Page 455 of 908  •  Prev 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 ... 908 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Front Desk
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 1:49AM #4541
karbie

Congratulations on finishing the marathon....I'd have been calling for a ride about a block or so from the start. I do better if I have a shopping cart to push...probably because it means that I'm out shopping!

It's great about the house selling so fast1

Here's something to remember--you should never beat yourself up because there are too many people to do it for you. Usually ones who have time to criticize you but not time to help you out.

The TV in my room is on cable, but it was a TV/vcr combo, and up until 2 years ago had never been on cable. The bed in that room is a queen-size and the memory foam pad on that bed is twice as thick. I'll still be checking in.

I have a new stupid pet trick for you all. The kid's cat had figured out that if he got into the cabinet under the sink, he could get into the drawers from the back. Unfortunately, Moses hadn't figured out how to get out of the drawers. So they just followed the "Mrow?' Mrow?" until my son opened the junk drawer to be greeted by a pair of huge slanted golden eyes that were very happy to see him.

My Grandma used to spoon feed her Pomeranian--he was over 17 when she finally helped him go. By then he was blind, deaf, and obviously in a lot of pain...but when he lost all control, that was that. I'm glad that yours was just in a deep sleep.

Hey, tell us what the LR thinks of the clocking out idea--it's a money saving idea, something they all like. I just figure that even if he doesn't make her clock out, he'll be watching very closely to see just how much time she's stealing instead of working. I just hate the idea that you are being forced to do extra work and she's getting paid without working. With the economy the way it is, it shouldn't be that difficult to replace her with someone who would work harder. Even a "No cell phones on the floor"policy would be pretty standard.

I did finally get down today and fixed breakfast for dinner-eggs over easy, toast, bacon, and some homefries. I dice potatoes, put on some dabsof margarine, pepper, and nuke them on the 3 potatoes setting. Myhusband was happy with the addition because he wasn't expecting an actual vegetable. It's also good with mixed white potato/sweet potato.

Not much going on here, but I did want to check in.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 12:56PM #4542
joycon

Glad to see you Karbie. I laughed out loud at the shopping cart method. Glad you were able to make it downstairs.

We had the meeting of the Women's Mission Union yesterday at church. There were only 5 of us including the pastor's wife (president) and daughter (secretary). I told them, very diplomatically (IMHO) that I was a Martha/martyr and I was working on that, but that when I showed up to help with the function at 2PM Sonya was the only one there and was already working. I said I jumped in to help her. I said that planning and cooking (which she did) and making the box for offerings (which I did) was fun but that she set up all the tables by herself and she and I set up all the chairs and that's not fun. I said that I would like to see more involvement from others. THe pastor's wife stepped up and said that she would coordinate the next project in August and that she would take my help whenever she could get it.

Today I am going to do my weekly home Blessing and hopefully some other stuff, but I have no outside activities today, unless I go to the Y. However, it is nearly noon and I have done nothing except feed the dogs and be on the computer. None of it was games but e-mails and subscriptions, a couple of things for church, and another group I lead.

We will be getting the camper ready to go this week. We plan to go to north central KS for a week on the 30th.

Have a great day everyone!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 10:12AM #4543
joycon

OK, it's been 2 days since I posted.... I may just start leaving "I was here" posts to see something new.

It is supposed to be 91 here today.

I am kind of down or struggling to not be down. I think most of it is money related. Got a couple of bills I am behind. We are going to north central KS for a week next Monday and I don't think we can afford it. But he wants to go. He is also taking an elderly buddy of his who will be in the RV with us. This man gets around better than hubby does so that is not the issue. It's just having to accomodate another person's lifestyle. Oh well, it may be a wonderful adventure. I had suggested the two of them go without me but hubby said he wouldn't go if I didn't. His ex and her kids and grandkids live there and Danny wants to spend time with his grandson. I can't blame him.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 3:35PM #4544
CarenR

Hi every one- I have been packing boxes.and my back is hurting I have to be out of my home by  May 16th...I sold my home with a pretty nice price.

I am going to urgent care to see if they will give me pain meds for my back. I am laying down a lot..........

God bless you everyone.

hugs, Caren

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2012 - 6:43PM #4545
joycon

Hope they can help you Caren!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 12:41AM #4546
JoyceB53

Just one of my quick fly-bys to say hello and let y'all know I'm still kickin', but tired.  Will be back Thursday sometime, ok?   God bless.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 2:34AM #4547
MarleneEmmett5

CarenR:
I feel your pain~ my back's also killing me, I'm moving to West Palm Beach,FL on 6-1!!!
I'm also packing and throwing away stuff I don't need like old bills.
Cleaning up my bedroom is the hardest.
Have a lot of things I must get rid of !!
Take it easy, don't do too much, try not to hurt yourself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 11:37AM #4548
karbie

Caren--If you can't get it all out by the due date, see if you can "rent" your house for another week or even month. With your back in agony, it might be worth while to hire professional movers to pack up for you rather than you doing it all. Offer to pay your kids to help you if they haven't figured out you aren't Superwoman on their own. $30 and a pizza sounds about right to me. I know you want to spend as little as possible, but you can't do it alone.

When my sister had her house up for sale it wnet so quickly that she and my niece ended up living with my mother for several months. During that time, she had a surprise hysterectomy, just when it was time to go to Florida. (My niece stormed up to me, telling me no one knew what it had been lie sharing that bedroom with her Mom. I told her that I knew exactly what she'd been going through because I'd shared the room with her during her first major hormonal changes.) Not exactly sympathy, but it gave her perspective.

They ended up paying for my son and I to go down and help them.My sister couldn't bend, my niece couldn't kneel. The day I found the VCR my brother-in-law said I'd done enough. He knew I would also be the one who could make my sister go to bed. The house was only 2 years old--and I had to tell my sister things like the light shades not being frosted...I put a lot of anger to use on all the petty things that hadn't been done. The tile had been regrouted on the floor, but they didn't even sweep up. She wanted to scuffed areas of the paint re-touched, and it was done. They just used dark blue paint on the light blue wall. I got the low stuff and my niece did the climbing. I couldn't do anything like that now.

Second block was yesterday. They were running behind--I was on a bed, had a cool breeze, filtered sunlight through the curtains, a warm blanket, and background music I didn't mind. One woman who had walked by me a few times came over to talk to me because she said that I looked happy and calm. Of course I did--I didn't have to feel guilty over not accomplishing anything at home, so I consider this as free time to relax. There wasn't anything I could do to speed things up--completely out of my hands. I feel the same way waiting for appointments--I figure after the times I've begged a doctor to squeeze my son in on my appointment, I have no cause to complain if they are behind afterward.

so I went in all relaxed, kept the muscles in the area relaxed, and it went much better than the last one.The nurses told me that I was a dream patient--no crying screaming, or sedation. I'm just praying they work well and hold. When the guy who checked me in ased my pain level, I told him it was an 8, and he was upset because "an 8 is still in the really bad zone." I told him that depended on what direction you were approaching it from. Our yo-yo weather has prompted a fibromyalgia and arthritis flare big time. Toothaches in my bones, barbed wire stretched along the lower back muscles. At least I know that I will never be alone...Arthur Itis will always be with me. Too bad  we can't divorce or evict him, since I don't like him at all.

I'm not going crazy. Years ago when my son told me that I was going crazy, I told him there was no travel involved. He loved it and has used it ever since. Family punch lines are like that,aren't they?

Have agood trip to the reunion. Since the other mand is riding with you, will he be contributing on the gas costs? That would go a long way to making the trip less of a strain on your budget.

I wish you all temperatures you can live with, pain levels that go down, and a remission of whatever is bothering you.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 2:38PM #4549
JoyceB53

Hi, there, everyone, how are all of you today?  It's 70 something degrees today and sunny, altho I haven't looked outside to be sure yet.  All I know is what the monitor thingie is telling me...good enough for me for now.  I'm in a weird place today, not really depressed, but certainly not in a really good mood, either.  Waa waa waa waa!  So much for the vent of the day, and the whining, and yes, I'd love some bread and cheese with that whine, please.  Thanks!!

Caren, is your back any better?  Poor baby, you have my total sympathy, believe me.  Perhaps you ought to do what Karbie suggested, and hire someone to help you do the packing.  Packing up after being in the same place for years is a major job, not one to be taken lightly.  Even just one more pair of hands to help is a big deal.   When I moved into this apartment I had a crew of four women helping me, and still ended up hiring two guys with a van to move some of the heavier stuff for me, and still ended up crying from exhaustion and frustration, right in front of all six of them, by the end of the day.  Take it easy on yourself and try to get some help.

Karbi, your description of the block makes having one sound like a dream, lol.  I'm glad you were able to relax with it, and take advantage of the free time to not feel guilty.  Now, IMHO opinion(humble opinion?  Me?  Hah!), you have no reason to feel guilty about things not getting done well enough to suit you at home anyway:  With the fibro, the arthritis, and the leg problems that keep popping up, you are in a world of hurting, and functioning normally is out of the question.  You know I share the fibro and the Arthur with you, so believe me, I understand your situation.  And both the fibro and the Arthur will be with us both for the rest of our lives.  Sorry, but that's just the way it is, sigh!  And btw, I use the shopping cart, too...it's easier than a walker, I think.

That's so funny...and cute...about the cat and the kitchen drawers, lol.

I don't know what the LR thinks about these young girls, seriously.  He's pretty much a lecher, so I'm sure he tries to overlook their being such slackers, altho he does keep saying that one of them, at least, is on her way out.  And of course, he really does have to have replacements before he can let them go, I do realize that.  What I do know is that whenever I ask if I can leave early, the answer is generally a resounding NO!!  There is already a policy for no cell phone usage while you're working, but nobody seems to pay any attention to it.  Last night, my 5pm person disappeared for about 45 minutes!   Fortunately we weren't busy at all, but she could've been in the shop getting a head start on her sidework, or even...*GASP*...doing some kind of cleaning.  We are a 24 hour establishment, there is always something to be done.  I've suggested to the LR that I could do these shifts alone, but his reply...with an actually somewhat sympathetic smile...is that yes, he knows I could, but he also kknows that the next day I would have to call out.  Sadly, he's right, sigh.

Joycie, I hope your trip next week turns out to be fantastic!  

I'm glad your dog was ok.  And I'm also glad that you spoke out at the WMU meeting!!!  Hopefully the minister's wife will stick to her word and do what she has said.  Maybe some of the others will step up, too.

Last week I did the Home Blessing, except for two things:  I didn't dust, nor did I do mirrors, and yup, my mirrors really need doing, lol.  This week?  Probably not, because I only have two days off, today and tomorrow.  Then i work Saturday...and he has scheduled me for next Saturday, as well...and off Sunday, then the normal M-T-W.  Yucky schedule, and I'm going to suggest to him that maybe one of the 5pm girls would be willing to work next Saturday.  One of them is our college girl who is back for the summer, and I think she might be willing, as she wants to make money while she's here.

The boredom/depression comes and goes, just like it always has, and for no apparent reason.  Like I said earlier, today I'm in a really strange place.  Possibly today is because I'm weirded out over my schedule change as it really disrupts my routine(can you say, "stuck in a rut?")and I do NOT like that at all.

Marlene, you be careful while you're packing, too.  Don't do too much at a time, try to take it easy on your back.  Aching, sore backs are no fun at all, too many of us here already know that.

So.  Even the the toilet is swished and the bed is made, I'm not dressed and it's 2:23PM.  I've been up since about 12:30 noontime, and don't have anything planned for today except getting the laundry done since I won't be here on my regular laundry day, Saturday, getting the dishes done, and showering and shampooing.  I'm thinking it's a good day to use the kitchen sink for me hair, and then use the baby wipes for my shower, lol.  Man, I love those wipes.  Karbie, i can't thank you enough for telling me about them, they are truly a wonderful, wonderful thing.  The ones from CVS did a good job, kept me clean, but now I'm using Huggies and man, they have the BEST smell to them.  I think it will be Huggies from now on, no kidding.

And I've done the Zentangle for today, but I don't like it much.  So I'll probably do another one.  I enjoy tangling to the point that some days I'll do as many as three...then I pre-date them, heh heh heh, so I'm three days ahead.  Is that cheating?  It's ok that I count that as doing one a day, right?  Yeah, I'm sure it's ok, lol.  I've got an idea for a journal page in my small journal, had it for about three weeks now, so maybe, just maybe, I'll do that, too.

Tomorrow LibraryLady and I are going to...wait for it...snicker...the library.  Duh, right?  They are holding NINE books for me that I've ordered, so I won't be browsing the stacks this time.  I still have about five here that I haven't started yet, lol.  The last two books I read were about the Darling Dahlias, and were excellent, fun books by Susan Wittig Albert(or Susan Albert Wittig, I never can remember the proper sequence of her name, sigh).  The Dahlias are a gardening club in Darling, Alabama(fictional town), in the 1930's...the streets of their town are still unpaved, not everybody has a phone or electricity, and the radio is a fairly new thing for them, and there are still folks using horse and buggy, instead of cars.  Lovely time, and the book makes it sound like the best possible time to be alive, except for the Great Depression.  In spite of the lack of modern technology, the Dahlias solve a couple serious crimes.   Really great reads!!  

Haven't cooked anything interesting, don't plan on it, either.  Probably tonight will be frozen battered fish fillets, baked potato, and crookneck squash and onions, altho right now that simple meal sounds a little too much to do...like I said, I'm in a weird space, and laziness is, serious laziness, is a part of it, lol.  Tsk, right?

Anyway, I hope y'all are having the best possible day.  God bless.   And btw, has anyone heard for Katy1234?  Seems like it's been a long time since she's posted, yes?  And Keegon...Belleo...ree...and I miss Lap even tho I know I can talk to her on FB.  FB just ain't the same, tho.  Later, y'all. 

Today is the day that the Lord hath made; we shall rejoice and be glad in it.

---Psalm 118:24
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 8:01PM #4550
joycon

Karbie, I'm glad the block wasn't difficult and hope it works. The hubby's friend is still waffling on going. Some days he says he is and other days he says he can't find anyone to watch his dog. No, it can't go because we are already taking our two dogs and our third dog is going to our inlaws.

JB, I'm sorry you are feeling weird. I am also sorry you are having to work on Saturday. Did you ask for that?

On Monday I vaccuumed (sp?) swept, did a load of laundry, cooked, did dishes (I think three times) swished and swiped one bathroom. Tuesday I worked on decluttering the craft room for 3 hours. Yesterday it was laundry, switching out winter clothes for summer, and cleaning the trash out of the vehicles and straightening the camper. Today a friend and I drove 2 hours away to a garage sale of another friend we used to work with. We both got a lot of crochet thread and other goodies. I did dishes. That's all.

Tomorrow is my daughter's 37th birthday. I bought a frame that had a country angel on it which says "Mother and Daughter". I will put a photo of her and I shortly after she was born. Her "birthday story" was that when I went to the hospital to have her the leaves were only budded out but were completely open when we came home. She loves that story. So I am going to glue gold colored filagreed leaves on the frame. (Providing I can find the leaves in the craft room!)

They are calling for rain every day next week. Doesn't sound like a fun time to be out camping... oh well...

Take care everyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 455 of 908  •  Prev 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 ... 908 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook