which is her running money for the next day.   No, she's not a cab driver, she works in an office, but that just shows you how much I think of "my" driver, and WHY I feel that way.   I feel a whole lot safer with him...or her...than with some of the drivers I've had to ride with in the past!!

Caren, I'm sorry you couldn't meet up with the school teacher, but maybe another time?  And I'm so sorry your poor daughter hasn't passed that blasted kidney stone yet, bless her heart.  Evidently my two experiences weren't "normal," because it really didn't bother me much at all...for which I'm truly grateful, believe me.

You and Stacie both need to stay inside, it's just too hot where you are.  'Course, it can get that high here in Georgia, but not as early in the summer, and not every year, either, thank goodness.   I bet Alaska sounds pretty good to both of you right about now, yes?

OK!  It has taken me three days, but I've done my House Blessing this week:  Trash is out, bed linen has been changed, I've vacuumed the livingroom, hallway, and bedroom, and swept and mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors.  Right now the first load of laundry is drying and the second one is waiting to dry, and, the dishes are all done, too.  Yesterday I finally put away about three weeks worth of clean laundry, and hopefully will have it in me to put today's away, as well.  And of course the toilet and bed have been taken care of, as usual.   So I'm pretty well pleased with my little apartment right now.

I have some information for y'all that you may or may not already know, and may or may not be interested in, lol.   But if you're not 65 or over, or almost 65, you won't care, I don't think.  Anyway.   Starting August 1st, I can start using my Medicare card.  As I think I may have already mentioned, I have to have a supplemental insurance to cover the freakin' gaps in Medicare...it'sctually worse then the BC/BS I have thru my job, in that it doesn't cover any prescriptions.  Well, Medicare' going to subsidize me, because of my low income, and throw me a free prescription plan in there...again, I think I've told y'all about that.  But, what I don't think I've told you, that you might be interested in, is that, thanks to one of my customers telling me about it, I have found, and applied to, a FREE supplemental insurance company.  All it will cost me is the co-pays, and of course I have to pay a co-pay everywhere I go.  The name of the company is Humana, and I received my insurance card from them in yesterday's mail.   My co-pays are $15 doctor's office visit, $35 for a specialist office visit, and I don't remember what it is for the ER, but it's not as high as what BC/BS wants, I don't think.  So, as soon as I get the card for my prescription plan, I can now cancel the BC/BS, which will give me roughly $25 a week more on my paycheck, which will just about cover the cost of what Medicare is going to take out of my social security check.   And, I'll have decent medical coverage, near as I can tell.  I'm just so pleased that my customer told me about Humana.  They ahve a website:  www.humana.com

if you want to go and check it out.  They have plans you can pay for, but I didn't see the need for that.  Now if I can get the food stamps, I'll be even more delighted, lol.

I've been up since close to 1pm and haven't eaten yet, so I think I'm going to head for the kitchen and see what i can come up with.  So, I hope y'all are having a good day.  God bless.   And btw, yes, I know there are quite a few typos in this post and no, I don't care, lol.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 12:05AM #4740
Estacia

Wow! You have worked @ the WH for a very long time. :) You must be proud!!!

It was a somewhat better day today. I'll take that!

Love to all,

Stacey

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 474 of 953  •  Prev 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 ... 953 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook