Page 460 of 912  •  Prev 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 ... 912 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 12:31PM #4591
CarenR

It will be 100 degrees today. Good news I have only 2 boxes to pack then time to move. my daughter Michelle will be here at 1pm friday..

JOyceb- my back is not hurting me any more. I am using flexeril for  it..

Sure wish that Lapatosu would come here. I miss her...

God bless you today. hugs. I will be posting on sat and sunday.. Then monday the movers come

to take the furniture. to Surprise, az my new home.

hugs, Caren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 1:19PM #4592
joycon

Thanks for noticing I was posting more Caren. I am trying to do better. Please be careful with moving. I would hate for you to hurt your back again or to have heat stroke from that 100 degree heat!

Carrie, I am so sorry you weren't included in the birthday party. Your son is apparently like mine and has his head up his a$$ and thinks the moon and stars revolve around him! Glad to hear you and D-I-L went out for breakfast. Is that the birthday boy's mom? Glad you got some sleep.

Karbie, I LOVE the diaper rash comment. I sat here and smiled.

It sucks that the insurance isn't paying part of the cost for the blocks. Is it because of deductables? Glad hubby was nice about it.

I had a recipe for catalina dressing and onions with a chicken (I think) in the crockpot ears ago. I can't remember if I tried it and didn't like it....

I have only had a m-i-l for 7 years and have had no mother for nearly 40 years so I forget about my m-i-l. I haven't done anything yet. Danny never does anything like that and if I don't it just doesn't happen.

What a blessing you were to the folks at the doctor's office. I have gone to the same doc for many many years. Unfortunately the last year or so the office staff and the RN (whom I worked with) have become so antagonistic that it is negatively impacting patient care. When they are sitting behind the counter bickering among themselves it's unpleasant to be around.

Joyce, diaper rash, heat rash, and athlete's foot?! LOL! I could make it even worse by not telling them what to do about it!

I wondered what had happened with your 5 days off and that stinks. It doesn't surprise me though. It's good that you got out and went with Library Lady. We were in the city yesterday and stopped by Aldi for a few things. I didn't get anything we didn't need but still ended up spending $30 for just a few things.

I spent so much time last week cleaning. I was so proud of the guest room. It still looks pretty good but the living room and kitchen areas look like a dirty garage sale. I still haven't put away the three or so loads of laundry I mentioned the other day. I haven't done any cleaning except making the bed and doing the dishes and I have been letting a day or so slip by without that. Unfortunately I have not been taking care of myself either. Wed. I noticed that my refrigerator was making noises and the air around it felt hot. Danny pulled it out after I cleaned off the top and I took the back off and pulled hair around around the fan shaft and vacuumed. Then I scrubbed the floor under it and we put it back. Yesterday we went to garage sales but I hurt so much we came home early.

Take care everyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 12:37AM #4593
JoyceB53

Well, gee, good morning, everyone...12:17 midnight...missed a whole day without intending too.  Instead of posting, I was busy doing this, that, and the other around the house, reading, and tangling.  I found a couple new tangle patterns that I liked really well, so had to try using them right away.  It was a really good day.

Joycie, after you cleaned and vacuumed the 'fridge, did it work right?

Y'know, you'll get the house under control again eventually, so don't stress about it.  Just 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there, plenty of breaks, lots of water, lots of self-pampering, and the habit for May:  Move.   Move for 15 minutes...according to FlyLady, 15 minutes of walking equals a mile:  7 1/2 minutes one way and 7 1/2 minutes back.  So what's my excuse, right?  ;0)  Oh, yeah, I remember:  I don't have a watch, so i can't time myself...snicker.  Works for me, ok?  LOL!!!  Anyway, you said you hadn't been taking care of yourself, and that's something that FlyLady talks about, too.  There's a new pamper mission every Friday, y'know, so maybe that would help you some.  I've never paid too much attention to it because, quite frankly, since I'm the only one here, I manage to stay quite pampered, thank you very much!  And another thing is that you're more important than the house, so go ahead and take care of YOU, ok?   xoxoxox

It's a shame that you couldn't enjoy going to the garage sales.  I'm sorry you were hurting too badly, and I hope you're feeling better now.

How do you like shopping at Aldi?  One thing I like about it is that it's much smaller than Kroger, so I can get in and out quicker.   Something I've noticed, tho, is that even Aldi has gone up on their prices.  They are still cheaper than Kroger, tho, so I htink I'll continue to do the bulk of my shopping there.  This coming week, tho, I'm going to cash my income tax check and do some serious shopping at Kroger, stocking up, buying soy products, especially shelf-safe tofu and soy milk.

Caren, thankfully it hasn't hit 100º here yet, and right now it's only 63º.  I never noticed what the temperature was during the day, tho, but it was pretty out, I do know that, because I had the front door open.

Flexeril, which I can't take, btw, is only for helping your muscles relax and to help the pain.  It will not mend any existing injury and it won't stop future injuries from happening.  In other words, you still need to be careful of lifting, twisting, bending, whatever, because even tho you don't hurt now, you can still injure your back again.  Flexeril makes me way too dopey, and if I take even a small amount to sleep with, I don't wake up alert at all, and it can take about four hours after I wake up to feel human again.   So I can't take it, just like i can't take Elavil...same reason.

If you want to catch up with Lap, she's on FB, y'know.

Anyway.  I had a really nice day, and it's so nice to realize that I still ahve another two left and don't have to work this weekend.  The bed and toilet were taken care of, the dishes got washed and put away, I washed an old comforter but didn't dry it.  Instead, I slung it over a door, lol.   Most likely it's already dry enough to put on the bed, so I'll change comforters as well as linens when i do the laundry this week.  And try to remember to flip the mattress...ugh.   I vacuumed the living room, bedroom and hallway, and changed the cover and pillows on the loveseat...dusted and rearranged the stuff on the coffee table, put a lacy throw with gorgous fringe over the rocker, and tied a long blue scarf around my straw hat and hung it on the etagere(ain't that just the fanciest dang word?!?!?)and my canvas hat on the other side, but no scarf.  Looks nice in here now.   Somebody needs to come and get that darned old big and ugly tv out of here, sigh.   Drew two large tangles, read a lot...made a sammich out of the tofu/redbean loaf from yesterday for lunch, and supper was corned beef hash with two eggs on top and some green peas.  Very nice day.

So, I hope everyone is sleeping well by now, and that we all have a lovely Saturday.  God bless.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 9:06AM #4594
CarenR

Please eveyone pray for my daughter Jennifer Adams. she is in Del webb hospital with a cardiac problem. she is only 36 years old. and is the one I am moving in with.

Thank you, Caren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:05PM #4595
joycon

' morning everyone. It's almost noon.

Joyce, yes, the refridgerator is not making noises and the air around it is not hot. I bought a single wide trailer and put it out here on the land where our old farm house burned to the ground in 96. The fridge and stove came with it so they have been in use for 16 years. There are parts of them that need to be repaired/replaced but I would rather spend the money on something else.

I appreciate your encouragement about taking care of myself. I "shared" something on FB about not deserving to be made to feel worthless, even by yourself... I guess I have managed to bypass the emails about pampering.

Aldi is about 30 miles away so we don't get there often. I have noticed the prices are higher and also that some of the products are smaller. I have also noticed that at Walmart, which is only 7 miles away. It's probably the most popular place in our county, lol. Anyway, I like to stock up at Aldi though there are some products I do not like there. The big rope sausage is primarily fat with no flavor, IMHO. Hope you get lots of bargains at Kroger.

Flexaril gives me a hangover also, but not nearly as bad as the elavil. I am taking fish oil for it's antiinflammatory properties from the arthritis pain but had stopped for a few days because I am bruising a lot. But then I started hurting more and took ibuprofen for the pain which is also an antiinflammatory...

Good for you for all the housecleaning and decorating! I love that feeling of pleasure when I see the house looking nice. I gloated over the guest room for a couple of days even when I complained about all the work that went into it. I have yet to do the weekly houseblessing. I did do some minor decluttering of hot spots yesterday.

We went to a garage sale yesterday which was a fundraiser for a high school band. Last year we had bought microwave heating packs there and they really helped Danny's knees. However, he left them both in a motel room on our trip last July. I tried to make one but it didn't turn out right or last long. We went specifically hoping to find some more. We looked where they had been but couldn't find them. Someone had come in earlier and bought a bunch of them. He talked to the staffers about contacting the folks who made them and gave them his number. I went back over to the craft area where they had been and found tow of them that we had missed. I was so excited and he was delighted. I also found some stamped (for embroidering) quilt blocks new in the package for a dollar. There are 6 panels per package. I will give them to my sister-in-law who quilts and made me a quilt she brought to me a couple of weeks ago.

I am crocheting a filet pattern which will have our name on it and will be framed to hang on the wall. I am hoping to have the crocheting part done before Monday which is our 7th anniversary. I want to give it to him to symbolize us.

Caren, I am praying that Jennifer's cardiac problem is minor and she will recover fully very quickly.

Happy Mother's Day to all of us, regardless of your parental status or gender.

God Bless.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:48PM #4596
CarenR

Update on Jennifer, her kidneys  are shut down please, keep praying for her

hugs, Caren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 1:57PM #4597
karbie

Dear Caren,

My prayers are there for your daughter and for you, for strength, recovery,for you each to have extra angels to help you.

When my Grandma was about 90, Mother asked her how old your grown children had to be before you stopped worrrying about them. Grandma told her "When it happens I'll let you know!"

When I body-blocked a toddler from zipping out a door into a busy parking lot, she gave me a real scowl. I just told her, "Yes, it's true. All Moms work together, and all of us are finks."

The flowers got to everyone yesterday, and I discovered my son had given me a book from my wish list for my kindle.

You aren't worthless. I know that when I feel like that I draw back from everyone, and yes, self-medicate with food.

I ended up in the hospital when the Pain Management people didn't give my husband my generic Flexeril and I was off it unsupervised while my physical condition got to the point I thought I was going to have a stroke. You don't drop anything suddenly after being on it for 10 years. My dosage is 3 a day. I can't handle Ibuprofen, Naproxen, or asprin. I was on Naproxen for over a year and apparently my body decided it had more than enough of it.

We never know how we have touched some one else's life...but we all love you and you've touched ours. You are my sisters here...and we aren't engaged in any of the pecking order ploys here. I hope you can accept that people who've seen the real you inside know just how special you are.

Happy Mother's Day!

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 4:35PM #4598
JoyceB53

Caren, prayers have been sent for your darling Jennifer, for the medical people taking care of her, and for you, also.   Such a scary time for you, I know, bless your heart.

Karbie, hello.  Hope you're having a good day, and enjoying your kindle.  That was so nice of your son to get you one of the books on your list.

Joycie, decluttering hot spots is important, and I'm not very good at it, sigh.  My really biggest, and most obvious, hot spot, is my kitchen table...you know the one, that's not really in the kitchen but i don't know what else to call it, lol.   I've seen it worse, but, um, not much.   Today is House Blessing day here, with the exception of mirrors, magazines, and trash.  Trash can wait until next week, and I'm not thru with my magazines yet.  Mirrors?  I can still see in them, lol.   The laundry is all washed, and half the first load is drying.  And, I even managed to flip my mattress...it's a twin size, so it could've been much worse.

Ok, I have a question for any and/or all of you.  My income tax return showed up Wednesday, and some way, some how, when I was opening it, I tore it slap in half, down the middle.  Duh.  Sigh.  Sheesh.  I've taped it very neatly back together, so, my question is this:  Can I still get it cashed or do I have to return it and ask for another one to be reissued?

77ºF today, sun's shining, and the front door is open, the closest I'll probably get to going outdoors...per usual, y'know.  I haven't a clue what's for supper...oh, yeah, I do, come to think of it:  Chicken Pot Pie and a baked 'tater, I guess.   Then I need to sit down and make a menu plan.  There's three kinds of fish and lots of chicken legs in the freezer along with quite a few veggies, so I've got NO excuse for not cooking, right?  Right!!  Ha!  Guess I told me, whaddya think?

I'm babbling here, so that means it's time to say see ya later.  God bless.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 7:44PM #4599
Carelee

Dear all,

Joyce, do you have a regular bank? take it to someone who knopws you!~ write more later.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 13, 2012 - 10:17AM #4600
CarenR

Happy Mothers Day

my daughter Jennifer is still in the hospital-the doctor says that her kidneys are failing because she took pain meds for alot of years and it hurt her kidneys.she has something wrong with her heart also

hope you all have a lovely holiday..today.

joyceb-have a wonderful weekend

the boxes are all packed now just doing some cleaning.

I sold  my table and 6 chairs to the buyer of my home. they gave me

$75.00 for it.

May God bless you all

hugs, caren

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 460 of 912  •  Prev 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 ... 912 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook